cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
537,514 Views
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

dariuszd1 wrote:
For everyone, info so that they can possibly decide to update.

I did update from 3001 to 3405. After that, I reset the settings to default and manually re-entered all my previous ones.
I also carried out Fan Tunning - all fans, including m.2 Fan, are working properly for me.
There was no problem with the m.2 botable disk and other disks, including RAID0, everything started in the correct configuration. There is also no blue screen or any other undesirable and strange behavior on this version of the bios.
My processor is RYZEN 5950. I set the memory to 3866Mhz (as before, I have not tried higher yet) I have 4 DIMMs, 32GB. In IDLE, the CPU has an identical, maybe slightly lower temperature than before.


To be clear my M.2 fan is running - that's not what I said. Check your bios, you will probably find that although it's running, it's now called the PCH fan and that isn't tunable. The M.2 fan will have a curve but it does nothing when you alter it (try it). Check fan xpert in windows (asus software). After you do fan tuning it doesn't detect the m.2 fan although it is running. It will say N/A. Why is this an issue> Because you cannot tune it's stock speed which is very high (3000RPM here). Fan xpert which I use and love, now only notices the CPU fan, and the casefans, no control over the chipset fan (probably because the bios has screwed this up).

primeshooter wrote:
To be clear my M.2 fan is running - that's not what I said. Check your bios, you will probably find that although it's running, it's now called the PCH fan and that isn't tunable. The M.2 fan will have a curve but it does nothing when you alter it (try it). Check fan xpert in windows (asus software). After you do fan tuning it doesn't detect the m.2 fan although it is running. It will say N/A. Why is this an issue> Because you cannot tune it's stock speed which is very high (3000RPM here). Fan xpert which I use and love, now only notices the CPU fan, and the casefans, no control over the chipset fan (probably because the bios has screwed this up).



i don't use asus software for windows, everything works fine in bios and my m.2 fan is fully adjustable.
87887

dariuszd1 wrote:
i don't use asus software for windows, everything works fine in bios and my m.2 fan is fully adjustable.
87887


Yup same as mine, but press full speed, then go to silent, no difference. It doesn't work. (the graph "works" on mine but doesn't do anything). Trust me I've tried it. Also see if you can find it in fan xpert 4 in windows (asus software). Test it properly and tell me if it works or its just like mine - that it doesn't change it's speed. You'll need to mute the other fans.

primeshooter wrote:
Yup same as mine, but press full speed, then go to silent, no difference. It doesn't work. (the graph "works" on mine but doesn't do anything). Trust me I've tried it. Also see if you can find it in fan xpert 4 in windows (asus software). Test it properly and tell me if it works or its just like mine - that it doesn't change it's speed. You'll need to mute the other fans.



I did as you wanted - I confirm the m.2 fan works correctly and is regulated, which can even be heard in the film because when set to full speed, it starts to hum in the housing.



did you do after the Fan Tuning bios update ???

Regarding the Asus software for Windows, unfortunately, I will not check it for you, because I try to never install these utils, because they load unnecessarily during startup, run a lot of additional unnecessary services and processes and clutter the system, which I do not use at all.

dariuszd1 wrote:
I did as you wanted - I confirm the m.2 fan works correctly and is regulated, which can even be heard in the film because when set to full speed, it starts to hum in the housing.



did you do after the Fan Tuning bios update ???

Regarding the Asus software for Windows, unfortunately, I will not check it for you, because I try to never install these utils, because they load unnecessarily during startup, run a lot of additional unnecessary services and processes and clutter the system, which I do not use at all.


It seems yours is working. Any idea why mine is working but not controllable via just a bios update! It's called the PCH fan now, and it won't let me change it.

dave798
Level 9
bios 3405 has been the worse bios so far for me in regards stability, I am getting many random restarts using this bios, there is no pattern whatsoever, my pc restarts only when idle, I can game, stress test and benchmark fine, but when machine is on idle mode or very low cpu usage, I get random restarts, I have reverted back to 3001 and although I am still getting restarts they are fewer and far between, I have checked other motherboard manufacturer forums and it seems that the problem lies with idle cpu state, Gigabyte and MSI are all over this problem but it seems Asus are finding it hard to get a fix, beginning to regret getting this board, Ryzen Gen 4 has been out for a while now and Asus should have at least given users a stable fix for this problem

3405 Curve optimzer BUG
Hello guys. I've installed the latest 3405 bios, and noticed some bugs in the Curve Optimizer (AMD overclocking>Precision Boost overdrive>Advanced) when used with a Ryzen 7 5800.
Affecting a negative value in the Curve Optimzer does affect correctly the CPU (lower tensions, lower temperatures, and thus higher frequencies for longer periods), BUT the bios does NOT take correctly into accounts further modifications :
* Once you put a negative value in CO, if you go back to Precision Boost Overdrive "Auto" (the default value), the motherboard keep your CO values and uses them.
* If you go too far in undervolting (to high negative value in CO) and get an instable system, modifiying CO value is NOT taken into account correctly by the motherboard, either with "all cores" setting or tweaking each core individually. The system stays unstable because the corrections you make are not taken into account. The only way to go back to normal is to clear all bios settings "load optimized defaults".
* If you have a system stable with Curve optimizer with "all cores"‚ "negative" and "10", he's not stable with a negative value of 10 on each core separately. In my case, neither with -6 for each core separately.

@ Dave798: in case it may help you: freezes and random restarts idle or very low cpu usage (with stress tests ok) are things that happens when you do undervolting, especially via curve optimizer (all tensions lower than stock including for low cpu usage, meaning very low tensions are used in that case, with possible instability)

Agafous wrote:
3405 Curve optimzer BUG
Hello guys. I've installed the latest 3405 bios, and noticed some bugs in the Curve Optimizer (AMD overclocking>Precision Boost overdrive>Advanced) when used with a Ryzen 7 5800.
Affecting a negative value in the Curve Optimzer does affect correctly the CPU (lower tensions, lower temperatures, and thus higher frequencies for longer periods), BUT the bios does NOT take correctly into accounts further modifications :
* Once you put a negative value in CO, if you go back to Precision Boost Overdrive "Auto" (the default value), the motherboard keep your CO values and uses them.
* If you go too far in undervolting (to high negative value in CO) and get an instable system, modifiying CO value is NOT taken into account correctly by the motherboard, either with "all cores" setting or tweaking each core individually. The system stays unstable because the corrections you make are not taken into account. The only way to go back to normal is to clear all bios settings "load optimized defaults".
* If you have a system stable with Curve optimizer with "all cores"‚ "negative" and "10", he's not stable with a negative value of 10 on each core separately. In my case, neither with -6 for each core separately.

@ Dave798: in case it may help you: freezes and random restarts idle or very low cpu usage (with stress tests ok) are things that happens when you do undervolting, especially via curve optimizer (all tensions lower than stock including for low cpu usage, meaning very low tensions are used in that case, with possible instability)


have tried changing many settings but never undervolting, I am getting the restarts on stock settings and OC settings, have tried multiple changes and still the problem persists, am back to bios version 3001 although I am still getting random restarts they are not as frequent as bios 3405, AMD community forums have many many Zen 4 users complaining of same issues although some are using different motherboards, I am of the conclusion it is a X570/ZEN4 compatibility issue

3405 broke XMP again for me, requires cmos reset each time. Why did Asus decide to remove the cmos reset button from this motherboard again?

Dan69 wrote:
3405 broke XMP again for me, requires cmos reset each time. Why did Asus decide to remove the cmos reset button from this motherboard again?


So that you pay twice the price for the Crosshair motherboards which have it? 🙂