cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

I updated to 3801 and it seems to be good so far although i've never had an issue with any BIOS since 11/2020.

I did a cinebench r23 benchmark and it runs a little bit slower than the 3201/2 BIOS's. It does seem the scores are a little lesser than the scores on the older BIOS, but not by much though.
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - AMD 5800X - MSI RTX380ti Ventus OC - 32GB G.Skill 3600CL16 - Samsung 980Pro 1TB+2TB M.2

Bios 3000+ no longer posts with my Ryzen 3950X with FCLK at 1800MHz to match my 3600MHz memory. A workaround I've had to implement is setting my FCLK to 1600MHz. CPU would fail to post code 3X and 2X before remaining on "07" which is failed memory timing.

I am currently running 3801. Additionally, Resizeable BAR support does not show up for me and is still showing as "No" in NVIDIA Control Panel even with the latest VBios running on my 3090.

Specs:
CPU : Ryzen 3950X
Motherboard: ASUS X570-E
GPU: ASUS Strix ROG OC 3090
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 64gb (2x32GB)

Similar issue faced on other board manufacturers: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/msi-x570-xmp-problems-with-with-ryzen-5000-series.3659859/

There are many things to check for Resizable BAR to be active :

• you have to install latest Nvidia drivers
  • you have to upgrade to a valid BIOS that supports BAR
  • you have to upgrade your vBIOS
  • inside BIOS, you have to : above 4G decoding : ON / resize BAR : ON / CSM : OFF / Secure Boot : Windows UEFI
  • and last but not least, your boot drive must be GPT (not MBR) ... previously, if you were with CSM : ON and a MBR drive, you'll have to convert it to GPT (I had to do this and I used "mbr2gpt" which is a legit tool included with Win10 and it worked like a charm)

dave798
Level 9
my mother board has started showing QCode d3 this will start showing a few minutes after startup when it was initially QCode AA, after checking asus codes it states that it means Some of the architectural protocols are not available, but what does that actually mean in laymans terms?, only change made was updating AMD display driver 6900xt and I dont really want to roll back to previous driver as this latest one has fixes i need for other problems. TIA for any and all advice

dave798 wrote:
my mother board has started showing QCode d3 this will start showing a few minutes after startup when it was initially QCode AA, after checking asus codes it states that it means Some of the architectural protocols are not available, but what does that actually mean in laymans terms?, only change made was updating AMD display driver 6900xt and I dont really want to roll back to previous driver as this latest one has fixes i need for other problems. TIA for any and all advice

Try reseating your ram, I get the 0d all the time, if I take out my RAM, reseat it, it works fine. It seems the board is picky if something is moved or jostled in the case. As an example I replaced my NVME drive on Friday, that's all I did, but had to take the GPU out to do it because of the heatsink, and woudln't ya know. 0d and AA codes. Powered down, reseated the RAM, and booted back up without issue.

schmak wrote:
Try reseating your ram, I get the 0d all the time, if I take out my RAM, reseat it, it works fine. It seems the board is picky if something is moved or jostled in the case. As an example I replaced my NVME drive on Friday, that's all I did, but had to take the GPU out to do it because of the heatsink, and woudln't ya know. 0d and AA codes. Powered down, reseated the RAM, and booted back up without issue.

I tried reseating RAM without success, I have now found the culprit for the d3 error, it was the latest AMD adrenaline driver, when rolled back the error disappeared.
Thanks

Anyone else using the 3801 BIOS on X570-E, could confirm if Spread Spectrum is getting disabled?

On previous non-beta BIOS disabling Spread Spectrum would give 100MHz BCLK; now on 3801 with the same configuration applied (same settings applied manually, not via profile), BCLK is around 99.1MHz~99.5MHz.

I am using the 3801 BIOS on X570-E. System stable.

I have two problem:

Only Aura Sync doesn't work. Armory Create, Aura Create don't recognize motherboard. I am using G-Skill Trident RGB rams and Aura sync recognize rams.

Other problem M.2 Fan control lost in 3603 bios update. 3801 bios update same. M.2 Fan control N/A on AÄ° Suite 3.

gorkss wrote:
I am using the 3801 BIOS on X570-E. System stable.

I have two problem:

Only Aura Sync doesn't work. Armory Create, Aura Create don't recognize motherboard. I am using G-Skill Trident RGB rams and Aura sync recognize rams.

Other problem M.2 Fan control lost in 3603 bios update. 3801 bios update same. M.2 Fan control N/A on AÄ° Suite 3.

Try using the bios flashback. I thought I bricked my board when I restarted after the bios update because it does an LED firmware update right after that. I've also found that if you want a clean bios update, it's really the only way to go.

Love how Asus puts that on almost every board now, probably saves them a **** ton in RMA costs.

schmak wrote:
Try using the bios flashback.... I've also found that if you want a clean bios update, it's really the only way to go.

Love how Asus puts that on almost every board now, probably saves them a **** ton in RMA costs.

What do you mean by clean BIOS update? Does it also reset your CMOS settings?
For me, the BIOS flashback is necessary if the normal update has failed in the middle or the old BIOS does not support your brandnew CPU and you have to update it somehow.