cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

homdax
Level 7
With the release of BIOS 4207 my G.Skill Ripjaws V Black DDR4 PC25600/3200MHz CL14 2x8GB (F4-3200C14D-16GVK) did not work on all 4 modules, after having been able to boot with all inserted. I narrowed it down to the one and same module on all combinations I tried, assuming its somehow broken.

I never achieved 3200MHz speed before, that do work now, even with 3 ram sticks (I lack the 4th). I have returned that ram stick as flawed, but it is kinda strange that a BIOS upgrade could cause this, maybe due to better check of RAM or some, I really don't know.
Using D.O.C.P 4.

Weird issue I ran into the other day.

Was on the PC using it for normal web browsing - stopped using it for about two hours. Come back and it was locked up so I did a hard restart.

Won't boot into windows at all so I did a reset on the bios settings and then it did boot into windows.

Went back in and redid my settings as I had them and back to not booting into windows. Seemed odd to me as I was running the settings fine for a month now.

I run a cpu voltage negative offset of 1.000v. I put this to auto to test and it boots into windows. Went back into the bios and tested a the other negative offset options and I got it to boot using iirc -0.-87 or so. Just find it odd that I can no longer boot with a -1.0v offset where it was working fine before.

SOC voltage was 1.0v and using LLC3

Bios version is 4024 mainly because if I run the recent release I can't change my memory LED's and I also didn't notice any performance gain.

AniChatt
Level 9
Switched back to 4204. 4207 bios is faulty. Windows restart sometimes showing Kernel error, Black screen freeze even with only one hardware monitor installed etc. Previously using 4024 almost fine. Now testing 4204 bios and need to check how it works.

AniChatt wrote:
Switched back to 4204. 4207 bios is faulty. Windows restart sometimes showing Kernel error, Black screen freeze even with only one hardware monitor installed etc. Previously using 4024 almost fine. Now testing 4204 bios and need to check how it works.

Strange, no issues related to that whatsoever.... running 1803 or maybe even 1809 W10Pro.

homdax wrote:
Strange, no issues related to that whatsoever.... running 1803 or maybe even 1809 W10Pro.

May be due to 1600x setup

AniChatt wrote:
May be due to 1600x setup

Maybe, not very cunning as to the differences between what works and not in that regard. 1809 it is.

xeizo
Level 12
I've had zero problems with 4207 on X470-Pro which is the "same" mobo with only 3553 Mos-Fets instead of 3555 Mos-Fets. Running Windows 10 1809 and Insider 18312 dual boot on it.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

Does anyone use the EZ tuning thing in the UEFI or do you just do everything manually.
Had a look and it says it can increase the CPU by 8%.

mixsetup wrote:
Does anyone use the EZ tuning thing in the UEFI or do you just do everything manually.
Had a look and it says it can increase the CPU by 8%.

When I first tried to OC i used EZ, then I used manual and got better results mainly cooler operation but also faster. But in the end I settled at letting XFR2/PBO2 do it's job using offset -0.0875V on vcore. It's cool AND fast.

PBO must explicitly be turned on in the bios to work, on "automatic" it's not activated
. You can check in Ryzen Master if PBO is turned on. It's the best way to run these processors IMHO.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

xeizo wrote:
When I first tried to OC i used EZ, then I used manual and got better results mainly cooler operation but also faster. But in the end I settled at letting XFR2/PBO2 do it's job using offset -0.0875V on vcore. It's cool AND fast.

PBO must explicitly be turned on in the bios to work, on "automatic" it's not activated
. You can check in Ryzen Master if PBO is turned on. It's the best way to run these processors IMHO.

Thanks PBO is on in Ryzen Master I'll have a look at it.