cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

ah finally a ABB bios, lets see if it's better.

for the strix-E one my initial findings on 0710 i had a avg vcore of i'd say 1.45, it would sometimes drop to 1.2 for a second or something and spike back up but temps were fine and overal power draw was about 10-20% of 140w, idle temps were between 42 and 52 degree's (kept getting a spike every now and then slapping 10 degree's on, fading and slapping it back on there).

on 1005 my vcore is generally lower but 1.43 instead of 1.45, i've also not yet seen it drop out of boost. the idle temp is atm 62-65 degree's so that's somehow ended up much worse (the power draw / amp draw is higher then i saw it on 0710). i've also noticed the power draw of the cpu at idle/light use is much higher, where before i sat at about 20% powerdraw on the cpu with firefox open i'm now sitting at 35-40%.

also just wondering is 1.45v vcore sitting in the bios really normal/nessary? had that bios voltage on 0407/0804/0807/0710 and now again at 1005 but that seems so silly high for sitting in the bios >.< the cpu dooing it in windows for scheduling reasons..well that seems dumb but fine it'll gear down when it feels it's ready but 1.45v sitting in the bios >.>

have not run benchmarks as i do not care about the performance, it's fast enough i'd like it to cool and quiet and ideally live long rather then gain 5 points in cinebench. which is kinda why this boost behavior is starting to annoy me, i don't mind if something takes a couple ms longer i do mind that i open my browser and my 12 core sounds like it's recording a video for a second -,-"

edit. just formated windows (i did quite some battles with aura and lost messing up some things, but aura now works wohoo) and upon installing steam i noticed xcom 2 continue'd installing XD forgot i set that to install before going to bed yesterday so that's likely the culprit of the high idle temp/power draw.. whoops 😛 deciding to go slow intalling a program and checking ryzen master to track down what makes it go full boost 24/7 though i think icue will still be the main culprit.

KingCarstonoX wrote:
Strix E 1.0.0.3ABB
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_X570-E_GAMING/ROG-STRIX-X570-E-GAMING-ASUS...

Strix F 1.0.0.3ABB
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_X570-F_GAMING/ROG-STRIX-X570-F-GAMING-ASUS...

I got a question. In the BIOS under the AI tweeker, there is performance options which I set to level 1. I don't really understand what all the options do:
Auto (on by default)
Level 1
Level 2
Level 3 (OC)

I set mine to Level 1. Ryzen master shows that the overclock is using Precision Boost Overdrive. But my EDC is set to 150v, this seems very low, is this correct?

I'm using the x570-E with a 3900x CPU.

zorin1 wrote:
I got a question. In the BIOS under the AI tweeker, there is performance options which I set to level 1. I don't really understand what all the options do:
Auto (on by default)
Level 1
Level 2
Level 3 (OC)

I set mine to Level 1. Ryzen master shows that the overclock is using Precision Boost Overdrive. But my EDC is set to 150v, this seems very low, is this correct?

As i understand Performance options just change PPT TDC EDC limits like PBO does. Leave it at default...
Btw if you are using latest bios, do you have Wi-Fi ? mine just vanished after the bios update

Raventlov wrote:
As i understand Performance options just change PPT TDC EDC limits like PBO does. Leave it at default...
Btw if you are using latest bios, do you have Wi-Fi ? mine just vanished after the bios update

I'm not using WiFi, plus I turned it off. Let me check and I'll get back to you about this. If you leave the it at Default then BPO is turned off.

I noticedthat my EDC is always in the red when I'm rendering a movie in Ryzen Master. Still trying to learn how Ryzen 2 works. Do you know if under the Advanced Menu under Overclocking, do you have to enable anything there?

Raventlov wrote:

I just checked and WiFi is working for me. I installed the WiFI drivers from the Asus download site. It installed version 21.20.1.1. Maybe you need to update the driver?

zorin1 wrote:
Auto (on by default)
Level 1
Level 2
Level 3 (OC)

I wanted to follow up to this. I'm running Bios version 1005.

BIOS Menu -> AI Tweaker -> Performance Enhancer

Here are the values and what I think they correspond too:

Performance Enhancer PPT TDC EDC
Auto - same as Default
Default 142 95 140
Level 1 1,000 1,000 150
Level 2 1,000 1,000 1,000
level 3 (OC) 4,096 4,096 145
If set PBO in Ryzen master) 142 255 255

I left myself at level 1. Is there anything else that I should be setting? I'm never seeing 4.6 Ghz on any core the best I see is 4.51 on two cores if I monitor with HWInfo64. But I don't ways see it hit this.

Did the BIOS update include an option to switch to PCIE 3.0?

How are everyone's boost performance after the bios update? I've got the X570-E and 3700X setup running newest 1005 bios coming from 7010 and during heavy load benchmarks such as Cinebench my boost now stays around 3.95GHz whereas on 7010 it would boost beyond 4GHz. Gaming wise (tested in Witcher 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider) boost performance will hover between 4.225 and 4.3GHz though. Still not hitting that magical 4.4GHz.

No changes in regards to idle voltage either with Corsair iCue running (still have to shut that down to get idle voltage to drop).

yea still gooing full boost 24/7 with icue on (though it sometimes slips in to 1.3v) i do not understand how linus's crew and other youtubers get the 3900x to idle at 0.3v, even on bare ass windows no drivers i sit at 1.09v and with drivers it only creeps up.

also have your pch fans decide to shut up yet? checked temp/speed on 0710 36 degree's fan always on at around 2000rpm, now on 1005 it's 31 degree's and the fan's spinning at 2400rpm... what is this things target temperature ><

and boost wise seems about the same, mostly see it operating in 4.2-4.3 when gaming, according to msi afterburner core's now and then hit 4.55ish but it's for such a short moment that i don't see it happening. haven't fiddled to much with achieving the actual claimed boost clock been more annoyed that my 2019 cpu is getting triggered in to boosting by a rgb controller application >.<

also imo the boosting behaviour seems kinda dumb, if a game's loading up 4 threads heavely and the rest is kinda dooing nothing why are all my core's hovering around 4.2ghz...doesn't seem efficient or smart : /

anub1s21 wrote:
yea still gooing full boost 24/7 with icue on (though it sometimes slips in to 1.3v) i do not understand how linus's crew and other youtubers get the 3900x to idle at 0.3v, even on bare ass windows no drivers i sit at 1.09v and with drivers it only creeps up.

also have your pch fans decide to shut up yet? checked temp/speed on 0710 36 degree's fan always on at around 2000rpm, now on 1005 it's 31 degree's and the fan's spinning at 2400rpm... what is this things target temperature ><

and boost wise seems about the same, mostly see it operating in 4.2-4.3 when gaming, according to msi afterburner core's now and then hit 4.55ish but it's for such a short moment that i don't see it happening. haven't fiddled to much with achieving the actual claimed boost clock been more annoyed that my 2019 cpu is getting triggered in to boosting by a rgb controller application >.<

also imo the boosting behaviour seems kinda dumb, if a game's loading up 4 threads heavely and the rest is kinda dooing nothing why are all my core's hovering around 4.2ghz...doesn't seem efficient or smart : /

Hmm now that you've mentioned it I just checked HWiNFO64 and assuming I am looking at the right place it says my chipset temp is sitting at around 63 degrees C at the moment and right beneath it where it says ASUS EC (greyed out))/PCH Fan/CPU Current/CPU Power all have a small red cross next to it and they're not showing any info?! My PC otherwise is very quiet I have 5x LL 120 fans installed as case fans and Dark Rock Slim CPU cooler and I'd only hear the PC if the room is dead silent.

Another interesting thing I've noticed is that I get WHEA errors but of ID 20 variety whereas from what I've read so far the serious one is ID 17. When I first updated the new chipset driver I stopped getting the WHEA error (maybe because the whatever instruction was deactivated by the driver upset) and since I've updated to the newest bios/AGESA I am starting to get the ID 20 WHEA error again which is interesting.