cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

Barktoothx
Level 7

Barktoothx
Level 7

Filters
Level 9
I dont have any issue whit fan header, i ha water pump in pump connector plus 4 noctua in fan 2 connector plus 2 more noctua in fan 3 and 1 more in cpu conneted all configured using water temp sensor ( added by me ) as reference ( except for the cpu fan ) and work better than before. In the previous bios sometime all setup was stuck at lowest speed but now never happen so far

Interesting, can you F6 and set a curve for the pump headers? This is what locks it up for me. I can set the curve numerically from Monitor-Q fan and it seems to be working fine that way.

Sky007FR
Level 7
Beta BIOS available :

yeah saw that beta bios don't really want to use it just yet though myself

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING-ASUS...

I went to check 5821 on the site and this appeared after a refresh.

Wrote before about my OC, found sweet spot at this settings:

Now I need help with setting Ryzend DRAM calculator RAM timings in BIOS:

I have Corsair 2 x 8GB Vengeance CMK16GX4M2B3200C16. Tryed couple of days ago to put some settings in BIOS and as a result of that I needed to shorten two pins (clear RTC RAM jumper) with a screwdriver because I got black screen. After that I tryed without Ryzen Dram Calculator and I just changed in BIOS Ai overclock tuner from auto to DOCP (3200mhz).

Hci memtest - 12 windows - every window has assigned 1050mb - lowest window had 1250% coverage, highest 1580% coverage - 0 errors .

SoC voltage is on auto, it seems high? In Ryzen Master it is 1,1V, in HWiNFO64 around 1.13V.

If it works on DOCP without any problems it should also probably work with Ryzen DRAM calculator settings. To make it easy for you here are settings from BIOS that I don't know what value to enter from Ryzen DRAM calculator:

DRAM CAS# latency - tCL?
DRAM RAS# PRE time - tRP?
DRAM RAS# ACT time - tRAS?
Trcpage
Trfc2
Trfc4
MemAddrCmdSetup
MemCsOdtSetup
MemCkeSetup
MemCadBusClkDrvStren
MemCadBusAddrCmdDrvStren
MemCadBusCsOdtDrvStren