cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

AniChatt wrote:
Tiphoon burner is not newbie friendly if written spd accidentally it may soft break the ram resulting bigger problem.

Yeah probably right in that case, use HWInfo,
summary info >> ram >> should show xmp profiles and recommendations

ahmad_aljallad wrote:
your memory in QVL ???? if you can just send us memory part number , if yes then go to an option that mentions an XMP profile. You have to enable that to get the OC'd RAM speeds.

hi,the parts number is PVR416G320C6K

cheehoou wrote:
hi,the parts number is PVR416G320C6K

That's not in the QVL I'm afraid... http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING-Memory...

Guys why this motherboard don't have the option "DRAM SPD WRITE"?

like that -> https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036378/

i have a RGB ram kit and i cant control the colors because of this.

pedrozun wrote:
Guys why this motherboard don't have the option "DRAM SPD WRITE"?

like that -> https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036378/

i have a RGB ram kit and i cant control the colors because of this.

I'm pretty sure it's a setting they omitted from this bios release. If I go back to 4024 my ram shows in icue but if I go to 4204 it isn't detected.

I suppose the point of my post is to see if anyone else is having similar issues with their Asus x470 system?

Acquired this x470 a week or so ago and had success in Oc'ing it (2600) to 4.1ghz with Ram at 3466mhz.
The only issue that was prevalent is that the onboard rbg controller was crashing and the driver was appearing and disappearing in the Uefi info page.
The rgb lights on the board were dropping in and out, eventually being reduced to whimpering dim flashes.
I tapped the I/O casing and the lights came back, only to shut off later, randomly on again, then off again, till it went out totally.
The rgb headers also didnt work as Aura.exe was also not showing the motherboard. My RGB RAM continued to work.
This really annoyed me for days, i was going to RMA it, after all the AURA hardware is a marketed feature, so i tried everything to bring back the onboard rgb to absolutely no avail, until, then, i realized, (with some guidance from rare users on this forum) that
the damn plug beneath the I/O case shield must be loose, to fix it, or even look at it, i would have to deconstruct the whole thing,
lift it out of the case and undo screws on the backside of the mobo to access the 10 point micro plug, beneath the LED dust shield.
So i pulled it down took it out, and lo-and-behold, the plug beneath the shield was half hanging out!
I Gently but firmly put it back in, NOT A FAULT SINCE.
Goodluck

Hi all,
I just made a new system with Ryzen 5 1600x on ASUS STRIX X470-F Gaming and Ram G.Skill RipJaws V 16GB (2X8) DDR4-3200MHz.
The Ram it's working fine with DOCP settings, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to overclock the CPU with this MB.
If I keep the auto settings on the CPU, with CPUz I see speed fluctuating from 2 to 4.1 GHz depending on the CPU load and Windows see a Ryzen 5 3.6 GHz, so everything seems fine.
But, as soon as I touch any setting related to Clock Speed, the CPU goes in OC mode but I get 2200 MHz fixed. With the CPU Queen test from AIDA64, I get 67000 with auto settings and 40000 with any OC setting. I tried to change the multiplier from 36.5 to 45 with the same result. Only windows see a faster CPU, but test scores are always the same. Even changing manually DID and FID brings the same result. The only option that should work with this CPU should be working with p-state values BUT seems that this MB doesn't allow to change them.
Searching over Internet I found that the multiplier should work with BiOS ver. 1002, so I should try to downgrade from 4018 to 1002 as this may be the the only way to OC my CPU.
Actually I'm not very happy about this MB, but may be some of you have some suggestions....

thanks
Bye

boccia77 wrote:
Hi all,
I just made a new system with Ryzen 5 1600x on ASUS STRIX X470-F Gaming and Ram G.Skill RipJaws V 16GB (2X8) DDR4-3200MHz.
The Ram it's working fine with DOCP settings, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to overclock the CPU with this MB.
If I keep the auto settings on the CPU, with CPUz I see speed fluctuating from 2 to 4.1 GHz depending on the CPU load and Windows see a Ryzen 5 3.6 GHz, so everything seems fine.
But, as soon as I touch any setting related to Clock Speed, the CPU goes in OC mode but I get 2200 MHz fixed. With the CPU Queen test from AIDA64, I get 67000 with auto settings and 40000 with any OC setting. I tried to change the multiplier from 36.5 to 45 with the same result. Only windows see a faster CPU, but test scores are always the same. Even changing manually DID and FID brings the same result. The only option that should work with this CPU should be working with p-state values BUT seems that this MB doesn't allow to change them.
Searching over Internet I found that the multiplier should work with BiOS ver. 1002, so I should try to downgrade from 4018 to 1002 as this may be the the only way to OC my CPU.
Actually I'm not very happy about this MB, but may be some of you have some suggestions....

thanks
Bye

That is I think the multiplier bug but it means you may be doing something wrong during bios oc. Just asking to know, what is your experience with overclocking and are u a new pc builder? Besides you don't need p-state oc. This option has been removed from bios in many mobo since many people are messing with this setting causing boot failure I believe.

Hey guys, first post here on the forums.

I've built my fare share of PCs, 3 X470 machines this summer counting my own rig. I'm having trouble getting my RAM to "operate" at 3200MHz. Any settings I touch involving RAM just result in failure to boot a few times, then the PC resets itself once it realizes the settings won't let it boot. It's a 3200MHz kit so I feel like this isn't asking tooo much of it and I am certain this kit is on the QVL for this board (thats why I bought this RAM). I'm here asking for suggestions.

I recently upgraded my pc with the following:

ASUS Strix X470-F Gaming Motherboard
Ryzen 5 2600X
G.Skill Trident Z 16GB (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)

Rest of my specs are as follows:

MSI RX 580 GAMING X 8GB
Kingston Hyper X 120GB SSD (boot drive)
Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 1TB
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv
Antec 750w (have to open up my pc to double check exact model)
Windows 10 Home 64bit

I have very limited experience with CPU/RAM overclocking, but I feel as though the things I have already tried aren't too crazy and should have worked.

For example I built a PC for a buddy of mine right after I built this one. X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI, RYZEN 2700X, some QVL compatable Ripjaw V 3200 DDR4.
We booted into the BIOS, switched XMP to Proflie 1, and boom it worked. 3200mhz memory, checked with CPU-Z was all running great, no stability issues whatsoever.

It's my understanding that D.O.C.P. is ASUS's spin on XMP and is basically the same thing. When I turn it on the PC just simply won't boot then resets with factory BIOS settings. Currently I have the performance enhance at Level 3 (OC), all other settings default. This is one of the few things that did work. I also flashed the bios from 4011->4018 and still have the same problems. I do feel that I gained some system stability after this update.

Can anyone provide some settings I could try, or other suggestions?

I can provide exact images from my BIOS once I start trying things. I really wan't this to work.