cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

Robbie65
Level 7
A new Beta Bios version 4203 is available for download !

Erwin05
Level 10
ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING BIOS 4203
"Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.6b

Erwin05 wrote:
ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING BIOS 4203
"Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.6b

That's big version jump! Anyone tested?

RyQril wrote:
That's a big version jump! Anyone tested?

It's not on the N/A site yet but I probably won't anyway because it's beta and my issues may not be related to the bios.

knt
Level 7
If anyone in the UK looking for it on the UK site, it hasn't been updated with the new beta bios.

You can download it from the US site.

Dude1070
Level 8
I downloaded it, will give it a try soon

I flashed to Version 4203 and my 5800x is staying around 4.5 to 4.775 thats at idol there some new features that they done in PBO and idol my temps are around 77c

RyQril
Level 7
Ok guys I'm impressed with the new beta. Been testing and playing games after i set my usual configuration for 3950x.

PBO enabled-Auto
Fmax enabled
CPU current @120% - LLC @Level3
SOC current @120% - LLC @Level2
Manual RAM non DOCP @3200 16cl 1.35v
The rest on default/auto

On cinebench R23 got huge bump about 1188 points!! From 24250 to 25438! And on cinbench R20 (9901) 300 points more with the same configuration. All cores @4280mhz 1.28v on full load, temps didn't go above 71c on 10mins throttle test. And i can say they enhanced PBO.

ForkWNY
Level 8
Has anyone had issues with the 4203 BIOS booting after shutdown or restart? After a shutdown or restart, sometimes I won't get video or the BIOS will boot into recovery mode on its own. Hitting the reset button gets my system booted normally without issues. Have no idea what's causing it, never had any problems booting up until this BIOS version. Otherwise it seems to run fine, performance is good.

Manckosy
Level 7
Well i jumed from 4002 with a own undervolt config (curved per each core) to 4203.. (fTPM always in use).

With 4203 I did many benches at stock settings and some with first undervolting settings (i do undervolting because my 5800x is really Hot and mostly I do keep my performancelevel while getting better temps from undervolting...).

I'm disappointed! The Stockresults are still very hot (even with a very expensive custom waterloop) and therefore the stockresults aren't really better (in my opinion). Thats all in the margin of error and tolerances. When do i get a Bios, that brings me nice Performance with nice temps?! How long do i have to do ASUSs and AMDs job by myself? I'm a noob but with just a few settings I get the same performance with lower temps... That shouldn't be so easy 😞
I think Asus and AMD could of have done more for me as a customer! 😞

Here my OC changelog with the newest benches...

I will keep testing and optimizing my current undervolting config to increase power a bit... because AMD and Asus did not do this jet ^^
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 6800 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM CL16 - EKWB Custom Loop - 2x HP X27i 2K - Div. M.2 SSD's