cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

The_cloak_0 wrote:
How good is default this MBO M.2 cooler when compared to Bequiet MC1? It can't be removed? Does it come with thermal pad? Last 30 minutes I was reading reviews but I didn't find that anyone tested M.2 temperatures.

I stress the nvme with/without ramcache and start with 27ºC and finish with 27ºC xD. Dont need more.

I see your message like this on my PC and phone:

Maybe is some problem with text formatting.

The_cloak_0 wrote:
I see your message like this on my PC and phone:

Maybe is some problem with text formatting.

Yes, the issue is the degrees symbol doesn't work here.

Hallo
I have the x-470 f gaming with the AMD 2600x and i will move to
AMD 5600G
I have the 5603 bios version now
Just want to ask how i will update the bios for the 5600g?
i update the bios until some version and after i put the 5600g and continue with
the next version and if it is like this until witch version can i go now withe the 2600x
Thanks.

Hi fellas! Does anyone here own a 5800x3d? My mobo does wonderfully with the regular 5800 so I was wondering if upgrading could be a possibility. Thank you

MadGoat
Level 8

jowdyboy
Level 8
Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.7
AMD X470-F BIOS v6042

Just installed this with my 5900X and all appears to be more performant than before. Getting some solid single-core and multi-core performance during small CPUZ benches:

I have off-set voltages setup for SOC and CPU - overall, seems to be rock-solid stable:

jowdyboy wrote:
Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.7
AMD X470-F BIOS v6042

Just installed this with my 5900X and all appears to be more performant than before. Getting some solid single-core and multi-core performance during small CPUZ benches:

I have off-set voltages setup for SOC and CPU - overall, seems to be rock-solid stable:

You've had a 2700X before, do you by any chance remember the offset values you were using with the previous CPU? I haven't upgraded mine yet, I would like to have an approximate range to play with. Mine runs on stock values at the moment, if you've other recommendations regarding BIOS settings to turn on/off feel free to throw them at me.

eXeToR wrote:
You've had a 2700X before, do you by any chance remember the offset values you were using with the previous CPU? I haven't upgraded mine yet, I would like to have an approximate range to play with. Mine runs on stock values at the moment, if you've other recommendations regarding BIOS settings to turn on/off feel free to throw them at me.

Hey! Well, I'm at the point now in my life now where I simply don't care (or have time to care) about fine-tuning my components like I used to when I was younger.

When I had the 2700X in my system (it's now in the GF's system in a similar ASUS X470-I ITX Motherboard), I had the SOC and CPU voltages set to the "-" offset, with the "auto" value. I'm using the same offset settings in my current 5900X system. At the moment, "HWMONITOR" and "HWINFO" are reporting that my SOC's max voltage is "1.000", but averages "0.995". My CPU voltage hits a max of "1.487", and averages "1.420". Averages were calculated after using the system for 5 minutes with moderate usage (YouTube, Excel, etc.).

I couldn't tell you what the average voltages are for the 2700X build using the "auto" negative offset values, because I'm not sitting in front of it currently.

jowdyboy wrote:
Hey! Well, I'm at the point now in my life now where I simply don't care (or have time to care) about fine-tuning my components like I used to when I was younger.

When I had the 2700X in my system (it's now in the GF's system in a similar ASUS X470-I ITX Motherboard), I had the SOC and CPU voltages set to the "-" offset, with the "auto" value. I'm using the same offset settings in my current 5900X system. At the moment, "HWMONITOR" and "HWINFO" are reporting that my SOC's max voltage is "1.000", but averages "0.995". My CPU voltage hits a max of "1.487", and averages "1.420". Averages were calculated after using the system for 5 minutes with moderate usage (YouTube, Excel, etc.).

I couldn't tell you what the average voltages are for the 2700X build using the "auto" negative offset values, because I'm not sitting in front of it currently.

If you run it like that it's running on stock values, if you've only changed that the changes don't do anything as far as I know (I might be wrong).