cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

Shenny
Level 11
Given the latest announcement from AMD about their new processor 5800X3D, I expect that ASUS will at least release a BIOS that supports the new CPU. It would be a shame if they deny us this opportunity.

Hi!

I've purchased a new gaming setup with:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: RX 6900XT XFX Gaming 16GB Black
PSU: Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular 1000 Watt
SSD: WD_BLACK SN850 2TB NVMe
RAM: Corsair Vengeance CMH32GX4M2D3600C18 RGB Pro
Motherboard:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard, AMD Socket AM4, Ryzen 3000

After connecting everything, I'm not getting any video on the monitor.

- I've tried disconnecting everything and reconnecting it again.
- I changed the motherboard and CPU for another one assuming something was faulty.
- Left only one memory on A2 slot
- Removed the battery to reset the BIOS
- Flash update the BIOS using a USB stick with the latest version

And every single time it gets stuck on Q-Code 02. I'm running out of ideas I really like the motherboard but I'm about to give up and go with another brand.

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT:
The graphic card had a switch very hidden close to the power supply that needed to be ON. This was my first build so I guess it was a rookie mistake.

gabolop wrote:
Hi!

Motherboard:

- I changed the motherboard and CPU for another one assuming something was faulty.

And every single time it gets stuck on Q-Code 02. I'm running out of ideas I really like the motherboard but I'm about to give up and go with another brand.

Asus Q-code 02= AP initialization before microcode loading .

Try a different hdmi/ displayport cable.
The RX 6900XT= HDMI 2.1 and displayport version 1.4

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?113144-Crosshair-VIII-Formula-will-not-post-HDD-Code-02-Po...

Edit: that is a Bios switch.

gabolop wrote:
Hi!

Motherboard:

EDIT:
The graphic card had a switch very hidden close to the power supply that needed to be ON. This was my first build so I guess it was a rookie mistake.

Check what BIOS the mobo shipped with ...

Harder to do with no video, but IIRC it should be written on a sticker both on the box and on the mobo itself.

When I first got my board about a year ago, it had been on the shop shelf for a month or two - essentially it was loaded with a BIOS that did not recognise the Ryzen 5xxx CPU's.

I used another PC to get the latest BIOS, did the BIOS flashback. and then I could get in and start tweaking.

I hope this helps ...

Cheers

Doogz

RyQril
Level 7
Hey guys, Whats the last "stable" bios version for ryzen 3000 before all the headache problems came in for 5000 series? I have 3950x CPU.

Been having problems and BSOD with PBO and offset voltage and DOCP OC RAM profile.

With default settings no OC at all not even the RAMs i try to offset cpu votl to -0.05. It boots up alright but on heavy load like Cinebench i get 1.17v on cpu readings (svi2 tfn) with low clocks about 3.8GHz.

I tried another option on the bios just a manual OC with Per CCX and manual volt on 1.27v and still reads it 1.1~v! it driving me crazy i have been on stock settings with no DOCP for a long time after the latest bios update. I just want a stable bios version without all the additional BS for ryzen 5000 as i dont need it.

RyQril wrote:
Hey guys, Whats the last "stable" bios version for ryzen 3000 before all the headache problems came in for 5000 series? I have 3950x CPU.

Been having problems and BSOD with PBO and offset voltage and DOCP OC RAM profile.

With default settings no OC at all not even the RAMs i try to offset cpu votl to -0.05. It boots up alright but on heavy load like Cinebench i get 1.17v on cpu readings (svi2 tfn) with low clocks about 3.8GHz.

I tried another option on the bios just a manual OC with Per CCX and manual volt on 1.27v and still reads it 1.1~v! it driving me crazy i have been on stock settings with no DOCP for a long time after the latest bios update. I just want a stable bios version without all the additional BS for ryzen 5000 as i dont need it.

Whatever bios release says it was for the 5000 series use the one before that.

TheLastElite wrote:
Whatever bios release says it was for the 5000 series use the one before that.

Thats version 2606 which is from august 2020.. that way back? Will it affect the board going back from the newest bios?

RyQril wrote:
Thats version 2606 which is from august 2020.. that way back? Will it affect the board going back from the newest bios?

Well for me and my 5800x the 4000 series bios seems to have started some DOCP issues for me.

You may have to try different bios versions to see what works. Asus should be releasing a new bios version soon but I have no idea when, maybe just wait for that?

TheLastElite wrote:
Asus should be releasing a new bios version soon but I have no idea when, maybe just wait for that?

I don't find this for certainty. ASUS have not released any BIOS since August. They released a new one for Crosshair VIII a month ago, that's true, and I am wondering what takes them so long to do the same for our mobo if they have any plans for it (even if we consider the holiday season).

Anyway, it doesn't hurt to try the old recommended BIOS now and wait to see what are the comments about the new one if it gets released at all.

Dan69
Level 8
Welp. Seems ASUS have given up on this board and moved onto others. Probably won't see an update until the end of 2022.