cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

Migz-DH wrote:
I don't recall exactly. I did that back in Oct, because the temps scared me.
Regarding FreakyPriest's comment, for me, I want to say that it was much more than just 1-5C with the RTX 3080 running.

I removed the fan shroud with these results.

With shroud - 59-60C, PCH fan 1300-2300RPM
Without shroud - 55C, PCH fan does not need to run. If I go to 56C and above the fan will kick in, starting at a very low rate ~350RPM.

So basically whist the headline temp seems to only be a few degrees better the load is actually improved since the PCH fan is not needed now.

I have a TUF Gaming x570-Pro and PCH temp on there is between 47-49C. The PCH fan never comes on. That fan is a better design with no shroud blocking the air.

quasimodo18 wrote:

I have a TUF Gaming x570-Pro and PCH temp on there is between 47-49C. The PCH fan never comes on. That fan is a better design with no shroud blocking the air.

It's interesting that we have such different results. I've got the X570-E Gaming and my PCH fan is always running. RPM is between 2000 and 3500. The usage of my PCI-E Gen 4 SSD might make a difference. But the fan never stops, no matter how low I can get the temps.

FreakyPriest wrote:
It's interesting that we have such different results. I've got the X570-E Gaming and my PCH fan is always running. RPM is between 2000 and 3500. The usage of my PCI-E Gen 4 SSD might make a difference. But the fan never stops, no matter how low I can get the temps.

I have a PCI-E Gen 4 NVMe also. Weird.

Tried Bios 3602 because it got good feedback here.
Got it to run with D.O.C.P 3600MHZ CL16 but Memtest spewed Errors after only a couple minutes of Testing.
Seems all the newer Bioses are not geared for 3000-Series anymore (using a 3700x).
I'm Staying with the 2802 Bios as it is the last one that gives decent Performance. The same configuration 3600mhz cl16 that spewed tens of errors in the first minutes of memtest, lasted about 3 hours and 200% on memtest without even one single error. I don't know what they changed regarding RAM, but it was for sure not "Improved Ram Stability". I found the opposite...
Since I can neither buy a GPU or CPU at the moment I don't need the new Features anyway. Maybe in two Years I can grab a 5900x from the Sale-Table and then the newer Bioses might (emphasis on might) even work...

Zapan90 wrote:
Tried Bios 3602 because it got good feedback here.
Got it to run with D.O.C.P 3600MHZ CL16 but Memtest spewed Errors after only a couple minutes of Testing.
Seems all the newer Bioses are not geared for 3000-Series anymore (using a 3700x).

I also suspect that ASUS was only testing the new BIOSes with the new CPUs. I'm currently testing my board with a 5900X. No crash so far but I need to observe this for a day or two.

I was able to stabilize my RAM and prevent the system crashes with my 3950X, though. Try setting the voltage values that I listed a couple of posts above.

I'm running Micron E 3600 ram with a 3700X with bios 3602 and have no random restarts and no memory errors as yet.

Just noticed BIOS 3603 is of avail now (BETA), think I'll wait as it should only be days before another update/release with the new AGESA update in April.

5900X is rock stable with 3600 MHz D.O.C.P..

I was testing aiming towards 4000 MHz but was greatly disappointed. With a lot of tinkering 3800 MHz seems possible everything above does not even POST. My benchmarking showed that lower latencies are better than higher clocks. I tested 3600 MHz CL16 vs 3800 MHz CL 18.

Means, I return my 4000 MHz CL 18 RAM and keen my 5 year old 3600 MHz Samsung B-dies.

Even though, it does no longer affect me, I still hate it that the new BIOS breaks compatibility for Zen 2 CPUs with reasonable RAM clocks without having to raise voltages.

FreakyPriest wrote:

I've had this issue for a while. In the bios, it's called a PCH fan, but in Q fan in the bios it's called an M.2 fan but even although it lets you tweak the graph it does nothing to the fan speed ( please try it ). In fan xpert 4 in windows it doesn't recognise or let you adjust any PCH fan only M.2 and it won't recognise it. Result? Fan at 3000 yet temps 30 degrees. No need, but I cannot change it! Please submit a ticket as they don't believe me I think!

primeshooter wrote:
I've had this issue for a while. In the bios, it's called a PCH fan, but in Q fan in the bios it's called an M.2 fan but even although it lets you tweak the graph it does nothing to the fan speed ( please try it ). In fan xpert 4 in windows it doesn't recognise or let you adjust any PCH fan only M.2 and it won't recognise it. Result? Fan at 3000 yet temps 30 degrees. No need, but I cannot change it! Please submit a ticket as they don't believe me I think!

I just checked that. The Q fan setting called M.2 fan is monitoring and controlling the M.2 fan 4-pin header on the board. You can connect any 3 or 4 pin fan to it. The PCH fan (chipset fan) can only be monitored but not controlled, it does not exist under the Q fan settings.

primeshooter wrote:

Same here, my PCH fan is always between 2000 (at the first start of my pc) and somewhere idles around 2800 afterwards. While gaming, 3100rpm is pretty normal 😄 As far i can remember, the problem was not since the beginning. The high rpm madness came somwhere early 2020?