cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

RedSector73 wrote:
Stop playing with CPU voltages and use AUTO.

I will have an eye on the behavior with now activated auto settings

eXeToR wrote:
Maybe the SSD is dying on you, if you got it from the previous build it might be close to the end of its lifespan.

I hope you are wrong. I have two Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 built in. Both are new. Crystal Disk Info and Crystal Disk Mark resulting no errors.

schm0 wrote:
Do a windows clean install and run sfc.
It will always find errors on the first run.

That's interesting. I will test it - more clean installations will be done for sure within the next days

has anyone encountered any problems with the new BIOS version 58.61?

RedSector73 wrote:
Stop playing with CPU voltages and use AUTO.

So results are here: the freezing problem persists - No matter if I have auto settings or fixed voltage. Still seem to occur as soon as I installe 21h1 update.

jlryker wrote:
has anyone encountered any problems with the new BIOS version 58.61?

Do you ask because of having problems? Or asking whether it is save to update?

I've had the similar problem as you.

It described here :
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-to-device-deviceraidport2-was-issued/771...

Have a look at Windows events log, if you see something like "Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort2, was issued." errors, then try enabling and settting drive power save mode to DIPM:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/72971-add-ahci-link-power-management-power-options-windows.html

You need to do this each time you update chipset driver or changing a power plan.

artem_k wrote:
I've had the similar problem as you.

It described here :
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-to-device-deviceraidport2-was-issued/771...

Have a look at Windows events log, if you see something like "Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort2, was issued." errors, then try enabling and settting drive power save mode to DIPM:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/72971-add-ahci-link-power-management-power-options-windows.html

You need to do this each time you update chipset driver or changing a power plan.

Thx for the hints... But after a long painful exclusion process it looks like I found the cause of the freezing problem. It is neither CPU voltage nor Windows Update. It is the NZXT CAM software that produces the error. I will run some tests now but everything points on that program.

Edit:
Now it is clear. NZXT CAM is for sure the cause of the freezes.

Lazar1981 wrote:
Thx for the hints... But after a long painful exclusion process it looks like I found the cause of the freezing problem. It is neither CPU voltage nor Windows Update. It is the NZXT CAM software that produces the error. I will run some tests now but everything points on that program.

Edit:
Now it is clear. NZXT CAM is for sure the cause of the freezes.

NZXT CAM software has a long history of bugs that don't even apply to individual motherboards. Try using the A-RGB plugs on the board, I believe we have one at least.

hodges.joseph91 wrote:
NZXT CAM software has a long history of bugs that don't even apply to individual motherboards. Try using the A-RGB plugs on the board, I believe we have one at least.

I didn't think much about using the NZXT grid with the new build. It worked well with my old hardware. But now that it causes problems it is not of that importance to me so I took it off the system and connected the fans to Mainboard. problem solved once and for all. It was more annoying to be not sure whether I bought a defective Mainboard or memory or CPU (getting them on eBay as used items from a private seller). I am just happy that it is none of this. Just an unnecessary fan control unit. 😄

Lazar1981 wrote:

Do you ask because of having problems? Or asking whether it is save to update?

I'm certainly curious if anyone has had experience with 5861. I'm running 5851 without issue and not looking to update but just curious as notes indicate "Performance".

Anyone seeing resolution with an existing problem with 5861 or possibly increased performance in any area?

Lazar1981 wrote:
SFC scannow found errors and repaired them.

Maybe the SSD is dying on you, if you got it from the previous build it might be close to the end of its lifespan.

By the way people, BIOS 5861 forces TPM to be always on, and if you set it to "discrete" it will just switch back to "firmware" after restart.

Good job ASUS! Thank you for deciding for me how I should use my PC that I paid for!

eXeToR wrote:
You should try what I told you here.

It did not help.