cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG STRIX X570 E GAMING WIFI II not posting (Error code 00)

Weekill
Level 7
Hello,

Anyone know why the PCIE lights don't turn on (I/O RGB does light up) and why I get a 00 code when it's not used (According to MB manual)? Can't seem to POST either. Every single part is completely new (new build)(Ignore the AIO being 90 degrees)
Tried:
- Unplugging everything 1 by 1 to pin-point, can't find.
- BIOS Flashback
- Checked CPU socket for dirt or anything
- Checked CPU pins, nothing broken or bent
- Motherboard not touching the case (has spacer screw thingies)
- Doesn't work with my 3070ti either
- Reseat RAM individually in different RAM slots
- Took CMOS out for 5 minutes

Starting to get anxious and desperate.

UEFI Version: Can't see, no post

CPU: AMD-Ryzen-9-5900X

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: G-Skill-DDR4-Trident-Z-2x16GB-3200MHz-RGB-F4-3200C16D-32GTZR

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO 8G

MB: Asus-ROG-STRIX-X570-E-GAMING-WIFI-II

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: 2x Samsung-970-EVO-Plus-2TB-M-2-SSD

PSU: Thermaltake-Toughpower-modulair-GF1-ARGB-850W-Gold-TT-Premium-Edition

USB Devices (model/version number): Nothing

CPU Cooler: NZXT-Kraken-Z73-RGB

PC CASE: Lian-Li-PC-O11-Dynamic-XL-ROG-Certified-Black-Big-Tower

Operating system: Doesn't even post

ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING WIFI II
19 REPLIES 19

Nate152
Hi Weekill,

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Make sure the 8-pin cpu power cable is connected.

Since the 5900x doesn't have onboard graphics, you'll want to install your 3070 ti and be connected to a monitor, then try firing it up.

Are the cpu fans connected to the cpu fan headers?

It looks good from your picture, hopefully it's something simple you're overlooking.

Weekill
Level 7
8 pin cpu power cable is connected and I have tried to boot it up with the 3070ti with the 2x8pin power connectors in it aswell. Is the RGB around the PCI slots that's supposed to be on (According to screenshots and videos I've found of the motherboard) supposed to be off? Already thought it was "sketchy" that it wasn't on. Other than that... The NZXT pump has a 3 pin connector that is supposed to be connected to either the cpu or aio pump header. The motherboard has a 4 pin AIO header whereas the nzxt kraken z73 has a 3pin connector. Nevertheless, I have tried to put the 3pin connector onto any CPU Fan header AND on the AIO pump header, but it didn't seem to solve the issues. The Lian Li fans are all connected to the Lian Li fan controller that came with the fans. The controller then goes onto 1 of the fan headers on the motherboard. Have tried both Chassis and cpu fan headers aswell. I've basically tried every fan connector > header I could after it wouldn't post.

But yeah, still worried about the RGB in the bottom right not lighting up.

Nate152
You are correct, there should be some lighting to the right of the cmos battery.

This could be a sign of a faulty motherboard if the cpu and psu test good.

If it is a hardware issue, code 00 will be caused by one of those three components.

Motherboard, cpu or psu.

Weekill
Level 7
I've tried with another PSU, and it seems to have the same effect. Sadly, I don't have a spare CPU or Motherboard I can test this on, and since I can't find anything abnormal regarding the CPU and the RGB isn't working on the motherboard when it should work (according to picture and videos I've seen), I'm SUSPECTING a motherboard issue.

Bare in mind that literally all of the parts are brand new (New build)

Weekill
Level 7
So are there more ways to troubleshoot this, or should I contact the store I bought the motherboard from and/or ASUS for an RMA or whatever it's called? (Never filed an RMA before)

Nate152
I see you did take the cmos battery out, you could try clearing the cmos again with the jumper as well.

Is bios flash back working? It should take about 90 seconds to complete the bios flash.

You could try setting it up outside the case to rule out any short.

If you're 100% sure everything is connected properly, and trying with another psu has no change, I will lean strongly towards a motherboard issue.

Weekill
Level 7
Clear cmos with the jump, didn't work
BIOS flashback didn't work.
Breadboarding (Out of case with bare minimum) didn't work.
Everything is connected properly.

About to call it quits here and just declare it dead.

Nate152
Yeah, probably a good idea to contact ASUS technical support, they may help you troubleshoot and suggest an RMA.

This is for the Netherlands, click on the support tab.

https://www.asus.com/nl/

Weekill
Level 7
Will do, even though honestly, I might just request an RMA at the store I bought it from.

It's funny, because I got suspicious of the motherboard before I even got it. I was supposed to get it the next day and even got a confirmation mail saying that I would get it. But then they had to delay the shipping because they didn't have the motherboard in stock (Even though on the website it said it was in stock). And even after that the shipping itself got delayed by another couple of days.

Not to shame the store or anything, all of the other products I've bought there work fine, but it's just a specific case that I had, I guess. Not naming the store either! 😛

But yeah, I'll contact ASUS/Store for an RMA and hopefully get it through and get a new motherboard and finally be able to do 4k gaming on 144hz!

Thanks for the help!