cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

gupsterg wrote:
Ahh, UEFI gimping :eek: 😞 . I saw this with X370 as well, that Crosshair had the most UEFI options and as you went down the tiers things disappeared.

On OCN there is a thread where UEFI modding allows options to be gained, perhaps there is UEFI for X470-F Gaming, dunno.

]

Whats OCN ? i cant find anything on google

gupsterg wrote:
Ahh, UEFI gimping :eek: 😞 . I saw this with X370 as well, that Crosshair had the most UEFI options and as you went down the tiers things disappeared.

On OCN there is a thread where UEFI modding allows options to be gained, perhaps there is UEFI for X470-F Gaming, dunno.

I found a modded bios that unlocks many features but i'm scared to brick it, i've never flashed a modded bios before and don't know what the success rate is or if its 100% safe as long as i dont cut power while flashing

gupsterg
Level 13
I was just reading a review on X470-F, it has IR3555M mosfets, ie internal temperature sensor. If still monitoring apps are not showing it I would look into contacting authors of software. Rarely they get all boards and when users help them, they help with requests 🙂 .

Rohnlex wrote:
I found a modded bios that unlocks many features but i'm scared to brick it, i've never flashed a modded bios before and don't know what the success rate is or if its 100% safe as long as i dont cut power while flashing

It seems the Strix does not support flashback, so potentially if the modded UEFI did not work/flash correctly you could be looking at bricked board. Where did you find the modded UEFI? is there experience shared there on success rate with modded UEFI?

Sorry for delayed response, at times I do not visit here regularly.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

camadas
Level 7
Guys I have one question, will the MB accpet without any problems 2 kits of https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Memory-Size/vengeance-lpx-black/p/CMK16GX4M2D3200C16 ?! for the 2700x ?!

Ty

camadas wrote:
Guys I have one question, will the MB accpet without any problems 2 kits of https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Memory-Size/vengeance-lpx-black/p/CMK16GX4M2D3200C16 ?! for the 2700x ?!

Ty

Since it's not in the QVL... maybe?

camadas wrote:

Ty

Yes that will work. The RAM doesn't have to be in the QVL as others stated as long as it follows the basic physical standards eg. DDR4 not DDR3. Just make sure you install it in slots 2/4 (further away from the CPU) not 1/3 as ASUS seems to not play well on slots 1/3.

dfg555 wrote:
Yes that will work. The RAM doesn't have to be in the QVL as others stated as long as it follows the basic physical standards eg. DDR4 not DDR3. Just make sure you install it in slots 2/4 (further away from the CPU) not 1/3 as ASUS seems to not play well on slots 1/3.

Humm thanks, but the thing is is 2 kits so AKA 32GB in total, so I will have to use all slot's in the MB for the memory

camadas wrote:
Humm thanks, but the thing is is 2 kits so AKA 32GB in total, so I will have to use all slot's in the MB for the memory

you're using all four slots with 8 gb in each?

Alex0915 wrote:
you're using all four slots with 8 gb in each?

Yep that is what I was aiming for, since they don't have the 2x16Gb at store and they know if they are going to be avaiable I did order the ones i mention, the porpuse is to have 32Gb rm so all 4 slot's will be ocupied

Since its the first time buy OC ram (and they are expensive) wanted to know if everything will go well or I would just change the order for 2666 memorys

Exposyn
Level 7
After updating to new bios, I noticed my cpu isn't auto overclocking to what it used to. I did notice they changed the XFR setting in the bios, can't set a level anymore. I wonder if that is what the issue is?