cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

erenbey92 wrote:
I have a issue. I'm running My CPU 2700x 4.1 Ghz for 1.24 manual voltage. But Under load during testing (AIDA64, Prime95) my monitor shutdown and black screen.
Later orange led light on my motherboard and white blinking my GPU. Is that motherboard issue or low voltage issue?

My ram's 16GB GSkill CL14 GTRZX. I try D.O.C.P (13.5 DRAM voltage) and stock settings 2133 Mhz but the problem continued. Monitor have Displayport, PSU 650+80 Seasonic Focus GOLD. Bios 4602

edit; Sorry for my english

increase cpu voltage by using LLC or maybe use Offset mode instead off manual cpu voltage.
Test with 1.35 SVI2 TFN CPU core voltage. If that fixes it then you simply needed more votlage, and then test how low you can go.

Alcolawl wrote:
This isn't really an issue of the motherboard and has more to do with the CPU. Yes, this motherboard compared to others I've used on this platform seems to assign higher voltages to the Ryzen CPUs, but the CPU will request a voltage that it determines necessary, regardless of motherboard choice. To counter the sporadic fan behavior your can either adjust the fan curve so that the fans don't ramp up until CPU temp exceeds ~50°C or so and/or you can undervolt the CPU (which I recommend you do anyways, if you haven't already). Most users, like myself, are stable with a -.1V undervolt which helps tremendously with temps.

It does it anyway even with readjusting the fan curve and all of that if you activate hibernate or sleep, something wakes the computer up even if you have all your wake timers turned off and it then loads the original default bios settings and freezes the screen. The fan noise is more annoying than the screen freeze. You have to use the power switch and do a hard restart. So I've completely stopped using hibernate and sleep and kept both off and instead just have the computer shut off automatically after a few hours of idle time.

chevy350
Level 10
Most I could do with Micron B-Dies 4x4Gb was 3200.
3400 would boot but get errors within 20 mins.
AMD 2700X, Asus ROG Strix X470-F, G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 (16gbx2), XFX RX 580, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair 750D, SeaSonic 860W, OCZ RD400, Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb, Intel 520 120Gb SSD

hello, sorry for the inconvenience, I did a bios update to the latest version 4602, and when I was updating to 75% I turned off and it stayed that way, try to do a bios reset with the ctrlc disconnecting the source and it does not start it stays in red light cpu blinking, even remove the battery and reset the bios and nothing, I would like to know if there is another way to reset the bios, since the guarantee is to send to the US and I'm from Peru, ah and probe with r5 processors 1400, r3 2200, and a r3 1200, I understand after a bios reset you need a 1st generation processor and nothing, if you had any suggestions I would appreciate it.

JH_StonS wrote:
hello, sorry for the inconvenience, I did a bios update to the latest version 4602, and when I was updating to 75% I turned off and it stayed that way, try to do a bios reset with the ctrlc disconnecting the source and it does not start it stays in red light cpu blinking, even remove the battery and reset the bios and nothing, I would like to know if there is another way to reset the bios, since the guarantee is to send to the US and I'm from Peru, ah and probe with r5 processors 1400, r3 2200, and a r3 1200, I understand after a bios reset you need a 1st generation processor and nothing, if you had any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Im not sure, x470-F has no dual bios, but if you still get in to the bios. check this
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1012219/

you could also try:
- unplug psu power
- turn of psu
- hold power button, to drain last remaining power
- remove battery, wait a few minutes to be sure, put it back
- also there is a cmos reset jumper, which you touch with e.g a screwdriver

pedrozun
Level 7
Please asus, where is the X470-f bios update for the ryzen 3000?

Retired
Not applicable
Ryzen 3000 is not officially launched yet ?

So how would the VRM on our board handle the 12 core OC?
We have 360A from the VRM, but how does this translate watt-wise?

Does anybody know if this board will be compatible with PCI-e 4.0?

Neo83 wrote:
So how would the VRM on our board handle the 12 core OC?
We have 360A from the VRM, but how does this translate watt-wise?

The x470-F is 6 + 4 phase (6 phases for cpu + 4 for soc) and does not have the best heatsinks on VRM.
It shoudl run the 12 core fine, but would not use it even you want to push it for overclocking.
Heat on the VRM cappacitors would be my first concern.

Time will tell, I would guess using the ryzen 3900x with PBO will work fine.