cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

schmak wrote:
Why do you need 4005 for Windows 11? I am on 3405 and it works fine, only need fast boot and fTPM?

I thought it would be helpful, but they pre-applied what is needed for W11. My machine doesn't like to go with newer windows, no matter what I do...
Anyway, old bios, new bios, same story on my end.

Updated from 4002 to 4005 and have had no issues so far. This is on a 3 months old new build that has been stable from the get go. Was already running Windows 11 (beta channel) before updating to 4005. The 9E code still displays that doesn't bother me.

kush_ wrote:
I tried 4005 bios so I could upgrade to W11, but it fails on my end. Keep getting BSOD "process1_initialization_failed"

Just wait for next update to Windows 11, currently version is 22000.132. Some users face this issue and it's known to MS.
This is link to Windows Feedback with issue - https://aka.ms/AAdhr0t

splash90
Level 7
I installed 4010 for a ROG Strix X570-F from the day it was launched and I had no problems so far, rock stable. My machine is a 5900X at default settings and 64 GB DDR4-3200.

RedSector73
Level 12
This issue happened with Ryzen Master triggering D3 to display, was nothing then (for me anyway). Not sure if that is related or just another random event, some ppl had it and others did not.

Sinistercr0c
Level 8
I don't use Ryzen Master or have an Nvidia GPU and I have the D3 code on my motherboard so this is nothing to do with either of those software components. I suspect its something to do with the BIOS level and Radeon software. I am on BIOS 4002 (X570 ROG Strix Gaming E) and Radeon v21.5.2 (R9 280x so cannot upgrade further).

simeongg
Level 8
There is new versions of official drivers, they are for "ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME", latest x570 Asus board, but should work for x570-E too.
Specially I am after new versions of RamCacheV1.01.10 and sound drivers. :]

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-extreme-model/helpdesk_download

Also should expect BIOS with AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch C 🙂

simeongg wrote:
There is new versions of official drivers, they are for "ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME", latest x570 Asus board, but should work for x570-E too.
Specially I am after new versions of RamCacheV1.01.10 and sound drivers. :]

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-extreme-model/helpdesk_download

Also should expect BIOS with AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch C 🙂

Do you know if the audio driver works on the X570-E?

Its one thing im not happy with on this mobo.
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - AMD 5800X - MSI RTX380ti Ventus OC - 32GB G.Skill 3600CL16 - Samsung 980Pro 1TB+2TB M.2

Doogz
Level 7
ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING BIOS 4021 is now up on the Support page, with:

1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch C

And our old favourite:

2. Improve system performance

@ASUS, will you ever tell us actually how you improve system performance??

Cheers

Doogz

simeongg
Level 8
Usually they improve compatibility with better default options and fix issues, that have in previous BIOS. For example, when I load saved settings from old BIOS to new one, I see changes in options list, that I never touch. It's just my suggestion ofc 🙂