cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

finnstop wrote:
Not sure but maybe related that @mokichu informed another person who reported problems similar to yours that the updated audio driver package Asus posted for his Strix B550 are incorrect and meant for another board. This could also be the case with X570E drivers that were posted by Asus. I would recommend reverting back to your known working set of drivers or use mokichu's latest set following all the uninstall and install steps exactly.

Is there any link for mokichu?

kush_ wrote:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117596-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(MB-Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-amp-AMD...

Very nice! Thank you! The very first is for our mobo right?

comfuzio13 wrote:
Very nice! Thank you! The very first is for our mobo right?

No, the x570e is an UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB, so you want to use that driver set...the second listed.

Hi. Havent read all the thread but I am having randomly no post on this motherboard. I have Rtx 2070 super gaming x trio from msi gpu. Sometimes when I hit restart is working, sometimes I have to turn off manualy and then on again.

lesa84 wrote:
Hi. Havent read all the thread but I am having randomly no post on this motherboard. I have Rtx 2070 super gaming x trio from msi gpu. Sometimes when I hit restart is working, sometimes I have to turn off manualy and then on again.

SOC voltage in Auto is sometimes the culprit
Enter Bios and change "CPU SOC voltage" to manual and enter 1.05

Another issue I can't seem to fix maybe someone can help me with.

I decided to finally hook up my logitech z906 to my PC through S/PDIF but it doesn't output any sound.
Checked cable, proper connection.
Tried Audio driver Version 6.0.8751.1, still no output.
Tried these drivers (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117596-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(MB-Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-amp-AMD..., still not working.
Thought about having the outputs tied together rather then independent through Sonic Studio Version 3.16.13.0, WON'T LOAD!

Anyone having the same issue or is able to use S/PDIF with Windows 10 Version 2004????

Always an issue with AMD systems :mad:

I have included screenshots of my windows drivers for troubleshooting

86392 86393

ShyGuy2 wrote:
Another issue I can't seem to fix maybe someone can help me with.

I decided to finally hook up my logitech z906 to my PC through S/PDIF but it doesn't output any sound.
Checked cable, proper connection.
Tried Audio driver Version 6.0.8751.1, still no output.
Tried these drivers (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117596-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(MB-Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-amp-AMD..., still not working.
Thought about having the outputs tied together rather then independent through Sonic Studio Version 3.16.13.0, WON'T LOAD!

Anyone having the same issue or is able to use S/PDIF with Windows 10 Version 2004????

Always an issue with AMD systems :mad:

I have included screenshots of my windows drivers for troubleshooting

86392 86393

Follow those instructions here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117596-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(MB-Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-amp-AMD...
at least for me it fixed this problem. Shame on Asus for posting the wrong driver in their site

Shenny
Level 11
I am with z906 on Windows 10 2004. I bought the system in April or May and initially used with the Realtek sound controller. Then I switched to Creative AE-7. However, to test if the Realtek sound still works I plugged it just now to the onboard SPDIF port and I cannot detect any problems (I am playing music through the onboard sound right now).

One Important note, though: I did a fresh re-install of Windows 10 a few months ago and did NOT bother to install any Realtek drivers or the Sonic Studio. So I am running with some basic Microsoft drivers now (as I mentioned, my primary sound card is Creative AE-7).

If you are left out of options, you can:
- uninstall all Realtek/Sonic Studio stuff and test with the default drivers just to make sure that there are no hardware issues
- freshly re-install Windows and first test with the default drivers, then install Sonic Studio and determine at what point the problem happens (if it happens at all)

Shenny wrote:
I am with z906 on Windows 10 2004. I bought the system in April or May and initially used with the Realtek sound controller. Then I switched to Creative AE-7. However, to test if the Realtek sound still works I plugged it just now to the onboard SPDIF port and I cannot detect any problems (I am playing music through the onboard sound right now).

One Important note, though: I did a fresh re-install of Windows 10 a few months ago and did NOT bother to install any Realtek drivers or the Sonic Studio. So I am running with some basic Microsoft drivers now (as I mentioned, my primary sound card is Creative AE-7).

If you are left out of options, you can:
- uninstall all Realtek/Sonic Studio stuff and test with the default drivers just to make sure that there are no hardware issues
- freshly re-install Windows and first test with the default drivers, then install Sonic Studio and determine at what point the problem happens (if it happens at all)

I have gone through as many routes as I can to completely rid my system of any traces of Realtek audio drivers or similar audio codecs/software. Still no sound.
For sanity sakes I tested it with my TV and the Logitech z906 does indeed work, just not with my desktop 😞

I was wondering, non related to my issue, if your z906 overheats and freezes up which requires a fan being placed on the internal heatsink to prevent this problem. I got mine factory refurbished and noticed it would freeze-up after a hour and upon placing my hand on the back of the unit it was extremely hot. I guess they didn't engineer the heat dissipation very well so I spliced a 5V 1amp fan to an old 5V 500ma phone charger to keep it cool and it's still working but i'd really like to take it apart to see what can be done to better aid in its thermals.