cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
460 Views
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

Flashgun wrote:
Does anyone have the Gskill 16GB F4-3000C15D-16GTZR ? The QVL shows F4-3000C15D-8GTZB, but this is a 2x4GB Kit Samsung, but it also shows F4-3000C16D-16GTZR, that is a SK Hynix. Will i be able to run at least 2933Mhz ? Or it's better to buy the 2400Mhz module that is made for ryzen (GTZRX)?



get whatever inside the QVL

Still no news about the next X470-F Strix bios ?

Crowzer wrote:
Still no news about the next X470-F Strix bios ?


Asked support about this a few days ago, and they haven't heard anything. Bit disappointing, really.

Semicuda wrote:
Asked support about this a few days ago, and they haven't heard anything. Bit disappointing, really.


Support will not tell anything regarding any future release. Even if they release a new bios in the next day.

Hi All. New to this forum but not new to Asus products. Been a long time supporter of the brand but the disappointing performance of the Asus Strix X470-F Gaming made me sign up to the forum to look for some assistance.
Here is my brand new rig:
Ryzen 2700x,
Asus Strix X470-F Gaming, G.Skill 3200 FlareX kit, EVGA 850 Supernova, NZXT Kraken x62, Thermaltake View 22 case, Samsung Evo 970 M.2, Zotac 1080ti.
Running BIOS 4011 like most of you in this forum. Windows 10 Pro.

My issue is that even though I have a Kraken X62 installed the CPU is running at, what I consider, really high temperatures slowing down the performance of the CPU. Idle temps are between 40c-50c and under gaming or benchmarking load it is between 80-90c. I've built quite a few machines over the years so I have eliminated the usual culprits of bad heat paste distribution/bad cooler. I had the same issue with the stock cooler hence the reason I bought the Kraken X62 but seeing almost the exact same temperatures.

I've played around with the features in the BIOS trying to bring down the high temps. The reason I think the temps are so high is the base voltage for the CPU, which is auto-configured, is really high. 1.45 and then boosts up to 1.55v. When in Windows I've been using the Ryzen Balanced power plan and the voltage of the CPU never goes below 1.45v even when the CPU is idle. I switched to the Windows Balanced power plan which does bring the voltage down to 0.85 but the CPU temps still quite high at 39c at idle and still very high under load at 80c.

I must be honest and say that this is my first AMD CPU for a very long time but when looking at other reviews and videos on youtube they all have decent idle and operating temperatures even when overclocking. Especially using an AIO cooler. 22-25c at idle and 50-60c under extreme load.

Does anyone here have some suggestions or should I wait for a new BIOS from Asus to see if that makes a difference? I'm concerned that if I continue to use the CPU at these temperatures it could cause some long-term damage.

gekido0 wrote:

Does anyone here have some suggestions or should I wait for a new BIOS from Asus to see if that makes a difference? I'm concerned that if I continue to use the CPU at these temperatures it could cause some long-term damage.



You can try turning off precision boost overdrive + scalar under AMD CBS -> NBIO Common Options because this will overshoot voltage. If you have those temps on stock settings there MUST be something wrong. Sounds more automatic overclocking with performance enhancer level 3-4 and pbo + scalar 10.

norman_87 wrote:
You can try turning off precision boost overdrive + scalar under AMD CBS -> NBIO Common Options because this will overshoot voltage. If you have those temps on stock settings there MUST be something wrong. Sounds more automatic overclocking with performance enhancer level 3-4 and pbo + scalar 10.


Hi Norman.

Thank you for your reply. I will have to check this again later today as I'm at work at the moment. Currently, I've loaded the optimized defaults and left everything in auto mode in the BIOS. The only change I've made after that was to set the D.O.C.P profile for my RAM to get it to 3200.

Do you have a similar setup to me and what sort of temperatures/voltages are you seeing at default BIOS settings?

gekido0 wrote:
Hi Norman.

Thank you for your reply. I will have to check this again later today as I'm at work at the moment. Currently, I've loaded the optimized defaults and left everything in auto mode in the BIOS. The only change I've made after that was to set the D.O.C.P profile for my RAM to get it to 3200.

Do you have a similar setup to me and what sort of temperatures/voltages are you seeing at default BIOS settings?


Set a overclock on your CPU and avoid all auto crap which can do anything to push the CPU to the limit with insane voltage. As long as the CPU voltage remains within 1.40 ~ 1.425v it will just work fine. Why Asus has designed auto in this way that is really hard to answer.

gekido0 wrote:
Hi Norman.

Thank you for your reply. I will have to check this again later today as I'm at work at the moment. Currently, I've loaded the optimized defaults and left everything in auto mode in the BIOS. The only change I've made after that was to set the D.O.C.P profile for my RAM to get it to 3200.

Do you have a similar setup to me and what sort of temperatures/voltages are you seeing at default BIOS settings?


Not the same setup, 2600x @4.2GHz 1.381v llc lvl 3 max temp 70.3C under full load and h115i AIO also I cannot say anything about my stock setting since pretty much everything is manually overclocked sorry.

Ok, no problem. I'll try and set the overclocking manually and see what happens.

As a matter of interest, which Windows power plan are you guys using?