cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

Alex0915
Level 7
So for 2700x stay with 4207? And what 3xxx series processor would actually be a worthwhile upgrade for this board (in terms of notable performance increases.) Perhaps just wait for the 16 core processor to come out?

Crowzer
Level 7
At the beginning, I was able to reach 4.3Ghz on all cores with my Ryzen 2700X but with Performance Enchancer lvl 4. But with the last BIOS, it makes my Ryzen 2700X crippled.

Filters
Level 9
still nothing update for us ...

SumTingWong
Level 7
Hello

I just got this board last week

1) Can ASUS ROG Strix X470F handle Ryzen 7 3700x?

2) Can Asus ROG Strix able to handle Ryzen 9 3900x and maybe 3950x?

3) How do you guys check ASUS ROG STRIX X470F VRM temp?

SumTingWong wrote:
Hello

I just got this board last week

1) Can ASUS ROG Strix X470F handle Ryzen 7 3700x?

2) Can Asus ROG Strix able to handle Ryzen 9 3900x and maybe 3950x?

3) How do you guys check ASUS ROG STRIX X470F VRM temp?

1) Yes
2) Yes 3900x, 3950x there should not be the problem, but looking on temperature and boost behaviour I would recommend X570

On the 3-rd question, I am not sure. Someone else can answer.
What I do know, there is hardware access to sensors - https://i.imgur.com/MBlPrDY.png

SexySale85 wrote:
1) Yes
2) Yes 3900x, 3950x there should not be the problem, but looking on temperature and boost behaviour I would recommend X570

On the 3-rd question, I am not sure. Someone else can answer.
What I do know, there is hardware access to sensors - https://i.imgur.com/MBlPrDY.png

Thanks, but how do i setup this sensor?

SumTingWong wrote:
Thanks, but how do i setup this sensor?

Did u connect something to that ? You need a 2 pin thermal sensor to read something to connect.
If yes you can see the temp in HWinfo, i use for example a water temperatur sensor for my water loop

SumTingWong
1) What do you mean by "handle"? A regular load should not really heat anything, LinX is not a regular load at all. 3700X without manual OC, without Linx-like load should be OK on almost any board, and although ours is decent at best when it comes to VRM, it should be able to handle it, unless there's no airflow in your case at all.
2) Look #1. Under "usual" circumstances (regular home/office usage) I doubt 3900X can load VRM much enough for it to overheat, the only complication might be that older fewer-phase VRMs may not be optimal in terms of voltage quality/stability, that's why if you really care about VRM quality - go for top-tier motherboards like Crosshair or AsRock Taichi. Personally I didn't buy the Taichi only because I heard of its bad RAM OC, in the end jokes on me - X470-F can't even start when I set my 2 B-die-based sticks to 3466 MHz (1usmus dram calc - Safe preset), so I feel like a complete fool.
3) Without a custom thermal sensor manually placed somewhere in the VRM area you can not check its temp, and I doubt anybody cares about it, it works somehow and that's it. If you care about such things - better buy a Crosshair VI at least, it's better than our sh... in every possible way, personally I would not recommend anybody to buy X470-F, because RAM OC is horrible (with the best-overclocking B-die sticks!!!) with it, because BIOS updates are 1-1.5 months late for us, basically there's nothing good about this motherboard, and after you check out its price you should keep away from it, it is not worth the price.

thomson1969 wrote:
Hi,
There is a new bios(5220) out for ROG Strix X470-F Gaming.
According to hardwareluxx it is AGESA ComboAM4 1.0.0.3ABBA
https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/ultimative-am4-uefi-bios-agesa-ubersicht-20-09-19-a-122890...

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING-ASUS...

Thank you man!

I have just screamed in my office at work!!! :D:D:D
Can someone verify this?

I will when a go home in 6 hours :mad: