cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

rimnaz
Level 7
Updated to 5220 from 5216 bios 3 hours ago. So far it's pretty stable, no problems whatsoever. My 3700x boost increased from 4351 to 4391mhz, not for all cores of course 😉
I must admit I was pretty surprised by ASUS as I was sure we'd get new agesa in mid october at best. Props to them for that quick bios release.
For those who can't see new bios on official page, you are probably looking at US version of it. For some reason it's always slower than EU.

@Shamino, I am sorry for triggering you like this, but I see this issue ignored a lot and there is no other forum/place I can ask this, so using this thread dedicated to X470-F board, looks like good place.

I am not the only one experiencing BLCK 99.8 MHz, but there are no options in BIOS to disable CPU Spread Spectrum.
Manually setting it on 100 is not solving the issue, nor do we have an option for decimal settings for BCLK.
Setting it up on 101 disables boost behavior on 3000 series, but at least we have 101 Bus Clock speed.

We would all appreciate if you can please look into this or give us any advice on how to solve it, please?

Thank you in advance.

Crowzer
Level 7
For instance, my 3800X clocks with ABB and ABBA.
Left HWInfo64 for hours with everydays task as gaming and browsing.

https://i.imgur.com/9ci7YTP.jpg

Plan3tCrack3r
Level 8
I've searched everywhere and can't find the answer. Are Performance Enhancer levels 3 and 4, PE3 and PE4, now gone from this board? I haven't seen them since at least Zen2 BIOSes started appearing and I stayed current with such BIOS versions and corresponding chipset updates even though sticking with 2700X.

I like that PBO finally appears in one place only in the latest BIOS 5220, on the tweaker page with all OC settings.

Edit: AMD CBS is still in Advance section. I was thinking the same PBO menu as in tweaker was there, but they are not the same. M1ck53's post made me doublecheck. I was looking for AMD CBS at the bottom of the Advanced menu during initial installation and thought it was gone, because I was already in that menu disabling ECC memory 😕
X470-F, 2700X, 5700 XT Nitro+, 970 EVO, LanCool 2 Mesh Performance, H115i Pro, 16GB3000C14, TT650W Gold

Plan3tCrack3r wrote:
I've searched everywhere and can't find the answer. Are Performance Enhancer levels 3 and 4, PE3 and PE4, now gone from this board? I haven't seen them since at least Zen2 BIOSes started appearing and I stayed current with such BIOS versions and corresponding chipset updates even though sticking with 2700X.

I like that PBO finally appears in one place only in the latest BIOS 5220, on the tweaker page with all OC settings.

Edit: AMD CBS is still in Advance section. I was thinking the same PBO menu as in tweaker was there, but they are not the same. M1ck53's post made me doublecheck. I was looking for AMD CBS at the bottom of the Advanced menu during initial installation and thought it was gone, because I was already in that menu disabling ECC memory 😕

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled amd chipset driver after flashing bios ?
My 3600x finally boost properly accordino to HWinfo64

Topfn
Level 10
@3X00 users:

1) Using Ryzen Balanced power plan is recommended?
2) Is 1903 noticeably better for Matisse? I read about scheduler optimization some time ago.

Will do a clean OS install and I'm torn between 1809 or 1903...
THX 🙂

Topfn wrote:
@3X00 users:

1) Using Ryzen Balanced power plan is recommended?
2) Is 1903 noticeably better for Matisse? I read about scheduler optimization some time ago.

Will do a clean OS install and I'm torn between 1809 or 1903...
THX 🙂

1903 is the recommended Windows 10 build for Matisse. Not quite sure how you can be torn when 1809 is old and not the best build of Windows 10 regardless of CPU.

But yes, 1903 is what you should be using. 1909 is out soon too, but that update will be applied to 1903 in a similar fashion as a service pack. Which is also meant to have further scheduler optimizations.

Topfn wrote:

If you have an RTX 2080ti and use it to play @ 1080p (i.e. with no GPU bottleneck) - then you MIGHT get A BIT more fps in a couple of games.
As for the professional tasks - I really doubt 1-2 seconds more on 1809 when encoding something is gonna make a huge difference for you.
Windows 10 May 2019 Update 1903 Gaming Performance Tested in 21 Titles, with RTX 2080 Ti and Radeon ...

On the other hand, 1809 LTSC is more suitable for those who:
1) Want to remove telemetry (non-LTSC versions allow to remove less of it).
2) Want not to get faulty updates which all of non-LTSC versions are very famous for.

Topfn
Level 10
I actually was on (early) 1903 with my zen+, but ntoskrnl latency issues drove me back to 1809.

Yeah, let's just hope that 1909 will be good.

Topfn wrote:
I actually was on (early) 1903 with my zen+, but ntoskrnl latency issues drove me back to 1809.

Yeah, let's just hope that 1909 will be good.

ntoskrnl issue has been fixed I believe