cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
256 Views
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

Swallowtail23
Level 7
4010 won't apply for me, either from BIOS flash tool or through EZ Update. In BIOS Flash tools it tells me that "selected file is not a uefi bios". I've re-downloaded to make sure, but it's a no-go for me on my X570E Gaming.

Swallowtail23
Level 7
OK, got it applied... for some reason it's *now* not wanting to update from my NTFS formatted disk, although all other previous ones have OK... go figure.

But... with 4010 I cannot get my 64GB of GSkill F4-3600C16-16GTZR to run at 3600. With DOCP set in BIOS to 3600, CPU-Z tells me that the RAM is only running at 1066, not 1800. I've re-flashed 4002 and it will run at 1800 / 3600 OK, so it's back on 4002.

Swallowtail23 wrote:
OK, got it applied... for some reason it's *now* not wanting to update from my NTFS formatted disk, although all other previous ones have OK... go figure.

But... with 4010 I cannot get my 64GB of GSkill F4-3600C16-16GTZR to run at 3600. With DOCP set in BIOS to 3600, CPU-Z tells me that the RAM is only running at 1066, not 1800. I've re-flashed 4002 and it will run at 1800 / 3600 OK, so it's back on 4002.


That's why it's beta! Btw, I find 4002 quite stable for me. The sporadic cold boot problems that I had with previous versions seem to be gone. Not considering a flash until the next stable version.

finnstop
Level 7
Darn it....after all the trials and testing the past handful of days I now cannot recall if it was the 2 suggested vddg settings posted earlier or if it was the global c-state disabled setting which still had me experience an unexpected blue-screen crash. On yet another occasion one of the settings resulted in repeatable ram test errors (Not sure cstate disabled or the vddg's). Kicking myself for not writing down which setting resulted in which problem before coming to my current settings noted below.


Now I am on 4010 (after clearing cmos via jumper the loading BIOS defaults) and after a few days with disabled global c-state AND both vddg settings to .950. No crashes, no RAM test errors, no WHEA errors....knock on wood.

finnstop wrote:
Darn it....after all the trials and testing the past handful of days I now cannot recall if it was the 2 suggested vddg settings posted earlier or if it was the global c-state disabled setting which still had me experience an unexpected blue-screen crash. On yet another occasion one of the settings resulted in repeatable ram test errors (Not sure cstate disabled or the vddg's). Kicking myself for not writing down which setting resulted in which problem before coming to my current settings noted below.


Now I am on 4010 (after clearing cmos via jumper the loading BIOS defaults) and after a few days with disabled global c-state AND both vddg settings to .950. No crashes, no RAM test errors, no WHEA errors....knock on wood.


Update: Had an unexpected crash about a week and a half ago and noticed a few WHEA (corrected) errors in the event logs too. Decided to try out different settings and since then I have not had any issue whatsoever. This while operating through a variety of workloads including things like gaming, photo editing and file copying as well as many sustained periods of idle inactivity. This has been the longest stretch yet of no issues of any kind on a post-2606 BIOS.

I'd like to share here some key settings that worked for me. I'm running a 3950x with 32GB of B-die ram (See my hardware specs in my profile). I have tagged the ones changed since 2606 with an *

BIOS: 4010

Ai Overclock Tuner [Manual]
BCLK Frequency [100.0000]
SB Clock Spread Spectrum [Disabled]
Performance Enhancer [Default]
Memory Frequency [DDR4-3733MHz]
FCLK Frequency [1866MHz]
Performance Bias [Auto]
*PBO Fmax Enhancer [Enabled] - Previously disabled and decided to give it a try
*Precision Boost Overdrive [Enabled] - Previously set to manual with manual values for PPT, TDC and EDC limits
*Precision Boost Overdrive Scalar [Auto] - Previously set to 8X
*Max CPU Boost Clock Override [Auto] - Previously set to 200MHz
Platform Thermal Throttle Limit [Auto]
*VDDCR SOC Voltage [Manual] - Previously set to Auto
*VDDCR SOC Voltage Override [1.10000]
*DRAM Voltage [1.42000] - Previously set to 1.41
*VDDG CCD Voltage Control [1.050] - Previously set to Auto
*VDDG IOD Voltage Control [0.950] - Previously set to Auto
*CLDO VDDP Voltage [0.900] - Previously set to Auto
Global C-state Control [Auto]

Thanks to others for suggestions and ideas. I hope this can also be of help to someone.

Shenny
Level 11
New BIOS 4005 available with support for "WIN 11 installed or upgraded". Since I am still with Win10, I wonder whether this change deserves to try the new BIOS out.
Any impressions from others? 🙂

Shenny wrote:
New BIOS 4005 available with support for "WIN 11 installed or upgraded". Since I am still with Win10, I wonder whether this change deserves to try the new BIOS out.
Any impressions from others? 🙂


I can see a 4005 for ROG Strix X570-I Gaming but not for X570-E Gaming. Where are you getting X570-E Gaming BIOS 4005 from?

Swallowtail23 wrote:
I can see a 4005 for ROG Strix X570-I Gaming but not for X570-E Gaming. Where are you getting X570-E Gaming BIOS 4005 from?


It's there!


89557

You just gotta expand the drop down menu to show all downloads, otherwise it just shows the first one on the list.

I too am waiting for something more stable, as I still have USB issues on my X-570e Gaming with a 5900x CPU.

Cheers

Doogz

kush_
Level 9
I tried 4005 bios so I could upgrade to W11, but it fails on my end. Keep getting BSOD "process1_initialization_failed"

kush_ wrote:
I tried 4005 bios so I could upgrade to W11, but it fails on my end. Keep getting BSOD "process1_initialization_failed"


Why do you need 4005 for Windows 11? I am on 3405 and it works fine, only need fast boot and fTPM?