cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

simeongg wrote:
Anyone have tested unlocked BIOSes from here: https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/threads/asus-x570-strix-series-x570-e-gaming-x570-f-gaming-x57... There is also 3405 version.

Here is added list features:
Flashing and using on your own risk!

• Added VDDP Voltage
    Might be helpful for CPU overclocking
  • Added ASPM Support
    PCIe Energy Saving
  • Added Erp Ready (Strix-E only)
    Energy Saving
  • Unlocked AMD PBS
    Hidden options unlocked
  • Added PCH Temerature
    Shows the PCH Temperature in the Bios
  • Added PCH Fan Control
    Gives you control over the PCH Fan
  • Advanced Fan Settings
    Min and Middle Duty Cycle can be changed to 0%
  • Added Advanced Boot Settings
    Might be helpful for faster boot

Question. Why do asus themselves never say what each mew bios does or fixes? Dropping the fans to a lower cycle looks good but is that an asus bios?

Anilman92
Level 7
Its a modded bios not official
U lose the warranty and u cant copy and paste youre old values to that modded bios.
Just wait for the official updates.
Only for OC its maybe a good thing*

3405 bios works best with new amd chipset driver btw it adressed some stability also, i would say its probably required with thisbios update.

FlufflePuff1337 wrote:
3405 bios works best with new amd chipset driver btw it adressed some stability also, i would say its probably required with thisbios update.

3405 seems okay so far, no restarts or RAM issues so far but early days. However, the M.2 fan is not configurable in this bios version! Try it and see, even although it gives access to the fan curve graph in the bios in Q fan; it does nothing to alter it's speed up or down. It is now calling the chipset fan the PCH fan, but not letting the user select values for it, so it's stuck at 3100RPM for me! (also doesn't work in fan xpert clearly because even the bios is confused so to be expected).

PS I grabbed the chipset driver, still M.2 fan issue...

I just upgraded to 3405 and I immediately ran into issues. My motherboard would no longer recognize my NVME drive as bootable. I have tried going back to 3001 with no luck. It recognizes the drives are connected but they don't show them as bootable an longer.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X (stock clock)
WD Black NVME SN850 2TB

DThornburg wrote:
I just upgraded to 3405 and I immediately ran into issues. My motherboard would no longer recognize my NVME drive as bootable. I have tried going back to 3001 with no luck. It recognizes the drives are connected but they don't show them as bootable an longer.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X (stock clock)
WD Black NVME SN850 2TB

I've seen a lot of people with this bug so far.. pretty lame for a non beta bios. Go to boot order, I think you have to enable it in there somewhere.

Anyone know if the asus stx sound card still works with bios after 1404? im still on 1404 and thinking of upgrading but it seems the latest bios is having problems

No issues with 3405 since it came out with latest chipset drivers im pretty satisfied.

FlufflePuff1337 wrote:
No issues with 3405 since it came out with latest chipset drivers im pretty satisfied.

Good to hear!

For everyone, info so that they can possibly decide to update.

I did update from 3001 to 3405. After that, I reset the settings to default and manually re-entered all my previous ones.
I also carried out Fan Tunning - all fans, including m.2 Fan, are working properly for me.
There was no problem with the m.2 botable disk and other disks, including RAID0, everything started in the correct configuration. There is also no blue screen or any other undesirable and strange behavior on this version of the bios.
My processor is RYZEN 5950. I set the memory to 3866Mhz (as before, I have not tried higher yet) I have 4 DIMMs, 32GB. In IDLE, the CPU has an identical, maybe slightly lower temperature than before.