cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

New_Ninja
Level 7
Im glad i found this thread, GEE! I upgraded video card and power supply and I thought they were the problem, but it started after I updated the bios to 3001 if im not mistaken. I tried a different power supply and problem continued.
I flashbacked to bios 2606 and it seems to be ok now.
new components = evga 3080 FTW3 + corsair 1200w
See specs...

New Ninja wrote:
Im glad i found this thread, GEE! I upgraded video card and power supply and I thought they were the problem, but it started after I updated the bios to 3001 if im not mistaken. I tried a different power supply and problem continued.
I flashbacked to bios 2606 and it seems to be ok now.
new components = evga 3080 FTW3 + corsair 1200w

As an FYI, I have a new 3090FE and after having a lot of issues yesterday, worked out the silly 12 pin GPU/PSU/PCIE adapter Nvidia provides to make these cards work is faulty. Not really necessarily an issue in your case, but shows that it can just be small cheap things that cause an issue on the hardware side. 🙂

New_Ninja
Level 7
Glad to hear it worked for you. My card isnt a founders edition, so I can just plug 3 of the 8-pins pci-e cables but as some have stated here I think it might be voltage or other things that needs to be fine tuned. What really concerns me is that asus is releasing a beta bios almost 3 times a month. It seems that they dont know where the issue is.
See specs...

Anilman92
Level 7
With 3402 i have again the cold boot bug.
3times reboot (safeboot)
F1 for bios and wait few seconds
Dont change anything restart
*no issues on windows 10....

3202 was better because pbo did work there but not on this bios update.....*

Anilman92 wrote:
3202 was better because pbo did work there but not on this bios update.....*

Not for me, I got more stability with v3402 than any previous version, but it's not completely stable yet, now I have a reboot every 3 days or so.

Not to mention the loss of performance. 😞

I have 3900x and on BIOS v3202 I made this changes (as someone else suggested) and got no more reboots.
set voltages in BIOS
soc 1.1V
ccd 0.900V
iod 0.950V

Hello !

Coming from 2606 with 5900x and multile crash (3 - 4 time by a day - just shut down and rebooting)

Update bios to 3001 and god, no more reboot etc but, now my cpu idle temp is around 45 - 60 and when gaming 75-85 :x (cpu cooler https://fr.msi.com/Liquid-Cooling/MAG-CORELIQUID-240R)

anyone else experience this issue?

Thanks!

Terenas789 wrote:
Update bios to 3001 and god, no more reboot etc but, now my cpu idle temp is around 45 - 60 and when gaming 75-85 :x (cpu cooler https://fr.msi.com/Liquid-Cooling/MAG-CORELIQUID-240R)

Lower vcore voltage in bios.

So I have been on it since the 15th (3402). This is with a 5900X and 32 GB 3200 Mhz Cl14 dual ranked Samsung B die.

I actually was able to get to -30 in PBO Curve Optimizer stable in high power usage but would get BSOD's in any low power uses. -25 On Primary cores and -30 on other cores seem stable. Only one crash at 4:38 AM two days ago when the PC woke for patching. After that, I set the infinity fabric manually to 1600, set SoC voltage to 1.1, then LLC to 3. So far so good but I don't really have a way to replicate crashes other than installing windows. All the testing I tried on this thread showed stable for both -30 and -25/30 mixed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/krjnc4/advanced_guide_curve_optimizer_stability_test_and/?utm_...

I actually got a higher score on CB23 by 2000 on multicore and 50 on single-core after tweaking my curve by core than I had with the full -30 on the 3202.

Resizable BAR is not available, so I am not sure this is really AGESA 1.2.0.0.

Lowering the SOC ram voltage to 1.0620 is the only thing I did. Issue gone now.