cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
554 Views
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

schmak wrote:
3200 C14 and 3600 C16 run about the same for performance on Zen+ and Zen 2. So far most of the tweaking I have seen shows similar synthetic scores with the two at stock, but the 3200 C14 Samsung B die's have a bit more headroom for OCing if you lower the CAS latency.


I'd leave though at the XMP/DOCP profile settings until the new Ram Calculator comes out later this week.


For my tests, with actual loads that I give this computer, my current 3600 settings are a 5-12% faster.
What is worth noting though is that for some reason, if I manually set 3200MHz the IF will be 1:1 at 1600MHz and so will the UCLK, so 1:1:1. BUT! If I only change to DDR-3600, IF will change to a 1:2 and this will also affect the UCLK, ending with 1800:900:900 for the MCLK:FCLK:UCLK. I have to manually set FCLK to 1800MHz in order to keep 1:1:1 (and it's much better performance wise, MUCH better!!)

Topfn wrote:
@JobCampbell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vQwGGbW1AE


Mmm, interesting!

JobCampbell wrote:
For my tests, with actual loads that I give this computer, my current 3600 settings are a 5-12% faster.
What is worth noting though is that for some reason, if I manually set 3200MHz the IF will be 1:1 at 1600MHz and so will the UCLK, so 1:1:1. BUT! If I only change to DDR-3600, IF will change to a 1:2 and this will also affect the UCLK, ending with 1800:900:900 for the MCLK:FCLK:UCLK. I have to manually set FCLK to 1800MHz in order to keep 1:1:1 (and it's much better performance wise, MUCH better!!)



Mmm, interesting!



I am assuming that's Zen2 since you are ensuring your infinity fabric speed is the same. I'm looking forward to testing this out too once my 3900x gets here. For the 2700x I have I know it's not any real difference, all within MoE in synthetics, but I was highly curious if it rang true still with Zen 2 or if frequency trumps latency with the IF. Looks like you are saying it does. Once I get it in I'll run several synthetics on both to test out. Hopefully, by the time it arrives there will be a new stable AGESA and bios from Asus. Hopefully I'll get the same results as you, although it doesn't help me since I already bought the expensive RAM, it will help everyone else as 3600 C16 is cheaper than 3200 C14, but its all dropping like rocks right now anyway.

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I am using Asus Strix X470-F Gaming and it is pretty good 🙂

hi, new to forum too, kinda having "good" experience with this board, i can oc my ram to 3400mhz at 16-18-18-36, at 1.35v, with everything else at auto, didn't have any problem trying to do so, using corsair CMK32GX4M2E3200C16, x2 sticks of 16gb, my problem is with oc, can boost to 4.4ghz 2 cores, all cores to 4.2ghz gaming, and benchmarks to 4.1ghz all cores, i tried to manual oc all cores to 4.3ghz since saw a lot of ppl doing it, can boot to bios with 1.3625v but windows almost insta crash, if i go to 4.2ghz same voltage can boot to windows, but if i try to benchmark, hwinfo says my voltages are at 1.08v and under load 1.1v, don't know if it is a bug or something, same with cpuz, ryzen master, all 3 says that is the voltage, (tried one at a time), with pbo it shows 1.35v at full load when everything is at auto, so i don't know if is just something broken on bios or chipset, also i don't feel it that stable even when i can benchmark, i got similar results as just everything on auto, temps are the same so i don't know, saw all others boards got updates but not us =(.
Forgot to add i'm using a 3700x

schmak wrote:
I am assuming that's Zen2 since you are ensuring your infinity fabric speed is the same. I'm looking forward to testing this out too once my 3900x gets here. For the 2700x I have I know it's not any real difference, all within MoE in synthetics, but I was highly curious if it rang true still with Zen 2 or if frequency trumps latency with the IF. Looks like you are saying it does. Once I get it in I'll run several synthetics on both to test out. Hopefully, by the time it arrives there will be a new stable AGESA and bios from Asus. Hopefully I'll get the same results as you, although it doesn't help me since I already bought the expensive RAM, it will help everyone else as 3600 C16 is cheaper than 3200 C14, but its all dropping like rocks right now anyway.


Yes, I'm running a 3900X with it.

JobCampbell wrote:
What does it imply if it is daisy chain or not?




These are Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, 3200Mhz C14, 4x 8GB. I bought them prior to knowing Ryzen was best at 3600MHz though, I probably would've gone for the 3600MHz C16 model instead (although I proved myself to have made the right decision!)

What I did was just try DOCP and since it didn't work, I wrote down all values that it changed (you see them prior to exiting) and set them manually.
It booted perfectly fine and passed Prime95 for 3h, so decided to go and directly try the 3600 C16 model timings (I looked them up online), which were 16-18-18-36 I think. It booted up, and again, Prime95 stable. I left it there.
Then one day I was reading an article which compared scaling of the Ryzen with memory, and their best result at 3600MHz was 16-16-16-34 I think, so I just tried those in BIOS and it booted, and was Prime95 stable. Sooo... I don't know, I might be able to go even further, but I don't think I'll try. This was pure luck I think. Also I've kept the 1.35V, haven't gone any further.

And as for your other question, all other timings are Auto, yes. When you go into the timmings submenu, I think it's 16-16-16-16-34 (there's an extra 16 I think), all the rest at Auto. What really surprised me is that it automatically sets 1T instead of 2T... I was expecting 2T even at 3200Mhz, but I'm getting 3600 16-16-16-34 at 1T... Again, these might be gold memory or... just a standard Corsair kit for all I know.


Thanks for reply. Are u able to post ur score on aida64 latency on read write and copy pls.just want to result of auto 2ndary *and tertiary auto timing vs optimised timing as i doubt my ram can do 16-16-16 primary thanks in advance*

JobCampbell wrote:
What does it imply if it is daisy chain or not?




These are Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, 3200Mhz C14, 4x 8GB. I bought them prior to knowing Ryzen was best at 3600MHz though, I probably would've gone for the 3600MHz C16 model instead (although I proved myself to have made the right decision!)

What I did was just try DOCP and since it didn't work, I wrote down all values that it changed (you see them prior to exiting) and set them manually.
It booted perfectly fine and passed Prime95 for 3h, so decided to go and directly try the 3600 C16 model timings (I looked them up online), which were 16-18-18-36 I think. It booted up, and again, Prime95 stable. I left it there.
Then one day I was reading an article which compared scaling of the Ryzen with memory, and their best result at 3600MHz was 16-16-16-34 I think, so I just tried those in BIOS and it booted, and was Prime95 stable. Sooo... I don't know, I might be able to go even further, but I don't think I'll try. This was pure luck I think. Also I've kept the 1.35V, haven't gone any further.

And as for your other question, all other timings are Auto, yes. When you go into the timmings submenu, I think it's 16-16-16-16-34 (there's an extra 16 I think), all the rest at Auto. What really surprised me is that it automatically sets 1T instead of 2T... I was expecting 2T even at 3200Mhz, but I'm getting 3600 16-16-16-34 at 1T... Again, these might be gold memory or... just a standard Corsair kit for all I know.


Do you think you'd get similar results with a 2x16 GB 32GB kit or do those run slower?

Hmm this is wierd...i just noticed that the bios is not see my nvme ssd but my windows is on it and i see it in the boot list.The bios shows that the two nvme slots are empty.If anybody have an idea what is goning on pls write it. 😄

Coros wrote:
Hmm this is wierd...i just noticed that the bios is not see my nvme ssd but my windows is on it and i see it in the boot list.The bios shows that the two nvme slots are empty.If anybody have an idea what is goning on pls write it. 😄


Check in Boot order list, you should see it there at least.

Mercenarie wrote:
Check in Boot order list, you should see it there at least.


It's there so no problem at all and the nvme is my OS ssd.The wierd is that the mobo is not listing it in the m1 slot.