cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming owners thread

AniChatt
Level 9
Hello guys, I am starting this thread for all Stix X470-F owners to discuss their overclock settings, issues etc. So that everyone get help quickly in a organised way. Installed my old 1600x in this mobo with 4011 bios and flareX 3200 with default docp and it works just fine without any issues so far. One thing to mention The board pushes 1.15v soc default docp profile. Is it normal seems a bit high for me as I have upgraded from B350-F gaming.
However a small issue I believe, the asus lighting control is not behaving normal. I mean just after login to windows it is taking a bit time to start (5min) before that if I try to on Lighting Control by clicking it, program crash window appears after few seconds. But when it starts on it's own then I can open asus lighting control. Anyone experiencing similar issue???
Also tried to use older version.
2,438 REPLIES 2,438

deankenny wrote:
Cinebench scores between 1700-1800 on average depending on background tasks. I watched this for a solid 20 mins, and it never went over 4.35ghz, I reset the timers too, did not take my eyes off it, yet it still reported max as 6ghz again. Speaking to my friend today using same monitering software he said his max has shown 11ghz (11000) before.

Yeh, 1700-1800 is what you'd expect on normal stock settings, means you're getting about 4040mhz on all cores.

So yeh your reporting software is buggy. Are you using HWINFO? It looks similar, but I've never known HWINFO to have weird readings like that.

nirurin wrote:
Yeh, 1700-1800 is what you'd expect on normal stock settings, means you're getting about 4040mhz on all cores.

So yeh your reporting software is buggy. Are you using HWINFO? It looks similar, but I've never known HWINFO to have weird readings like that.

No that was using HWmonitor. It has got me worried a little.

EDIT: I have closed HWMonitor and am now using HWinfo64 instead to see if the same happens, so far an hour has passed and the max speed has been 4355mhz

i just bought a x470-f with ryzen 2700x gather,but my patriot RGB viper 3200mhz ram display at bios only 2133mhz,my bios ver.is 4008~can anyone can teach me step by step frequency from 2133 to 3200?because i reaaly noob in bios~thx~

cheehoou wrote:
i just bought a x470-f with ryzen 2700x gather,but my patriot RGB viper 3200mhz ram display at bios only 2133mhz,my bios ver.is 4008~can anyone can teach me step by step frequency from 2133 to 3200?because i reaaly noob in bios~thx~

your memory in QVL ???? if you can just send us memory part number , if yes then go to an option that mentions an XMP profile. You have to enable that to get the OC'd RAM speeds.

ahmad_aljallad wrote:
your memory in QVL ???? if you can just send us memory part number , if yes then go to an option that mentions an XMP profile. You have to enable that to get the OC'd RAM speeds.

i already enable d.o.c.p to 3200mhz,but seem like fail~coz main there still showing 2133mhz

How you are getting that it is still at 2133? How your are measuring this?
Also the ram part number? In the biso go to tools > RAM SPD info and check the data in XMP profile.

AniChatt wrote:
How you are getting that it is still at 2133? How your are measuring this?
Also the ram part number? In the biso go to tools > RAM SPD info and check the data in XMP profile.

yup,i also dont know why

cheehoou wrote:
i already enable d.o.c.p to 3200mhz,but seem like fail~coz main there still showing 2133mhz

I would not trust D.O.C.P to always work, use the manual setting, and set the timings manual

Download 'ryzen dram calculator' and carefully watch this video:
This caluclator will give all the recommendations needed.
http://www.overclock.net/forum/13-amd-general/1640919-ryzen-dram-calculator-1-1-0-beta-2-overclockin...

Download 'thaiphoon burner', to get the info about your ram
(only use read and report, dont write!)

Download 'ryzen timing checker'
handy to see all the current values of your ram

start with the safe settings first in the ryzen dram calculator, and use CL16 at first
if all works and stress tested then you can tweak it for more performance

If computer does not boot, you might need to clear your bios cmos

Orb79 wrote:
I would not trust D.O.C.P to always work, use the manual setting, and set the timings manual

http://www.overclock.net/forum/13-amd-general/1640919-ryzen-dram-calculator-1-1-0-beta-2-overclockin...

start with the safe settings first in the ryzen dram calculator, and use CL16 at first

Careful with taiphoon it's an extremely dangerous program, especially with Aura enabled boards, its has been known to brick your ram with aura enabled, I didn't know or read this till after I finished using it and started getting errors.

Orb79 wrote:

Tiphoon burner is not newbie friendly if written spd accidentally it may soft break the ram resulting bigger problem.