cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

[Übersicht] Ultimative AM4 UEFI/BIOS/AGESA Übersicht
There's a new BIOS version available for our board, it's not yet on its official support page but it always comes later.
If someone is brave enough to try it - let's go: 5809
It's not marked as "beta" on that 3rd party site.

P.S. I got extremely bored so I flashed it. Nothing special thus far.

Long_Y0! wrote:
[Ãœbersicht] Ultimative AM4 UEFI/BIOS/AGESA Ãœbersicht
There's a new BIOS version available for our board, it's not yet on its official support page but it always comes later.
If someone is brave enough to try it - let's go: 5809
It's not marked as "beta" on that 3rd party site.

P.S. I got extremely bored so I flashed it. Nothing special thus far.

Thats a good sign... means they will pushing out official updates for this board. If we get the options the 500's boards have(5000 CPU support, Curve Optimizer, SAM) then I'll be very happy. Only thing we wont have is PCI-E 4.0, M.2 Gen 4, and USB 3.2 Gen2... not deal breaker in my book.

Mr. Sunshine wrote:
Thats a good sign... means they will pushing out official updates for this board. If we get the options the 500's boards have(5000 CPU support, Curve Optimizer, SAM) then I'll be very happy. Only thing we wont have is PCI-E 4.0, M.2 Gen 4, and USB 3.2 Gen2... not deal breaker in my book.

We already have curve optimizer

Rohnlex
Level 7
5809 officialy released:

ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING BIOS 5809
"1.New CPU support
2.Offer a Re-size BAR Support option to enhance GPU performance.
3. Remove AMD 7th Gen A-series/ Athlon X4 Processors support"

what's the second point ? SAM ?

Faster
Level 8
the new bios works perfectly well!

@4.7Ghz 1.25v 24/7

Alex0915
Level 7
This board has legs thanks to this new BIOS. In the end it may turn out to be the best ASUS has made to date because of all these BIOS updates! I hope we keep getting updates to new CPU for the next 5 years at least.

Why is FSB 100 MHz there, and I still have only 99.8 MHz?
Is it because they disabled Spread Spectrum for Ryzen 5000 exclusively?
Because last time I checked there was no option to disable it unless you have a Crosshair VI/VII/VIII motherboard...

Mr. Sunshine wrote:
Thats a good sign... means they will pushing out official updates for this board

Well I think they should, this board was like the second most expensive one among their X470 boards if I'm remembering it correctly, and it was really weird that some of the less expensive ones got BIOS updates faster than our one did.

Alex0915 wrote:
I hope we keep getting updates to new CPU for the next 5 years at least.

It's up to AMD first. I mean if AMD releases new AGESAs for their old products when they switch from AM4 to a different socket - we might expect some updates. But looking how AMD and all the vendors are trying to push their newer B550/X570 chipsets - I kind of doubt they will still remember about X470, AMD wanted to bury it at all but all that community indignation made AMD change their mind about X470, but look at X370 - even those who bought top-tier really expensive motherboards are left behind, although it's pretty much the same hardware and there's no way it differs so much that it cannot support Ryzen 5000. But AMD and the vendors want more profit so they're making those who bought B350/X370 motherboards buy newer motherboards.

jowdyboy
Level 8
Looks like they released "5809" today, boys! Officially out of "BETA" status! Aww yeah!

I'll try it this weekend on my 2700X build and post results.

jowdyboy wrote:
Looks like they released "5809" today, boys! Officially out of "BETA" status! Aww yeah!

I'll try it this weekend on my 2700X build and post results.

link?