cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

0xid0
Level 8

I'm having the same problem with TPM on an X570-F, I'm on Bios 4021 for better performance and better overclocking.

Erwin05
Level 10

When u press on dismiss, this will solve the problem.

zx1100e1
Level 8

Hello all!

I need some guidance.  I have a x570-e board with a 5800x cpu from 2021 that's used in a headless server. At the time (5/2021) bios version 3801 was the most recent available and what is currently flashed to it.

For its intended purpose the board is working well.  However, that was nearly 2 years ago and there's been a number of updates since.

One of my goals is to reduce energy consumption.  Would upgrading to a newer bios help achieve this? Thank you

I have the same setup as you and I'm on the latest bios, I noticed my cpu temps where about 5 degrees lower so I'd assume they tweaked power consumption but I'm not sure. 

The latest bios should have the best stability, performance improvements, compatibility with devices and protection from potential security vulnerabilities.

If you're facing issues, updating to the latest bios can sometimes solve them.

The latest bios for the ROG Strix X570-E Gaming is 4602, periodically check the ASUS Support Center for future updates.

ROG Strix X570-E Gaming | ROG Strix X570-E Gaming | Gaming Motherboards|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG...

I installed the ASUS ROG Strix X-570E BIOS 4602 from the ASUS support page with a 5800X and all went well. I was on a 2+ year old BIOS. I also updated to the most recent AMD Chipset Driver V4.07.13.2243 which made my CPU Utilization in games suspiciously low (like 5% when it's normally 45%). It didn't affect the power consumption noticeably. It would just jump from extremely low utilization < 10% to 100%. I've benchmarked several of the games on several AMD Zen 3 CPU's and have never seen utilization that low. I clean installed Windows 11 and re-installed everything but that AMD Chipset Driver and I'm getting normal CPU utilization again. Just an FYI for anyone considering updating to it.

Erwin05
Level 10

U always should flash to the latest bios.

Latest bios is 4602, after the flash press F5 default in bios and set to DOCP and the rest of your settings.

I generally never update the bios unless there's an issue and changelog reflects addressing said issue.   And yes, quite familiar with resetting to defaults after an update.

I looked through the changes, but they seem rather generic.

Erwin05
Level 10

There are always people who never flash there bios and find a excuse why not.

I never understand those people, why? because Asus doesnt come out with a new bios for noting.

Its up to u, i always flash to the latest bios.

Shenny
Level 11

I agree with Erwin. New BIOS updates usually contain many small performance and/or stability improvements and it is recommended to always apply them (just like you usually won't miss the latest updates for your OS). If you have any problems with the BIOS, there is always a flashback option to return to an older version. I agree that ASUS can do better job with the changelog description but this has never stopped me to try every new version (except for a few betas), maybe with 1-2 weeks delay to see the general impressions about it.