cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG X570-F Gaming Chipset cooler screw distance

thethinker990
Level 8
Hi,

I want to replace the very annoying (and besides unnecessary) fan.

In best case I need a technical drawing of the mainboard, at least from the chipset part. A sketch would to it too.

I need the chipset die size and the screw hole distance.

I would do it by myself but I got a water cooling system and the dissamble of my mainboard would be very painful. I want to remove it not until I get the proper cooler. I think about a water cooling block or a passive block.
Something like this Alphacool HF 14 or the Noctua NC-U6.

Thank you.
1 REPLY 1

thethinker990
Level 8
Pictures attached.

The screw hole distance is
~ 50mm (diameter)
~ 25mm (hole-to-hole short distance)
~ 43mm (hole-to-hole long distance - calculated, actually forgot to take a picture)

Hole diameter: ~3mm

The Alphacool HF14 fits. I would recommend to use the straight-bracket (not the "wings") and install it at an angle, not diagonal to the edges of the board. If you don't do this you block your PCIeX16_1 slot with the screws. Maybe you can use other screws than the ones provided.

I got a 1-slot GTX1070 watercooled card and couldn't mount it. I wanted to install it anyways vertically with a raiser card, so no problem for me.

Probably you will block your PCIeX1_1 slot, if the card is too long, like my SoundBlaster. I have to install it at the PCIeX1_2 slot. Therefor you must consider the height of your m.2-cooler. You got about 5mm between the card and the chips on the m.2 SSD. Coolers that fit:
EK-M.2 NVMe Heatsink - Black (tested, installed)
Alphacool HDX - M.2 SSD M01 - 80mm - Schwarz (tested)
Aqua Computer kryoM.2 micro (53247) (not tested)

My chipset now stays at water temp around 30 degree celcius (ambient temperature). Plus/Minus same as before but quiet.

BTW: This forum software sucks ass.
1. Black background is pain for the eyes.
2. The "file management" is horrible, you can only upload one file at one time
3. Nobody is answering anything
4. AntiCaptcha, for what
5. Images get rotated, why? Deal with it yourself