cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

Lubna wrote:
Better score in cinebench with the new BIOS

I did a 4min run with R23 on the 3405 Bios with the following settings PPT 120W, TDC 80A, EDC 130A, vcore offset of 0.07500V and DOCP enabled and I got 14137 MC score.

Same test in the same conditions as above with 3602 Bios and got 14134 MC score, so its within margin of error for me with my settings, it seems no performance increase.

Ill see how it goes with general day to day usage as all previous FWs I have installed I never had an issue.
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - AMD 5800X - MSI RTX380ti Ventus OC - 32GB G.Skill 3600CL16 - Samsung 980Pro 1TB+2TB M.2

Still wondering why AMD woud fix L3 cache for Bench only ? Is there any improvement for games ?

CrushALL
Level 7
Is it worth upgrading from 2606 to this latest bios? I had a full PC crash when playing only rust. Event viewer shows WHEA errors after the crash.

Edit: After updating, played rust for over 2 hours no issues. So far completely stable! CPU is 5900x

CrushALL wrote:
Is it worth upgrading from 2606 to this latest bios? I had a full PC crash when playing only rust. Event viewer shows WHEA errors after the crash.

Edit: After updating, played rust for over 2 hours no issues. So far completely stable! CPU is 5900x

Latest bios has not been beta for very long time, it was beta cos vrm was not tweaked yet, having latest chipset drivers also improves stability would defiantly recommend keeping that updated to.

Sinistercr0c
Level 8
Any views on the stability of the latest BIOS version 3602 yet? Has anyone experienced the random idle reboot issues apparent on BIOS's after 2606?

Many thanks.

Updated to the new bios yesterday and everything seemed fine.

Today I go to start playing some wow/overwatch and have huge fps drops. Seems to be stuck around 60 fps. Normally overwatch for example is pretty much always 160 fps.
Tried cyberpunk also, similar type of issue.

No other changes made outside of updated the bios, anyone else having similar issues?

Nevermind, it seems windows decided to revert back to a power saver mode. Went back to the amd ryzen high performance option and fixed it right away 😛

Sinistercr0c wrote:
Any views on the stability of the latest BIOS version 3602 yet? Has anyone experienced the random idle reboot issues apparent on BIOS's after 2606?

Many thanks.

I personally had a random reboot yesterday It has happened only once since I updated to the new version which was 3 days ago.
Using PBO with Curve Optimizer set to -20 for all cores.

I use an ASUS Prime x570-Pro, not a ROG, but this is the only thread I've found that actively discusses ASUS x570 BIOSes.

With 3602, I've found that PBO Fmax Enhancer (improves peak frequencies in single-threaded workloads) causes the system to crash during gaming sessions. For example, in the new Outriders Demo.

Anyone able to use PBO Fmax Enhancer on any of ASUS's x570 boards with 3602?

Migz-DH wrote:
I use an ASUS Prime x570-Pro, not a ROG, but this is the only thread I've found that actively discusses ASUS x570 BIOSes.

With 3602, I've found that PBO Fmax Enhancer (improves peak frequencies in single-threaded workloads) causes the system to crash during gaming sessions. For example, in the new Outriders Demo.

Anyone able to use PBO Fmax Enhancer on any of ASUS's x570 boards with 3602?

I personally keep the PBO Fmax Enhancer switched off because when enabled, my score in Cinebench R20 drops significantly, even in the single-threaded test. I noticed it with several BIOS versions and gave up using it at all. I can't comment on its stability for that reason but I don't think that you will lose much if you switch it off.