cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

HunterKillerAU
Level 7
Has anyone experienced any anomalies with their PC just randomly shutting down when gaming since doing any bios updates?

Ive even rolled back a few BIOS versions and I still experience the issues.

For insight I performed a mem test, ran cinemench did all the typical reg scans/updates and even installed a new OS (clean install) from W10 to W11
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - AMD 5800X - MSI RTX380ti Ventus OC - 32GB G.Skill 3600CL16 - Samsung 980Pro 1TB+2TB M.2

HunterKillerAU wrote:
Has anyone experienced any anomalies with their PC just randomly shutting down when gaming since doing any bios updates?

Ive even rolled back a few BIOS versions and I still experience the issues.

For insight I performed a mem test, ran cinemench did all the typical reg scans/updates and even installed a new OS (clean install) from W10 to W11

Does this happen with the default settings for the CPU in BIOS (PBO off and no undervolting)?
People used to complain from shutdowns when their system is idle (I think that undervolting was found as the culprit then) but never when under load like gaming.

Do these shutdowns happen with a BSOD?
Now I remember that I had such numerous issues with BSODs last summer during gaming and it turned out that my PSU was faulty, couldn't handle the sporadic peaks from the GPU.

Shenny wrote:
Does this happen with the default settings for the CPU in BIOS (PBO off and no undervolting)?
People used to complain from shutdowns when their system is idle (I think that undervolting was found as the culprit then) but never when under load like gaming.

Do these shutdowns happen with a BSOD?
Now I remember that I had such numerous issues with BSODs last summer during gaming and it turned out that my PSU was faulty, couldn't handle the sporadic peaks from the GPU.

It only shuts down during gaming and not any other time, I never ran PBO but I did undervolt it, although I still experienced the shutdowns when everything was set to optimised defaults except DOCP on the memory.

I have also changed PSU's and still experienced this issue, I have now turned DOCP off and see if anything happens.

As for it BSODing, no it doesnt BSOD at all, the PC just restarts, like it was powered down instantly.

My CPU and other basic details are listed in my signature.
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - AMD 5800X - MSI RTX380ti Ventus OC - 32GB G.Skill 3600CL16 - Samsung 980Pro 1TB+2TB M.2

HunterKillerAU wrote:
It only shuts down during gaming and not any other time, I never ran PBO but I did undervolt it, although I still experienced the shutdowns when everything was set to optimised defaults except DOCP on the memory.

I have also changed PSU's and still experienced this issue, I have now turned DOCP off and see if anything happens.

As for it BSODing, no it doesnt BSOD at all, the PC just restarts, like it was powered down instantly.

My CPU and other basic details are listed in my signature.

I can't see the spec of your PSU in your signature.

I can only advise you to use separate PCIe cables for each connector on the GPU, it might help (most PCIe cables share two connectors but in some cases they may not be able to take the load). I don't have any other clues why your PC may restart during gaming but very likely it is because of a component under stress.

In my case the problems began out of nowhere. I had run with my GPU card and PSU for two years and then, without changing anything, my PC began to reset itself exactly during gaming - sometimes with and sometimes without BSOD. After replacing the PSU with a slightly more powerful one (Corsair RMx 1000 replacing their 850 W model), all issues disappeared. I suspect that if I had just replaced the PCIe cables or used a separate cable for each of the 3 connectors on my RTX 3080 (I used 2 cables in total), I could have been running with my old PSU now.

By the way, here is a review for a completely different video card but showing similar problems: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/sapphire-radeon-rx-6950-xt-nitro-pure/39.html
"During testing, I noticed that all of my RX 6950 XT cards sometimes caused system shutdowns, not sure why yet, maybe due to power spikes... Either way, make sure to pair the RX 6950 XT with a high quality PSU, and only use one connector per power cable."

Shenny wrote:
I can't see the spec of your PSU in your signature.

I can only advise you to use separate PCIe cables for each connector on the GPU, it might help (most PCIe cables share two connectors but in some cases they may not be able to take the load). I don't have any other clues why your PC may restart during gaming but very likely it is because of a component under stress."

I went from a Corsair HX 850W to a BeQuiet Dark Power 14 1000W (Brand New PSU Release - March 2023), and Ive had both PSU's use two different power supply cables to GPU which is an MSI RTX3080ti.

Here is my PC specs - ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - AMD 5800X - MSI RTX380ti Ventus OC - 32GB G.Skill 3600CL16 - Samsung 980Pro 1TB+2TB M.2

Secondly its not the GPU as I have tested it with a Gigabyte RTX3080 and the PC crashed the same as previously.

I'm sort of deducing it is the motherboard than anything else, I did mem test and all passed, it doesnt do it at idle and only does it (randomly) during gaming, it may be how the mobo delivers the power to the components, I dont know but it seems very odd.

Im still yet to experience the PC crashing with DOCP set to auto, if the PC doesnt crash then it is the memory controller and could be the CPU, I have yet to do more normal gaming to see if it crashes again, the only let down is that the memory is running at 2300MHz instead of 3600MHz

Just a follow up to our previous conversation with the PC just randomly resetting,

I changed the CPU to a 5600X and I have not had any crashes and it has been almost 2 months now.

I also placed the 5800X into my other PC that has slower memory timings (G.Skill 3600) and an Asus B550M mobo, 850W PSU and RTX3080 12GB and not one crash either.

So im taking a stab in the dark here but im starting to think the 5800X wasnt able to handle the tighter memory timings of the memory im using along with maybe some mobo issues with the combination I had because as I stated above the 5600X and with everything else set exactly how I had it with the 5800X, I havent had an issue.

RaiD2606
Level 7
I wish everybody that updates would mention what CPU they use.
What BIOS version would you say is the best for 3900X on this board, is it latest version or is some older version better?

Dose anyone else notice random bsod when their phone is charging near the computer?

Shenny
Level 11
Btw, ASUS have removed the beta version and have released a new BIOS - 4602. Probably similar to the beta with minor changes but let me know if anyone has tried it out and observe any changes with the new AGESA.

Erwin05
Level 10
I flashed the new bios 4602 only thing i saw was a new LED update and ComboV2PI 1208.