cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

DMAN999 wrote:
Look here:
https://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/1542/am4-beta-bios-thread-series
The F60c is a Beta BIOs as stated on their Official Forum.

Look Here for MSI:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/msi-x570-b550-beta-bios-update-bug-status.348919/

And I'm 99% sure that the current Asrock BIOS are Beta versions is well, they just didn't list them as Beta on their sites.
And I definitely trust the writer at Anandtech's info, that he says he got from Asrock, than your opinion.

So hate on Asus if you want, BUT all these MB manufacturers released Beta BIOS version as well.

This makes me feel better for not having installed this latest Beta BIOS with my 2700X. Sounds like I'd ****ing make my CPU incompatible, which is a shame.

Honestly, **** these MB manufacturers for not listing the exact CPU compatibility with these new updates.

Faster wrote:
I upgraded to this bios, i'm using the 3700x and my system is working fine. Also worth noting my ram went from 3866 to 4000 (16-16-16-32) It wouldn't even post at 4000 with the older bios (3603), no instabilities so far.

Are you able to maintain a 1:1 fclock ratio though?

timiman wrote:
As I've said, this is my personal opinion, based on my experience with the Strix X470-F Gaming.
You can search this forum and find some of them.
I've stumble upon 2 major issues during the last 2 years with this mobo, having testing all the BIOS revisions that were published.
a. major fan issue, when randomly all fans connected to mobo, not following fan settings set on BIOS and either turning on full speed or stop turning at all !
b. after WoL wake-up CPU not throttling down and/or unable to complete a full power on/off cycle without power down system from case's button
c. mobo exposure different sensors in every published BIOS version, so missing some -like PCH Temp- every other BIOS version

Fan issue was not present only in BIOS 4804 -which I'm using now, but has issue b.
All issues have been reported to Asus support without any viral solution provided.
And I have to say that "RMA the mobo" is not a solution, when each BIOS version is randomly changing the mobo stability.

Closing, I have to say -again- that "Ryzen 5000" needs a stable, 100% "Ryzen 5000"-goodies supported mobo to start with.
I'm using Asus motherboards almost 20 years (I'm respecting my A7V), but I doubt that Asus can deliver that, judging the last 2 years.

Hi, what is issue b) WoL? I have hybrid sleep set on after 2 hours of inactivity, is this something I shouldn't be doing? I also set a registry setting to go back to hybrid sleep if my computer wakes up accidentally and idles again after 2 minutes. Is hybrid sleep bad for memory/RAM or samsung nvme ssd? What about regular sleep or hibernate? I set up hybrid sleep because I have a UPS and turn everything off from there once every night. I now have build 2004 of W10 and everything seems to be working fine so far but I just did my power settings for the first time today.

Alex0915 wrote:
Hi, what is issue b) WoL? I have hybrid sleep set on after 2 hours of inactivity, is this something I shouldn't be doing? I also set a registry setting to go back to hybrid sleep if my computer wakes up accidentally and idles again after 2 minutes. Is hybrid sleep bad for memory/RAM or samsung nvme ssd? What about regular sleep or hibernate? I set up hybrid sleep because I have a UPS and turn everything off from there once every night. I now have build 2004 of W10 and everything seems to be working fine so far but I just did my power settings for the first time today.

The scenario I was unable to find a solution for, was:
1. Power on system via case's button
2. Press case's power button once, to let the system sleep
3. Send remotely a Wake-on-LAN command (BIOS and network settings are already setup to support that) to wake up the system
4. After system has woken up, connect to it via rdp/vpn etc. and after I have finish whatever job I need to, if I try to restart the system, it won't even shutdown.
Only solution to this, is to use prior BIOS version or initiate a power cycle through case's power button. Neither solution fits my needs.

timiman wrote:
The scenario I was unable to find a solution for, was:
1. Power on system via case's button
2. Press case's power button once, to let the system sleep
3. Send remotely a Wake-on-LAN command (BIOS and network settings are already setup to support that) to wake up the system
4. After system has woken up, connect to it via rdp/vpn etc. and after I have finish whatever job I need to, if I try to restart the system, it won't even shutdown.
Only solution to this, is to use prior BIOS version or initiate a power cycle through case's power button. Neither solution fits my needs.

Thanks, I had a different issue I'm trying to find a solution for. Okay so sometimes when my computer is supposed to be sleeping it will randomly wake up for no reason that I can figure out. It wouldn't go back to sleep again. But now I have added a registration entry that makes it go back to sleep 2 min after waking up instead of resetting the sleep counter again. But I'd like it not to wake up unless I move the mouse...do you think WoL is causing this and how can I get this to stop? Sometimes it happens when someone sends me a picture on facebook.

Other issue is my case fans and cpu fan and mobo LED staying on when in sleep mode? Is there some way for me to edit sleep mode for this not to happen (actually I have it set to hybrid sleep). Or do I need to switch to hibernate mode to turn all these things off? Also, would going into hibernate mode fix my PC randomly waking up in the first issue or do I need to change some settings so that it wont happen? Thanks!

BTW does sleep, hybrid sleep or hibernate cause wear or excessive writes on my Samsung NVME SSD or my RAM?

Alex0915 wrote:
Thanks, I had a different issue I'm trying to find a solution for. Okay so sometimes when my computer is supposed to be sleeping it will randomly wake up for no reason that I can figure out. It wouldn't go back to sleep again. But now I have added a registration entry that makes it go back to sleep 2 min after waking up instead of resetting the sleep counter again. But I'd like it not to wake up unless I move the mouse...do you think WoL is causing this and how can I get this to stop? Sometimes it happens when someone sends me a picture on facebook.

Other issue is my case fans and cpu fan and mobo LED staying on when in sleep mode? Is there some way for me to edit sleep mode for this not to happen (actually I have it set to hybrid sleep). Or do I need to switch to hibernate mode to turn all these things off? Also, would going into hibernate mode fix my PC randomly waking up in the first issue or do I need to change some settings so that it wont happen? Thanks!

BTW does sleep, hybrid sleep or hibernate cause wear or excessive writes on my Samsung NVME SSD or my RAM?

Just a quick hint to find out which device last woke your system up. Use powercfg /lastwake in the command-line just after your system has waken up and before any shutdown/restart occur.

timiman wrote:
Just a quick hint to find out which device last woke your system up. Use powercfg /lastwake in the command-line just after your system has waken up and before any shutdown/restart occur.

Thanks, it seems like it's some kind of wake timer issue, even though I have wake timers disabled 😞

Alex0915
Level 7
I guess we'll find out soon enough how well the mobos handle the new chips. Is the memory limit still going to be 64 GB total even with new bios coming out for these chips on this board?

Faster
Level 8

it works perfectly!

Faster
Level 8

works perfectly well! :cool: