cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
546,764 Views
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

thesmokingman wrote:
With such great success with corsair ram, you are doubling down for more?


Well the thing is the 2133mhz ram is what I was using in my previous computer, except it ran perfectly fine at 3000mhz on a gigabyte mobo. I bought a second set of corsair ram because the first had no issues and I liked the RGB. Are you saying that the memory is the cause of the crashes or are you just bagging on corsair?

X570 Fella wrote:
Well the thing is the 2133mhz ram is what I was using in my previous computer, except it ran perfectly fine at 3000mhz on a gigabyte mobo. I bought a second set of corsair ram because the first had no issues and I liked the RGB. Are you saying that the memory is the cause of the crashes or are you just bagging on corsair?


Both. Corsair ram has a terrible track record on AMD. I avoid it like the plague. Secondly, it's more name than anything now especially since they have a habit of swapping components w/o changing the model or using revisions so you never know exactly what you get. And on topic, your ram is not working well at all. Your cpu's imc/fabric is telling you so with the whea errors.

thesmokingman wrote:
Both. Corsair ram has a terrible track record on AMD. I avoid it like the plague. Secondly, it's more name than anything now especially since they have a habit of swapping components w/o changing the model or using revisions so you never know exactly what you get. And on topic, your ram is not working well at all. Your cpu's imc/fabric is telling you so with the whea errors.


I think you are right. I'd try G skill. Their RGB stuff is much nicer than corsair's too. 😉

There is good news about resize bar and Ryzen 3000, but will wait for next AGESA 1.2.0.1+ 🙂

Has something changed with the last two bios versions?
I am getting random signal loss with my Evga 2080 XC Ultra over HDMI, and already got a new cable too.

The weird thing is I have signal until Windows 10 boots, I still get the loading circle of Windows 10 but it drops out at the login screen.

Weird thing is that removing the cable and inserting it back into either card or TV fixes it, at least until it randomly drops out again.

Sometimes it drops with 5 minutes of the previous dropout, other times it can take hours. Doesn't matter what I do. I can be in Windows 10 on the desktop or play a game.

I reset the bios back to defaults and it is on the latest, but problem persists.
CPU, GPU and all other temperatures are well below danger levels to be an issue point. So that is not the issue either.
Also the audio continues to play from say a YouTube video and keyboard and mouse also still work as I can stop the video playback.

Personally I might suspect a couple of things...

1. Nvidia driver
2. 3000-series bios updates being faulty
3. Some Windows 10 update breaking something again.
4. 3000-series bios asks for more power draw than my old Coolermaster Silent Power M2 720W can handle.


Any thoughts or maybe someone with similar experience?

LogiForce wrote:
Any thoughts or maybe someone with similar experience?


That reads as similar to a problem I've seen reported in the nvidia driver forum for the past handful of driver sets.
Why not try installing a driver from a couple of months ago, and see if the problem persists? Sorry, I don't have a good exact version number to suggest.

Edit: Oh, and you might find using DDU to remove the current driver to be useful if you weren't planning to.

Migz-DH wrote:
That reads as similar to a problem I've seen reported in the nvidia driver forum for the past handful of driver sets.
Why not try installing a driver from a couple of months ago, and see if the problem persists? Sorry, I don't have a good exact version number to suggest.

Edit: Oh, and you might find using DDU to remove the current driver to be useful if you weren't planning to.


If that's the case I think a reinstall might be quicker and removes any underlying issues that might be present in the Windows registry or elsewhere.

Never had much luck with DDU fixing any driver hiccups in the end. More often than not it was related to a bad Windows update that broke something that the drivers need or expect to be there.

Personally I still suspect the PSU because the power cable had a bad ground connection, and thus caused me to get nasty zaps off of my case. I already replaced the power cable but maybe a rail could have gone bad causing a voltage drop every now and again.

LogiForce wrote:
If that's the case I think a reinstall might be quicker and removes any underlying issues that might be present in the Windows registry or elsewhere.

Never had much luck with DDU fixing any driver hiccups in the end. More often than not it was related to a bad Windows update that broke something that the drivers need or expect to be there.

Personally I still suspect the PSU because the power cable had a bad ground connection, and thus caused me to get nasty zaps off of my case. I already replaced the power cable but maybe a rail could have gone bad causing a voltage drop every now and again.


I think you just answered your own question.
I was getting random signal loss and it was driving me crazy too, tried replacing the cables, drivers, gpu ports, etc.
But I noticed eventually it would happen whenever I touched something. I was zapping my computer with static and it was causing my monitor to lose signal for a second. My computer is on carpet beside a fireplace so humidity is an issue.

Fix your ground problem and I bet your problems go away. Replace that PSU, go with your gut.

Silycybin wrote:
I think you just answered your own question.
I was getting random signal loss and it was driving me crazy too, tried replacing the cables, drivers, gpu ports, etc.
But I noticed eventually it would happen whenever I touched something. I was zapping my computer with static and it was causing my monitor to lose signal for a second. My computer is on carpet beside a fireplace so humidity is an issue.

Fix your ground problem and I bet your problems go away. Replace that PSU, go with your gut.


Already fixed the ground issue and don't get zappen anymore.
It's on a vinyl floor on the rubber feet of a HAF-X case.

Now I did reinstall Windows just now, and I got interesting results hinting towards a AMD Chipset driver conflict with the Nvidia driver.

First install run I had bios 3602 set to default, pulled all drives out of the system except the sata ssd that I use for the install. I don't own nvme drives.
In this run I installed Windows, than installed the latest AMD Chipset 2.13.27.501 driver and rebooted. Than Nvidia 461.92 and reboot, changed the desktop HDR setting in Windows and scaling to 100% (defaults to 300% since I use a LG Oled TV).
Than all of a suddenly black screen.

In the Windows logs it had an entry for an Nvidia related error... Event ID 14 "nvlddmkm". Which I had also noted prior to the reinstall in the logs.

After this I went for a second Windows reinstall. Same setup, but this time I didn't download any drivers but only did a full Windows Update, went through the reboots and ended up with Nvidia 456.71 driver installed through Windows Update.
No issues... no logbook errors. No loss of signal.

So after that I installed again the latest Nvidia driver 461.92 (custom fresh install) and did a few mundane tasks, and switched back and forth on HDR. Watched some YouTube, but no issues.

It was getting not late but early and I just hopped into bed at 5:40 am as I type this, but I want to test it a bit longer tomorrow to see if the graphics card drops the signal again.

Otherwise it might be the AMD Chipset drivers conflicting with the Nvidia drivers one way or another.

This Drives me crazy: Since I updated from the 2xxx series BIOS to the 3602 ,the system randomly shuts down. No BSOD nothing, just restarting. All I did is applying the DCOP Profile of G.Skill 3600 (16,16,16,36, 1.35V) I am on a 3900x
The issue started on the day I updated the BIOS. It never happens under load, or benchmarking or gaming. It happens when I browse the web or do some light thing in Illustrator etc. I tried to increase RAM voltage, LLC etc. No effect at all. I run OCCT 8.1 with no issues. I play games with no issues...

I used to have similar issues when the system was new, but at one point they with a new BIOS release they stopped. The system was as solid as a rock. unfortunalty I cant go back, it does not allow me to install 2606.

Any advise for me? Thank you!