cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

comfuzio13
Level 7
The past few days I can't get to start the PC from cold boot, always gives an error and I have force shutdown and start it again, then it runs ok.

comfuzio13 wrote:
The past few days I can't get to start the PC from cold boot, always gives an error and I have force shutdown and start it again, then it runs ok.

We need way more information.

TheLastElite wrote:
We need way more information.

Yeah sorry, I am getting perhaps 1/3 of the cold boots the 8d error and the PC will stay like that forever until I manually restart it.
Maybe 1/10 of the restarts I am doing I might get the same error and the PC won't enter the O/S.
Now I am using 4021 bios which is the latest for this board but 2 agesa versions behind the world (shame on you Asus! MSI will definitely be my next board),
I am using PBO and have DOCP enabled for my ram, Recently I have enabled the resizable bar because I've got an RTX 3080 ti

Anilman92
Level 7
Update to the newest bios
Set bios to default manually.

DONT use docp
I *cant run my 4xddr4 4166 above 1.35v.
I changed memory to 3600mhz (1800mhz 1:1)

Rebooted and then i worked on the timings.*

My system works normal.

I dont even use pbo or something else.

Current gen cpu's doesn't need any oc except u are using ist 100% for cutting videos.*
The cpu always boost to ~90c with few cores.
all core oc is a different story.

LogiForce
Level 7
Anyone know if the TPM-SPI firmware for the discete ASUS module with Nuvoton chip will have the 7.2.1.0 to 7.2.2.0 update inside of the motherboard BIOS or if there is a way to manualy flash it outside of that?

Windows 11 is reporting that the current 7.2.1.0 firmware is outdated and needs to be updated, and found the latest to be 7.2.2.0 but can't find any download option from ASUS. Does ASUS only offer security hardware without the support, thus offering security holes instead? Should be made a crime if that's the case.

So yeah, does anyone know a bit more about discrete TPM with this motherboard?
Oh and yes, I know in hindsight that there was something like firmware TPM, but since I already bought a discrete module from ASUS for my ASUS motherboard I want to use it for obvious reasons. Also it's obvious to expect firmware upkeep when companies sell these specific security devices.

Anilman92
Level 7
I only use the onboard TPM
Why should u use a dedicated tpm module?!
Im running win11 and all of my games run much better then win10
Ryzen 5950x 32gb (8gb x 4) at 3600mhz.
I dont have any problems with hdr

But the audio solutions dts x and dolby atmos sometimes doesn't work so i have to switch from dts to dolby atmos or back xD*

MKEEN
Level 9
Asus are an absolute joke at this point, where's the bios update's ASUS!?

knt
Level 7
Probably due to the Chinese New Year celebrations, releases will be pushed back for a few weeks.

Shenny
Level 11
Well, hope dies last but I am skeptical. it seems that nowadays ASUS provide extended level of support only for their most premium boards like Crosshair VIII. If you want more, you pay more!

Shenny wrote:
Well, hope dies last but I am skeptical. it seems that nowadays ASUS provide extended level of support only for their most premium boards like Crosshair VIII. If you want more, you pay more!

Seems like it! I spent £200 on my board, you would expect better TBH, ASUS and their bios rollouts/updates are a joke, and not a funny one.