cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

timiman wrote:
First inspect if the dimm slots and the cpu socket have any stuck dust particles on them. Just a quick blow should be fine.
Then, If the dimms are working on another mobo or cpu, then the issue should be a hardware failure either on some motherboard's dimm slots or the cpu itself (its integrated memory controller).
You have to make some tests with different hardware, so you can reach to the faulty one(s).
Last but not least, sometimes in case of a hardware failure, you are left to run only on slow memory speeds (ex. 2133MHz).
Try that with 2 ram sticks.
Good luck.

everything works fine with 3400g on same mobo and ram, everything is clear in socket and dimm slots. il try 2133 MHz ty

Aeratiel wrote:
everything works fine with 3400g on same mobo and ram, everything is clear in socket and dimm slots. il try 2133 MHz ty

So, possibly it's a CPU issue or the ram needs looser timings in BIOS to work with the new CPU.
Another test is to set Single Channel through BIOS, rather Dual Channel.

timiman wrote:
So, possibly it's a CPU issue or the ram needs looser timings in BIOS to work with the new CPU.
Another test is to set Single Channel through BIOS, rather Dual Channel.

i messaged asus they say same thing try to set all manual and increase voltage. messaged amd for rma.. i tried 2133 mhz with 1.35 volts tried in other slots tried manual settings, it doesn't work with 2 sticks.. shop where i bought it doesn't have test pc lol and they gave it me back so i would rma it straight to amd, amd support made me take photo of cpu in socket and piece of paper with ticket number (LOL), now waiting for replay from them.

i i would understand if have some ****ty ram or mb, but its 3200 cl14 b-die, which easily takes 3600 with tight timing even with r5 2600. And second ram kit doesn't work same way.

Aeratiel wrote:
i messaged asus they say same thing try to set all manual and increase voltage. messaged amd for rma.. i tried 2133 mhz with 1.35 volts tried in other slots tried manual settings, it doesn't work with 2 sticks.. shop where i bought it doesn't have test pc lol and they gave it me back so i would rma it straight to amd, amd support made me take photo of cpu in socket and piece of paper with ticket number (LOL), now waiting for replay from them.

i i would understand if have some ****ty ram or mb, but its 3200 cl14 b-die, which easily takes 3600 with tight timing even with r5 2600. And second ram kit doesn't work same way.

Hi, any updates on this? did AMD reply to you? keep us updated, please.

fujiyama-95
Level 7
I've been having audio issues lately, audio is cutting in and out during playing games, and my mic will stop transmitting in Discord until I restart Discord. Can anybody please help me out here? I have all of the latest driver versions installed. I believe it may have something to do with the Audio Driver? Please help.

fujiyama-95 wrote:
I've been having audio issues lately, audio is cutting in and out during playing games, and my mic will stop transmitting in Discord until I restart Discord. Can anybody please help me out here? I have all of the latest driver versions installed. I believe it may have something to do with the Audio Driver? Please help.

Try the audio drivers i've mentioned here.

fujiyama-95 wrote:

Idk why my reply got lost, but me and my brother got same issue
You have Logitech software installed ?
There are 2 version of that software the old and the new one, the new one cause the issue just uninstall it and install the older version
Â*

Leeta
Level 7
Does BCLK overclocking on x470-f still disable boost/PBO?

Speed3Hunter
Level 7
How to update now our BIOS ?

I don't see anymore a section for the BIOS on the driver site page ?

Where you find them now ?

Thanks

Speed3Hunter wrote:
How to update now our BIOS ?

I don't see anymore a section for the BIOS on the driver site page ?

Where you find them now ?

Thanks

They are still there from what I see.