cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

I also get the reconnection sound.

No issue since yesterday with port n° 3, our discussion may have lifted the curse

Installed bios 4002 an hour ago (from 3603) and so far no issues to report. I ran CineBench R23 with the multi core score @ 20606 (3603 score was 20707). This is within the margin of error. The max CPU temp ( Ryzen 5900X) using a Noctua D15s was 55 celsius max. The ambient temp was 18 C.

I have never had the usb issues many have had on this 2 month old system.

3801 have been so incredibly stable so far I'm not even sure I should try 4002. No random "black screen of death" (needed to press reset) few minute after boot, wlan card no longer randomly crash, pcie-e sound card doesn't channel swap anymore.

I'll probably try it with a backup of config and 3801 in hand, do you just run Cinebench before/after to see how it goes ?

Look like we should expect a "'1.2.0.3 Patch B" sooner or later for some lasting usb issue with Ryzen 5 but I'm on a 3700x so I'm directly concerned.

for me switching from 3603 to 4002 caused issues with system stability (random Metro Exodus, Epic Games Launcher crashes and errors on Prime95's Large FFTs test), currently using 5900X and G.SKILL F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC 64GB kit (was stable on 3603), now flashed back to 3604 and no errors so far, but still testing...

4002 bios flashed.

And i have boot and reboot problem with 3900x and 2x8gb G.SKILL ripjaws cl 16.

Random destop reboots are back= computer restart when doing nothing

Problem with cold starts= Very often i get " 8d error " when starting hte computer

Algent wrote:
3801 have been so incredibly stable so far I'm not even sure I should try 4002. No random "black screen of death" (needed to press reset) few minute after boot, wlan card no longer randomly crash, pcie-e sound card doesn't channel swap anymore.

I'll probably try it with a backup of config and 3801 in hand, do you just run Cinebench before/after to see how it goes ?

Look like we should expect a "'1.2.0.3 Patch B" sooner or later for some lasting usb issue with Ryzen 5 but I'm on a 3700x so I'm directly concerned.

Well.. this stability didn't last long

First I'll write down my setup:
Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming | Ryzen 7 3700X | 4*4GB (32GB)Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G36C16U4W DDR4-3600 | RTX 3090 FE | SSD SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-1TB | Seasonic prime px-750 | Creative BlasterX AE-5 Plus |

It was stable with 3801 until the start of August and while I didn't change a thing I started to crash again.
It seem to happen more when I'm idling than when I'm running intensive load, usually soon after boot.
First once every few days then for the last 10 days when it's start happening it's like 5 times in a row until it calm down.

Same type of crash as before, both monitor turn off and while computer doesn't shutdown it's clearly in a failed state. Sometimes the picture stay one but frozen. If sound was playing it still work for a few seconds, maybe because I use a sound card.
Even had it happen on the bios.
It doesn't output any error in event log aside from the basic "kernel-power" because of brutal reboot.

I tried to update to 4002 and later 4021 but it didn't improve anything. Actually feel it got worse.

Then ran memtest from an usb, first time it froze after 2sec (no error) then second time it finished whole pass and found nothing.
I tried to use half and then single ram stick but no improvement on stability.

Tried to disable DOCP, global c-state, PBO, no luck.
Found some stuff about adding 0.01V offeset to vcore or to ram, same thing.

Being completely out of idea I grabbed a Ryzen 7 5800X on sunday (got a month to return it) and... it still crash like crazy.

Out of desperation I went back to 3801 (I need AGESA 1.2.0.2 or I get other issues), it crashed a bunch of time at first then... it got more stable again somehow, only a couple crash since then instead of a dozen.

I'm really confused on what is wrong.
Since it can happen even on bios it rule out any high level software. If it was the CPU it should be good now.
GPU is possible but sound unlikely since I already had it replaced after first one was dead on arrival (Yes i'm very unlucky whith hardware).

I'm starting to think i have a bad motherboard, but it's not like I can prove it or rma it without another one on hand. I guess I need to go to the store again unless someone reading this got an idea.

Cybersim
Level 7
Hi. I've on the bios 3405, Du still bios 4002 causes random reboots shutdowns on Ryzen 3000?

Dan69
Level 8
Still cant hit 1800 FCLK with 3600MHz ram even on the latest bios version. Just turning XMP profile on causes Qcode 07 (failed memory timings). However it boots fine with 1700MHz FCLK. Happened after >3000 version of the BIOS. G.SKill 2x32GB 18c sticks.

3950x
Anyone else face this issue?

Dan69 wrote:
Still cant hit 1800 FCLK with 3600MHz ram even on the latest bios version. Just turning XMP profile on causes Qcode 07 (failed memory timings). However it boots fine with 1700MHz FCLK. Happened after >3000 version of the BIOS. G.SKill 2x32GB 18c sticks.

3950x
Anyone else face this issue?

That's strange. I've on 4002 bios. docp working fine. G.Skill 2x16GB, 16cl sticks. 1800 FCLK
Ryzen 3700x. And no catch random idle shutdowns so far.

Cybersim wrote:
That's strange. I've on 4002 bios. docp working fine. G.Skill 2x16GB, 16cl sticks. 1800 FCLK
Ryzen 3700x. And no catch random idle shutdowns so far.

It's not strange at all. He's using 32Gb sticks and you are using 16GB sticks, that's a HUGE difference. 16Gb sticks can run 3800mhz and 4000mhz if yer really good or lucky. 32Gb sticks will do around 3400mhz or 1700 fclk at best.