cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

Svenn
Level 7
Are there any updated guides for BIOS settings/tweaks for this board? I've got a 2700x with it and there are a bunch of settings I just don't know what they do. I've got XMP on and my RAM timings manually tweaked. I turned on PBO. I'm looking for any other tweaks that might increase performance at all.

Svenn wrote:
Are there any updated guides for BIOS settings/tweaks for this board? I've got a 2700x with it and there are a bunch of settings I just don't know what they do. I've got XMP on and my RAM timings manually tweaked. I turned on PBO. I'm looking for any other tweaks that might increase performance at all.

Enable pbo in AI tweaker menu and advanced options, set pbo limits at motherboard., on digi+vrm set CPU LLC on level 3, and current capability on 110 or 120%, remember get a decent cpu spreader.

New beta bios out
Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.6b
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING-ASUS-6023.ZIP

Anyone tried already ?

Long_Y0_
Level 10
Hello, if you have BIOS 5854, 5861 or 6023 - could you please try to change the TPM setting in BIOS from "firmware TPM" to "discrete TPM", save changes and after reboot go to BIOS and check if that setting is kept (saved) or does it switch back to "firmware TPM"?
Thank you!

Long_Y0! wrote:
Hello, if you have BIOS 5854, 5861 or 6023 - could you please try to change the TPM setting in BIOS from "firmware TPM" to "discrete TPM", save changes and after reboot go to BIOS and check if that setting is kept (saved) or does it switch back to "firmware TPM"?
Thank you!

Discrete tpm setting will only set of you have a third party tpm installed on the tpm header.

MadGoat wrote:
Discrete tpm setting will only set of you have a third party tpm installed on the tpm header.

To enable TPM you either set it to "firmware TPM" (since it's inbuilt) or you install a discrete TPM thing and then set it to "discrete TPM".
To DISABLE TPM you set it to "discrete TPM" and since you do not have any discrete TPM thingies you get TPM disabled for good.

That's how it was until ASUS released BIOS 5854 that changed the tpm setting in BIOS to "firmware TPM" by default. But if I want to disable inbuilt TPM - what, I cannot do it anymore? I contacted ASUS support and they told me that I should still be able to set it to "discrete TPM" and it disables TPM and since I cannot do it - I should send my motherboard to a service center to repair it somehow.

But if I'm not the only one with this "undisablable TPM" issue - I can ask them to watch this thread and see that it's not my hardware issue but rather their software issue. That's why I'm asking everyone who has BIOS 5854 and newer to try to disable TPM by setting it to "discrete TPM", then save & reboot and check if it stays disabled or it switches back to "firmware TPM" and always re-enables itself. I would really appreciate it!

The_cloak_0
Level 7
I have this board with R5 1600 on BIOS 4207, Win 10. From my previous experiance on this thread this was supposed to be best BIOS for my CPU and someone also told before not to update it unless you buy a newer CPU. I am planning to buy a WD SN570 m.2 SSD. Will it work like plug and play or do I need to update BIOS?

The_cloak_0 wrote:
I have this board with R5 1600 on BIOS 4207, Win 10. From my previous experiance on this thread this was supposed to be best BIOS for my CPU and someone also told before not to update it unless you buy a newer CPU. I am planning to buy a WD SN570 m.2 SSD. Will it work like plug and play or do I need to update BIOS?

Still need answer to this...

The_cloak_0 wrote:
Still need answer to this...

You don't need to update the BIOS if it works for you, about the M.2 it should just work (Plug & Play) same as before you don't need to update it.

eXeToR wrote:
You don't need to update the BIOS if it works for you, about the M.2 it should just work (Plug & Play) same as before you don't need to update it.

That what I needed to hear! Thank you 😄