cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

2022/03/15
14.99 MBytes
ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING BIOS 6024

• Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.6b
  • Improve system performance and stability
  • Improve system performance for AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

Download

eXeToR wrote:
2022/03/15
14.99 MBytes
ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING BIOS 6024

• Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.6b
  • Improve system performance and stability
  • Improve system performance for AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

Download

I'm curious what this Agesa gives us performance / stability wise ... if anything

AlleyViper
Level 9
ATM I'm far from my x470-F system so I could confirm, but I remember under 5861 that selecting "discrete TPM" would revert back to firmware after a reboot (cpu is a 2600x if it matters, no external tpm module present). I tried to set it with the same intent as you.

Another issue I noticed with this bios, is that on the q-fan GUI with fan speed tables both wc fan headers are now showing listed (they wouldn't on the older bios I was using, as their options are far more limited on the other q-fan text menu. no presets available, p.e.). These tables seem greyed out for use (and don't mimic what's been set manually on the text menu), but if one tries to mess with them by selecting pwm/dc to unlock radio button presets, these will then cause a bios lock up.

AlleyViper wrote:
ATM I'm far from my x470-F system so I could confirm, but I remember under 5861 that selecting "discrete TPM" would revert back to firmware after a reboot (cpu is a 2600x if it matters, no external tpm module present). I tried to set it with the same intent as you.

Another issue I noticed with this bios, is that on the q-fan GUI with fan speed tables both wc fan headers are now showing listed (they wouldn't on the older bios I was using, as their options are far more limited on the other q-fan text menu. no presets available, p.e.). These tables seem greyed out for use (and don't mimic what's been set manually on the text menu), but if one tries to mess with them by selecting pwm/dc to unlock radio button presets, these will then cause a bios lock up.

Yep, I can confirm both actions you describe exist on mine as well. Running 5861. The fan problem has existed in one form or another for many bios versions now. I submitted to support a long time ago, they couldn't care less.

AlleyViper wrote:

Fan controlling issues have been there from early BIOS versions of this M/B.
It is really sad that for so many years now, these random issues have not been resolved.
I've stayed to 4804 as this BIOS version seems to have no issues with fans -but has other like total system freeze on 2nd hibernation wake-up 🙂

I'm still with a 2700X and "afraid" to jump to a 5xxx series one, because I'll have to face these kind of issues with a new Asus M/B
or the latest BIOS versions of X470-F. Support was not helpful the last time I talked to.

By the way is any of your fans by Noctua ?
Because Noctua fans have an internal control chip that possibly conflict with the fan control hardware (controller etc.) of x470-F.

AlleyViper
Level 9
Long_Y0!, with Advanced>AMD fTPM configuration forced to Firmware, if the dedicated Advanced>Trusted Computing menu is still present on most recent bios, you can then disable security options. GL

(see this timestamp on a b450M-A and 3202, probably similar to 8651)

AlleyViper
Level 9
I was only mentioning a GUI issue in the bios, which older versions such as 4204 didn't have: aio/pump headers also showing as graphs among cpu/cha1,2,3 (albeit in a initially "greyed" state). As these headers always had more limited options under the other text menu settings (no presets, p.e.), now trying to change them on the visual gui can cause the bios to lock up. It has no relation with connected fans (not using Noctuas, btw).

I guess you point to the other issue since 470-F/470-PRO release that can cause fan control to misbehave (like stopping or inverting pwm %) while the system is running, usually triggered by asus aura or monitoring apps always running which poll an asus EC that can crap out after multiple requests. I remember users mentioning bios like 4804 would alleviate that issue, other than resorting to safer apps like hwinfo which ignore the problematic EC. AFAIK only the CHVII had this problem truly solved by exposing it under another interface on later bios.

Btw, I found it easier to run 4x8GB 3200 C14 SR B-die on my 2600x under 5861 than on 4204 after adding 2 extra Flare X sticks, even if I had to resort to 2T in the end (1T+GD Off was fine for just two). At similar settings/voltages 1T+GD On passed hci memtest and karhu (but still not 100% stable daily) on the newer bios, the old 4204 would immediately error out. Still, there should be room to improve, as I only dialed primaries.
As I intend to upgrade to a ryzen 3 later, it didn't hurt to check a current bios sooner. 🙂

SumTingWong
Level 7
Hello yall, so i manage to save money to get myself a nice speedy Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB today. But the problem is my 970 EVO Plus is running on PCIE 3 x2 instead 4 report by Samsung Magician and CrystalDiskinfo! Speed read and write are in 1700ish MB/s. Anyone knows how to fix this?! I have the 970 EVO Plus install in M2_1 slot underneath cpu. And according to the manual, that slot is for pcie 3 x4 nvme drive. The 970 has no data on it.

Windows 10

ASUS ROG Strix X470-F

Ryzen 7 3700x

RX 590

4 sata drives and 1 cd/dvd sata. Total is 5 sata devices.

mixsetup
Level 7
I don't tap the key over and over I just hold it down as it boots andd it goes to bios

The_cloak_0
Level 7
How good is default this MBO M.2 cooler when compared to Bequiet MC1? It can't be removed? Does it come with thermal pad? Last 30 minutes I was reading reviews but I didn't find that anyone tested M.2 temperatures.