cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

Exposyn wrote:
After updating to new bios, I noticed my cpu isn't auto overclocking to what it used to. I did notice they changed the XFR setting in the bios, can't set a level anymore. I wonder if that is what the issue is?

Try setting Performance Enhancer to Level 2. This sets the PBO Scalar to 10X and removes any power/current/temperature limits.

Alcolawl wrote:
Try setting Performance Enhancer to Level 2. This sets the PBO Scalar to 10X and removes any power/current/temperature limits.

Hey @Alcolawl

Do you use any LLC setting paired with PE LVL 2 and -0.1V offset?

norman_87 wrote:
Hey @Alcolawl

Do you use any LLC setting paired with PE LVL 2 and -0.1V offset?

Yeah, LLC level 3 seems to work just fine with those settings. Haven't really tried a lower level. Just set it on Level 3 and forgot about it lol.

In general the new BIOS works well, I just noticed an annoying difference from the previous one though- if you power off the computer and then shut off your UPS or power supply (cold boot) there is a weird grinding/buzzing noise on startup. It doesn't happen if you do a warm boot (keep the UPS or power supply on.) Does this mean some part is going to wear out?

Other thing I was wondering about was, are all the fans (including the CPU fan) supposed to shut down in sleep mode? I can tell my case fans and LED are all off, dont know about the CPU fan. How much power is being used in sleep mode vs hibernate? If I wanted to switch to hibernate instead can I move the hibernate file to a different hard drive?

CPU temps are at an all new low- now down to 29C! Room temp was 21C.

the lighting effects on the board it seems you can either turn them off or on in the UEFI . When I turn the computer off though the lights on the board continue.
Is there a way to have them turn off when I turn off the computer?

There is an option in the normal bios(f7 i think to change display) view to separate this , on onboard peripherals section.On normal uefi you have on and off only! Also aura has the sync on shutdown menu for that.

mixsetup wrote:
the lighting effects on the board it seems you can either turn them off or on in the UEFI . When I turn the computer off though the lights on the board continue.
Is there a way to have them turn off when I turn off the computer?

Go to BIOS Advanced Mode (not easy mode) > Advanced Tab > On board devices > There are two drop down list under lights 1. Turn of RGB when computer is on: set it on; 2. Turn on RGB in hibernate/standby: set this as off and you are good to go.
Can't remember the exact name of this setting.

AniChatt wrote:
Go to BIOS Advanced Mode (not easy mode) > Advanced Tab > On board devices > There are two drop down list under lights 1. Turn of RGB when computer is on: set it on; 2. Turn on RGB in hibernate/standby: set this as off and you are good to go.
Can't remember the exact name of this setting.

Thanks for that.

Okay so I have the new Bios version 4207

Now even if I leave everything at default settings or change a setting I get exactly the same thing happen every time.

When I enter the Bios I get a message saying Load Previous Values OK or Cancel.
It's just really annoying every time I go in to the Bios settings and as I said I can have everything at default values but next time I get the same message.

Any reason why this happens?

EEFREETH
Level 7
[As owner of this amazing MotherBoard I have to say, the Asus team are some slooooow taking for the updates of software and drivers for this model so i was asking why the last driver version of the Realtek High definition Audio are from a year ago so i was searching the latest version for SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A who as the same codec of the Prime X470 Pro, the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Version 6.0.1.8581, released 27/11/2018, so i left the link this drives dont have the Asus Ads like - Sonic Radar III - Sonic Studio III + Sonic Studio Link it's clean full driver for much better performance of the audio...

http://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/mb/realtek_nahimic_audio.zip