cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

Rockford wrote:
i would like to tell users to be very restrictive installing modified bios version from unknown sources!

If just Asus could release a good bios for this "premium" board, people would not need to resort to modified bios.

Retired
Not applicable
Sarronco wrote:
If just Asus could release a good bios for this "premium" board, people would not need to resort to modified bios.

yes i agree, its a total failure from Asus side with the AM4 platform bios updates

Hello everyone.
Recently I wanted to use the suspend/sleep mode (suspend to ram) instead of turning off the machine but the system wakes up without touching the peripherals. The self-wake up happens at unpredictable times, like right after the command or 30 minutes later. The problem happens both with window10 and with ubuntu linux, so I thought that the problem may be a particular option in the MB bios. I tried to search for "wake up" keywords but without success.
Any suggestion?

Ziltoid wrote:
Hello everyone.
Recently I wanted to use the suspend/sleep mode (suspend to ram) instead of turning off the machine but the system wakes up without touching the peripherals. The self-wake up happens at unpredictable times, like right after the command or 30 minutes later. The problem happens both with window10 and with ubuntu linux, so I thought that the problem may be a particular option in the MB bios. I tried to search for "wake up" keywords but without success.
Any suggestion?

Next time your system wakes up without a reason, try to use "powercfg -lastwake" from the cmd-line to view the event-reason.

Today, for the first time and w/ BIOS 5406, all fans decided to stop turning, ignoring custom fans curves set up in BIOS !
This is getting ridiculous and support here in Greece insists to use only Asus Suite III or return the motherboard for RMA !
I really want to know your country's Asus support replies for BIOS issues to determine if the problem is only Asus Greece support department or a global one.

Retired
Not applicable
no i did not say anything about trcdwr/trcdrd, since most of the timings can be left on auto for best result

i have not tried that calculator, but it seem to work for many users

and if your system is stable and perform well with the calculator settings there is little reason to change the settings

what i am saying is that the motherboard is fully capable of setting most of the timings without manual adjustment @3200mhz

Rockford wrote:
no i did not say anything about trcdwr/trcdrd, since most of the timings can be left on auto for best result

i have not tried that calculator, but it seem to work for many users

and if your system is stable and perform well with the calculator settings there is little reason to change the settings

what i am saying is that the motherboard is fully capable of setting most of the timings without manual adjustment @3200mhz

Right, I appreciate the help. This is something that tons of users experience with this mobo/ram/cpu combo. I am not sure what you think was so off about them as you would not elaborate. The tCWL and tCL were both at 16 in the image I posted from the DRAM calculator, which is why your reply was confusing to me.

This motherboard likes to set the tRC super high when using auto settings, I am aware of the motherboards ability to auto select timings, but as stated I have not been able to achieve much stability. D. O. C. P fails, and when using the settings/method you suggested it will not post at 3200mhz, most is 3000mhz and its not stable as it had ram issues (beep codes) before turning on after work today (which required unplugging psu and holding power button in order to boot again).

I then lowered the voltage and removed the tRC of 58 that I had manually set and it boots, but shows a tRC of 70 now - plus I doubt that it gained any sort of stability.

Honestly looking for another user with a similar setup that has gone through the same struggles as I am.

Retired
Not applicable
>> The tCWL and tCL were both at 16 in the image I posted from the DRAM calculator, which is why your reply was confusing to me

SumTingWong
Level 7
Hello

X470F BIOS 5406 AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.4 patch B safe to upgrade? Anyone has any issue with this latest bios on x470f?

SumTingWong wrote:
Hello

X470F BIOS 5406 AM4 combo PI 1.0.0.4 patch B safe to upgrade? Anyone has any issue with this latest bios on x470f?

No issues on my end, been using since release and actually able to tighten up ram a tad more:cool:
AMD 2700X, Asus ROG Strix X470-F, G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 (16gbx2), XFX RX 580, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair 750D, SeaSonic 860W, OCZ RD400, Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb, Intel 520 120Gb SSD

SumTingWong wrote:
Hello

I unfortunately have problems with the agesa. My pc won't boot at all and I get the dram led if the ram is 3600 MHz though 3200 MHz it runs fine. I had to revert back to 1.0.0.3 abba and then it accepted my ram without any problems.

The ram is on the qvl list.