cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
521 Views
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

Erwin05
Level 10
Was reading this:

Although there are different manufacturers of TPM chips, the drivers needed by Windows are the chipset drivers. Installing the latest Intel chipset or AMD chipset drivers would normally be sufficient to enable support for the TPM functions within Windows 10 or Windows 11

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

Maybe this:

Solution 3. Reinstall or Update TPM Driver.

https://www.ubackup.com/windows-11/tpm-not-detected-windows-11.html

Hi,

I've got a problem with the last version (4403) and D.O.C.P. (3600hz)
I upgraded from 4021 to 4403, and the temps of my 3900x were really hotter, after the update (increase of 10C)
Rollbacking to 4021 solves the issue, but now I will have the fTPM bug.
I run windows 10 (and never windows 11)
Can I disable fTPM to avoid the bug?(I can't update to 4403 due to the temperature problem)
Selecting discrete TPM in BIOS will solve my problem?

Thanks and Regards

pelidevon wrote:
Hi,

I've got a problem with the last version (4403) and D.O.C.P. (3600hz)
I upgraded from 4021 to 4403, and the temps of my 3900x were really hotter, after the update (increase of 10C)
Rollbacking to 4021 solves the issue, but now I will have the fTPM bug.
I run windows 10 (and never windows 11)
Can I disable fTPM to avoid the bug?(I can't update to 4403 due to the temperature problem)
Selecting discrete TPM in BIOS will solve my problem?

Thanks and Regards


You probably have a Ryzen 3000 right ? If that's so, you're not the only person having this issue here : there's a whole Reddit thread talking about it.
It's definitely a BIOS issue, and you should contact Asus support, they can help you, they helped me with a custom BIOS for my C8H that fixed it
Main PC : Asus C8HW / AMD Ryzen 9 3900x / 32 Go 3000 Mhz C15 Corsair Vengeance RGB / nVidia RTX 3090 FE / Sabrent Rocket 4.0 500G / Noctua NH-D15S Chromax.Black / Lian-li O11 Dynamic XL RoG Certified / Corsair AX1500i
Secondary PC : Asus R5E / Intel i7 5930K / 16 Go 2800 Mhz C16 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 / Asus GTX 980 Poseidon / Samsung 850 Pro 256G / XSPC W/C / Cooler Master Cosmos 2 / FSP Hydro G Pro 850

GoLLuM13 wrote:
You probably have a Ryzen 3000 right ? If that's so, you're not the only person having this issue here : there's a whole Reddit thread talking about it.
It's definitely a BIOS issue, and you should contact Asus support, they can help you, they helped me with a custom BIOS for my C8H that fixed it


Thanks,
I have a 3900x, I will consider to ask for help to Support, but I'm going to buy a Zen 3 or Zen 4, at the end of the year
Meanwhile, I'd like to know if there's a problem in switching to discrete TPM, and using windows 10, these coming months, with bios version 4021.
If the TPM bug will come out, or if switching to discrete, I will have no problem with that

pelidevon wrote:
Thanks,
I have a 3900x, I will consider to ask for help to Support, but I'm going to buy a Zen 3 or Zen 4, at the end of the year
Meanwhile, I'd like to know if there's a problem in switching to discrete TPM, and using windows 10, these coming months, with bios version 4021.
If the TPM bug will come out, or if switching to discrete, I will have no problem with that

You probably won't have this problem with Zen 3
About "Discrete TPM" if you have the TPM module, that will probably be OK, if you don't, I noticed it will go back to fTPM automatically after a reboot, at least on my motherboard (maybe it's a bug on mine only). Anyway it won't do you any harm to put it on Discrete TPM.
Main PC : Asus C8HW / AMD Ryzen 9 3900x / 32 Go 3000 Mhz C15 Corsair Vengeance RGB / nVidia RTX 3090 FE / Sabrent Rocket 4.0 500G / Noctua NH-D15S Chromax.Black / Lian-li O11 Dynamic XL RoG Certified / Corsair AX1500i
Secondary PC : Asus R5E / Intel i7 5930K / 16 Go 2800 Mhz C16 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 / Asus GTX 980 Poseidon / Samsung 850 Pro 256G / XSPC W/C / Cooler Master Cosmos 2 / FSP Hydro G Pro 850

GoLLuM13 wrote:
You probably won't have this problem with Zen 3
About "Discrete TPM" if you have the TPM module, that will probably be OK, if you don't, I noticed it will go back to fTPM automatically after a reboot, at least on my motherboard (maybe it's a bug on mine only). Anyway it won't do you any harm to put it on Discrete TPM.


Thanks for the advice, didn't realize that the setting switched to fTPM automatically 😞
I've found this FAQ that explains how to set TPM off:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1047459
and It worked for me.

Can't login with PIN now, but I can enter with my pass 🙂

amalkumar
Level 7
Hi Guys i need help
i'm update Bios 8601 for my Crosshair-VI-Hero

But my windows 10 random freezes
some time tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys
any one pls help me

2 time clean install my Windows 10

How can downgrade my bios

amalkumar wrote:
Hi Guys i need help
i'm update Bios 8601 for my Crosshair-VI-Hero

But my windows 10 random freezes
some time tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys
any one pls help me

2 time clean install my Windows 10

How can downgrade my bios


You post it in the wrong forum.

Shenny
Level 11
A very curious information cropped up about the prices of X670E motherboards in Europe - https://www.techpowerup.com/299229/early-european-pricing-for-socket-am5-x670e-motherboards-appear-o...
In particular, on one of the screenshots you can see the pricing of the heir to the ROG Strix X570-E mobo which is simply insane, for lack of other words.
The prices are not confirmed yet, of course, but I doubt that they will be much different when they appear in the store. So it's best to vote with our wallets and make the mobo manufacturers to reconsider. It is gonna be a problem for AMD too because less AM5 boards sold means less of their new CPUs sold.

Tsikos
Level 10
Hello, i just order the ROG STRIX X670E-E and i want to know if my ddr5 kit will work fine with this board when i will enable the xmp profile!

https://www.gskill.com/product/165/374/1642064772/F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5RS-F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS