cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

As mentioned by others, I am also having issues on 3405 POSTing with orange LED (DRAM). Pulling the power cord and trying again resolves the issue until it happens again.

So far so good with 3405.

All is stable for me, apart from the PCH fan still being not controllable, although it allows changing the temp. curve in the BIOS, but it looks like it does pretty nothing.Â*

My setup:
- AMD Ryzen 5600X
- 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz XMP enabled (2x16)
- ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
- EVGA FTW3 ULTRA RTX 3080
- PSU: Dark Power Pro 11, 750WÂ*
- 3x HDD
- 1x M.2 NVMEÂ*

KaitenCage wrote:
So far so good with 3405.

All is stable for me, apart from the PCH fan still being not controllable, although it allows changing the temp. curve in the BIOS, but it looks like it does pretty nothing.Â*

My setup:
- AMD Ryzen 5600X
- 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz XMP enabled (2x16)
- ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
- EVGA FTW3 ULTRA RTX 3080
- PSU: Dark Power Pro 11, 750WÂ*
- 3x HDD
- 1x M.2 NVMEÂ*

Same re the PCH fan. Would you be so kind to submit ASUS a a support ticket? The more that mention this the sooner they will fix it, before our PCH fans burn out...

I am getting VGA light intermittently (bios does not like display port cables, they need to fix this also.)

primeshooter wrote:
Same re the PCH fan. Would you be so kind to submit ASUS a a support ticket? The more that mention this the sooner they will fix it, before our PCH fans burn out...

I am getting VGA light intermittently (bios does not like display port cables, they need to fix this also.)

Sure, will do the ASUS support.

Re GPU - I do use DP with no issues so far. Maybe it is something to do with the hardware combination and possibly cables/standard used?

KaitenCage wrote:
Sure, will do the ASUS support.

Re GPU - I do use DP with no issues so far. Maybe it is something to do with the hardware combination and possibly cables/standard used?

Thanks so much it iwll help them fix it quicker if more complain. Re VGA light, it's like anything, certain combos causing issues. I've had it on two diff cables, so it's not the cables. Thanks asus for making me waste money!

My system won't last more than an hour without crashing if I enable any speed higher than stock on the ram I have tried. I have one pair of memory that is supposed to be 3000mhz, I get a WHEA processor crash error after about 20 minutes, sooner if I load a game.

If I run at 2133mhz (stock) I can play most games for hours without issue, but certain games still give WHEA crashes. For example, playing Baldur's Gate 3 on Vulkan give's me a WHEA crash in character creation but not in DX11.

I've tried adjusting ram voltage but it didn't do anything to prevent crashes. I tried adjusting the cpu voltage (I think.) There was a value for SOC Voltage which was default to .975 and I raised it to 1. I've tried a few different tweaks like that and honestly don't know the exact cause of the issue.

I've got the latest X570-E bios 3405, and i've done AMD's chipset driver updater.

I just wanna put down a warning for everyone here using open rgb software that on the x570-e if you run latest open rgb your chipset fan can glitch out and lower causing high chipset temps mine glitched towards 300 rpm sky rocketing to 77c
Edit: correction it completly disables the chipset fan to 0 rpm 300 rpm was just last reported chipset fan rpm

X570 Fella wrote:
My system won't last more than an hour without crashing if I enable any speed higher than stock on the ram I have tried. I have one pair of memory that is supposed to be 3000mhz, I get a WHEA processor crash error after about 20 minutes, sooner if I load a game.

If I run at 2133mhz (stock) I can play most games for hours without issue, but certain games still give WHEA crashes. For example, playing Baldur's Gate 3 on Vulkan give's me a WHEA crash in character creation but not in DX11.

I've tried adjusting ram voltage but it didn't do anything to prevent crashes. I tried adjusting the cpu voltage (I think.) There was a value for SOC Voltage which was default to .975 and I raised it to 1. I've tried a few different tweaks like that and honestly don't know the exact cause of the issue.

I've got the latest X570-E bios 3405, and i've done AMD's chipset driver updater.

I had some random crashes too, for me it was HWINFO causing the reboots in combination with my AMD 6000 GPU. Just in case you use HWINFO - updating to the latest beta build of it fixed it 🙂

cudyyy wrote:
I had some random crashes too, for me it was HWINFO causing the reboots in combination with my AMD 6000 GPU. Just in case you use HWINFO - updating to the latest beta build of it fixed it 🙂

The crashes I get are always marked as WHEA incorrectable errors in the system event viewer.
"A fatal hardware error has occurred.
Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 12 or 14, this number changes between the two sometimes.
The details view of this entry contains further information."

It happens infrequently with my ram running stock 2133mhz, but it does happen randomly some times. I notice I happens after closing games that have a lot of mods installed, also character creation in Baldur's Gate III gives a WHEA crash when running vulkan. I've tried re-seating the CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.

If I set my memory to run with DOCP at 3000mhz I get very frequent WHEA crashes. The memory i'm using is CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 which IS on the ASUS QVL. My goal is to run CMW32GX4M4Z4000C18 which isn't on the QVL but should be able to work, I just don't know the correct timings and voltages etc in BIOS.

Is this just a BIOS error because my hardware is too new? Or should I suspect a bad component?

X570 Fella wrote:
The crashes I get are always marked as WHEA incorrectable errors in the system event viewer.
"A fatal hardware error has occurred.
Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 12 or 14, this number changes between the two sometimes.
The details view of this entry contains further information."

It happens infrequently with my ram running stock 2133mhz, but it does happen randomly some times. I notice I happens after closing games that have a lot of mods installed, also character creation in Baldur's Gate III gives a WHEA crash when running vulkan. I've tried re-seating the CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.

If I set my memory to run with DOCP at 3000mhz I get very frequent WHEA crashes. The memory i'm using is CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 which IS on the ASUS QVL. My goal is to run CMW32GX4M4Z4000C18 which isn't on the QVL but should be able to work, I just don't know the correct timings and voltages etc in BIOS.

Is this just a BIOS error because my hardware is too new? Or should I suspect a bad component?

With such great success with corsair ram, you are doubling down for more?