cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

Shenny wrote:
I personally keep the PBO Fmax Enhancer switched off because when enabled, my score in Cinebench R20 drops significantly, even in the single-threaded test. I noticed it with several BIOS versions and gave up using it at all. I can't comment on its stability for that reason but I don't think that you will lose much if you switch it off.

Fair enough; thanks for the reply. 🙂

Speaking of the ASUS Prime X570-Pro, it still doesn't have support for Precision Boost Overdrive 2 or the Power Curve Optimizer. I wonder how many other X570 boards are still lacking Ryzen 5000 feature support....

My systems is running better under BIOS 3602, not a single random restart etc... Even runs D.C.O.P. memory profile now without issue. I believe we'll see a new BIOS update early April for the new AGESA fix for X570 MBs (meant to fix lots of things, USB issues etcI was reading). I'm running 3700X with Corsair /Micron memory

mitcon wrote:
My systems is running better under BIOS 3602, not a single random restart etc... Even runs D.C.O.P. memory profile now without issue. I believe we'll see a new BIOS update early April for the new AGESA fix for X570 MBs (meant to fix lots of things, USB issues etcI was reading). I'm running 3700X with Corsair /Micron memory

https://community.amd.com/t5/knowledge-base/updated-agesa-coming-for-intermittent-usb-connectivity/t...

3602 here. Seems stable. Running a 3900x and 128GB G skill ram. As previous, PCH fan still at max 3000RPM and not controllable...raised with asus still no fix.

primeshooter wrote:
As previous, PCH fan still at max 3000RPM and not controllable...raised with asus still no fix.

Have you taken off the fan shroud from that fan location yet?
With my RTX 3080's exhaust heat blowing down into that shroud, the chipset got really hot, but by taking off the shroud, it is much cooler, and the fan doesn't run as fast either.

Migz-DH wrote:
With my RTX 3080's exhaust heat blowing down into that shroud, the chipset got really hot, but by taking off the shroud, it is much cooler, and the fan doesn't run as fast either.

No because the problem isn't the temps. The chipset is only at a mere 32 degrees. The fan doesn't need to be in this flat out mode, I would accept higher temps and a lower fan speed - the issue as I've mentioned to ASUS (and other's are affected) is that because it's being called a PCH fan now in the bios, the M.2 fan as it was previously known is now not configurable. It's there but it does nothing, thus fan is running around 3000RPM. This is Q fan in the bios, and fan xpert 4 in windows (asus software) doesn't register the M.2 fan (saying n/a).

Migz-DH wrote:

What temperature benefit did you see by removing the shroud?

quasimodo18 wrote:

I remove the fan cover. Chipset temps are better but its negligible (1-5 C). But somehow the fan speed is now adjusting to temps instead of always being stuck at 3000 RPM. And I can now use the orignal heatsink of my m.2 SSD. Just remove the fan cover, it's an optical gimmick and actually worsening the chipset situation.

quasimodo18 wrote:

I don't recall exactly. I did that back in Oct, because the temps scared me.
Regarding FreakyPriest's comment, for me, I want to say that it was much more than just 1-5C with the RTX 3080 running.