cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

Version 5806 Beta Version
2020/11/24 14.51 MBytes
ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING BIOS 5806

1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.8.0 for new CPU support
2. It's highly recommended not to update this beta BIOS when using AMD AM4 Socket for AMD Ryzen 3000 Series/ 2000 Series/ 1000 Series/ A-Series Desktop Processors.
3. This beta BIOS can't be reversed.

So, in other words AMD is trying to make us buy a new motherboard although we already have one with the same socket.
How so? Because it's a BETA, read what a beta means - a manufacturer does not guarantee anything will work 100% correctly, and since it will always be a BETA - no one guarantees the issues you will find will ever be solved.
Cool, isn't it? Go buy a new motherboard just to install a Zen 3 processor, and when they release a new series - you will need to buy another new motherboard to install it.

Long_Y0! wrote:
Version 5806 Beta Version
2020/11/24 14.51 MBytes
ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING BIOS 5806

1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.8.0 for new CPU support
2. It's highly recommended not to update this beta BIOS when using AMD AM4 Socket for AMD Ryzen 3000 Series/ 2000 Series/ 1000 Series/ A-Series Desktop Processors.
3. This beta BIOS can't be reversed.

So, in other words AMD is trying to make us buy a new motherboard although we already have one with the same socket.
How so? Because it's a BETA, read what a beta means - a manufacturer does not guarantee anything will work 100% correctly, and since it will always be a BETA - no one guarantees the issues you will find will ever be solved.
Cool, isn't it? Go buy a new motherboard just to install a Zen 3 processor, and when they release a new series - you will need to buy another new motherboard to install it.

So has anyone dared to test this bios?

Leeta wrote:
So has anyone dared to test this bios?

I upgraded to this bios, i'm using the 3700x and my system is working fine. Also worth noting my ram went from 3866 to 4000 (16-16-16-32) It wouldn't even post at 4000 with the older bios (3603), no instabilities so far.

Faster wrote:
I upgraded to this bios, i'm using the 3700x and my system is working fine. Also worth noting my ram went from 3866 to 4000 (16-16-16-32) It wouldn't even post at 4000 with the older bios (3603), no instabilities so far.

Are you planning on getting a 5xxx series CPU?

Looks like I jumped into conclusions and it's not AMD but ASUS that sucks.
Gigabyte and AsRock released their ComboAM4v2 1.1.0.0 (Ryzen 5000 compatible) BIOSes as just the release versions, not as beta versions. And for now it's only ASUS that released Ryzen 5000-compatible BIOS as just beta, saying "we don't guarantee anything will work, use it at your own risk".
Thank you ASUS for an excellent user support, looks like it's my last ASUS-made motherboard.

Long_Y0! wrote:
Gigabyte and AsRock released their ComboAM4v2 1.1.0.0 (Ryzen 5000 compatible) BIOSes as just the release versions, not as beta versions. And for now it's only ASUS that released Ryzen 5000-compatible BIOS as just beta, saying "we don't guarantee anything will work, use it at your own risk".
Thank you ASUS for an excellent user support, looks like it's my last ASUS-made motherboard.

Is there any way to complain about it and ask them when they plan to make it non beta?

Alex0915 wrote:
Is there any way to complain about it and ask them when they plan to make it non beta?

May be if hundreds of buyers complained about it to their Support - ASUS would change something.
But I highly doubt there's "hundreds of displeased ASUS motherboards buyers" that are willing to send complaints, I'm sure the majority of them don't even see the problem, and the rest are lazy enough not to say anything.
And without many complaints it will stay their official policy. As you remember, AMD wanted to screw all X470 users but they complained much so AMD changed their mind, may be ASUS would also do it, to know for sure people should team up and send the complaints to ASUS first.

Personally I'm waiting for what MSI will do and if they release non-beta BIOSes - I will tell something to ASUS' Support and may be also on reddit.

Long_Y0! wrote:

AsRocks BIOS is also a Beta:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/16260/asrock-first-for-b450-ryzen-5000-support-beta-bioses-now-availa...
And so is Gigabyte's:
https://www.hardwaretimes.com/gigabyte-releases-beta-bios-for-b450-boards-supporting-ryzen-5000-cpus...
And so is MSI's:
https://www.vortez.net/news_story/msi_releases_beta_bios_for_amd_500_series_motherboards_to_support_...

These BIOS versions were supposed to be released in January 2021 according to AMD.
And I'm sure there will be future BIOS updates for the Ryzen 5000 CPUs that are Not a Beta version.
So you just need to be patient.

Long_Y0! wrote:
It's only an opinion of the news articles' authors that it's a beta version, it doesn't say anything about "beta" on the official websites:
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20B450%20Gaming%20K4/#BIOS
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450M-PRO-VDH-MAX
So it's not a beta for AsRock, Gigabyte and MSI, but it is for ASUS.

Look here:
https://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/1542/am4-beta-bios-thread-series
The F60c is a Beta BIOs as stated on their Official Forum.

Look Here for MSI:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/msi-x570-b550-beta-bios-update-bug-status.348919/
AMD 400 AMD ComboAM4v2PI 1.1.0.0 first hand BIOS will be uploaded to MSI product website as soon as it is ready!!
11/27
- B450M PRO-VDH MAX E7A38AMS.BA0
- B450I GAMING PLUS MAX WIFI E7A40AMS.B30
- B450M-A PRO MAX E7C52AMS.390

And I'm 99% sure that the current Asrock BIOS are Beta versions is well, they just didn't list them as Beta on their sites.
And I definitely trust the writer at Anandtech's info, that he says he got from Asrock, than your opinion.
Today, ASRock Is claiming that it has first revision beta BIOS firmware for its B450 series ready to go. These firmware packages should enable support for Ryzen 5000 processors on the respective B450 motherboards. Users should note that upgrading most of these motherboards requires a currently supported processor, unless the motherboard supports any sort of non-powered BIOS update function. These firmware packages are also expected to keep support for Ryzen 3000 processors as well, but not Ryzen 2000 or Ryzen 1000.

So hate on Asus if you want, BUT all these MB manufacturers released Beta BIOS version as well.