cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

GoLLuM13 wrote:
I know it sounds stupid, but it happened to me, you should check that your USB drive is formatted in FAT 32 and that it's using an MBR partition table

Yeah I even tried a second flash drive because I noticed the old flash drive which was 8GB was only indicating 244MB now, so I used a second USB stick (brand new) and the flashback still wont work, it just stays on solid green.

Its not issue, I just have to do it via EZ flash inside the bios now.
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - AMD 5800X - MSI RTX380ti Ventus OC - 32GB G.Skill 3600CL16 - Samsung 980Pro 1TB+2TB M.2

HunterKillerAU wrote:
Its not issue, I just have to do it via EZ flash inside the bios now.

But can you downgrade your BIOS in EZ flash? AFAIK, people were using flashback exactly to workaround this limitation in EZ flash.

Shenny wrote:
But can you downgrade your BIOS in EZ flash? AFAIK, people were using flashback exactly to workaround this limitation in EZ flash.

IIRC you can downgrade BIOS in EZ Flash 3
Main PC : Asus C8HW / AMD Ryzen 9 3900x / 32 Go 3000 Mhz C15 Corsair Vengeance RGB / nVidia RTX 3090 FE / Sabrent Rocket 4.0 500G / Noctua NH-D15S Chromax.Black / Lian-li O11 Dynamic XL RoG Certified / Corsair AX1500i
Secondary PC : Asus R5E / Intel i7 5930K / 16 Go 2800 Mhz C16 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 / Asus GTX 980 Poseidon / Samsung 850 Pro 256G / XSPC W/C / Cooler Master Cosmos 2 / FSP Hydro G Pro 850

Shenny wrote:

I went back to 4021 from the new bios using EZ flash with no issue. Using the exact same settings on the new bios I lost over 3k in cinebench, my 5900X never went above 4950 single core, 4250 multicore... nuts. Back on 4021 and EXACT same bios settings I am back to 5150 single core, 4650 average in multicore. CB23 back to 22000-23000 from the 20000-19900 I was getting on the new bios.

schmak wrote:
I went back to 4021 from the new bios using EZ flash with no issue. Using the exact same settings on the new bios I lost over 3k in cinebench, my 5900X never went above 4950 single core, 4250 multicore... nuts. Back on 4021 and EXACT same bios settings I am back to 5150 single core, 4650 average in multicore. CB23 back to 22000-23000 from the 20000-19900 I was getting on the new bios.

+1. New BIOS 4403 is stable but it gives you lower performance than 4021, but a bit better than 4203.

splash90 wrote:
+1. New BIOS 4403 is stable but it gives you lower performance than 4021, but a bit better than 4203.

agree, i haven´t encountered any boot error ( D8 ) or anything bad with 4403 bios.

HunterKillerAU
Level 7
I did an R23 benchmark and it beat my previous results by only a ~200 (14467pts) although the thing is my old score I had my setup as follows PPT @135W, TDC @ 85A and EDC @ 125W and Vcore -0.05v.

The new test, I set PPT @125W, TDC @ 85A and EDC @ 115W and Vcore -0.05v

5800X 3600Mhz CL16.
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - AMD 5800X - MSI RTX380ti Ventus OC - 32GB G.Skill 3600CL16 - Samsung 980Pro 1TB+2TB M.2

Shenny
Level 11
After flashing and comparing the benchmark results immediately before and after the update, I can say that 4403 is probably the worst BIOS in terms of performance!
My CR20 result is down by 100 pts, CR23 - by almost 400 pts and the TimeSpy Extreme test score in 3D Mark (which so far remained unaffected by the latest BIOS updates) is down by 40-50 pts.
AMD are either trying to play it safe by using more conservative algorithms for PBO or there is some degradation in their code.

The only reasons to stay with the new BIOS is because I have no experience with the BIOS flashback process (some people here are complaining that it has stopped working) plus I still hope that the new BIOS is bringing other improvements in stability and fixes although it is necessary several more weeks to pass to verify that.

By the way, for those that are holding off their upgrade to Win 11 and were waiting for the fTPM fix coming with this release, I can say that I am on Win 11 for several months now and did not experience any issue. So for me the update to this BIOS is not a must to install Win 11.

Shenny wrote:

By the way, for those that are holding off their upgrade to Win 11 and were waiting for the fTPM fix coming with this release, I can say that I am on Win 11 for several months now and did not experience any issue. So for me the update to this BIOS is not a must to install Win 11.

I have had the ftpm on since the day I've bought this board with windows 10 and I had this stuttering, not all the time but it was there at random times.
With this bios the ftpm stutter has been solved. Other than the stuttering even with bioses that didn't support windows 11 the board was running great for me. Great with the exception of the occasional ftpm stuttering.
So people who are holding back for the ftpm stuttering, if this is their only reason, they should think of upgrading. For me there are other reasons for NOT wanting to have windows 11 (although I am running them since their first leaked version), for example I hate programs running in icons and not full labeled and to be in groups. Working with multiple excel(for example) files opened and needing to go from one to the other is real pain in @$$! In every windows I had the taskbar was always without programs grouping! Also the drag&drop from folders to the taskbar is a no no on windows 11. Those are the reasons for me for not wanting to go to 11 not the ftpm stuttering!

I was reading all the posts for performance loss, I don't remember mine prior and after to compare and pile on with you guys 😞
Overall for me this bios (although I am still on beta and not the final) is a positive experience. As AM4 died, we shouldn't expect any newer bioses?
For my next pc I think I will go with MSI mobo, at least on their mobos they seem to support much better than Asus

comfuzio13 wrote:
I was reading all the posts for performance loss, I don't remember mine prior and after to compare and pile on with you guys 😞
Overall for me this bios (although I am still on beta and not the final) is a positive experience. As AM4 died, we shouldn't expect any newer bioses?
For my next pc I think I will go with MSI mobo, at least on their mobos they seem to support much better than Asus

Like AMD said the AM4 will sill live for years to come, and by that it doesn't mean there will new chips (CPUs) but there will be new BIOS versions, because there's still things to address, especially for Ryzen 3000 owners (not that everything's perfect for Ryzen 5000 owners)
And BTW I'm following the BIOS support very closely between brands, they're all releasing new versions on the same period, (few days at most) between them, I saw that there's more BIOS updates on High-End Motherboards, and the BIOS 4403 for the Strix X570-E Gaming went from beta to stable (it's the same file/version)
Main PC : Asus C8HW / AMD Ryzen 9 3900x / 32 Go 3000 Mhz C15 Corsair Vengeance RGB / nVidia RTX 3090 FE / Sabrent Rocket 4.0 500G / Noctua NH-D15S Chromax.Black / Lian-li O11 Dynamic XL RoG Certified / Corsair AX1500i
Secondary PC : Asus R5E / Intel i7 5930K / 16 Go 2800 Mhz C16 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 / Asus GTX 980 Poseidon / Samsung 850 Pro 256G / XSPC W/C / Cooler Master Cosmos 2 / FSP Hydro G Pro 850