cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

Dan69 wrote:
I think this is a bug. It is available for me on 2206.

Do you mean 2606?
Can anyone confirm if the ERP Ready setting is back in version 2606?

I downgraded to 1405 in order to use ERP Ready again. It is missing in all versions from 1407 to 2408.

Gigaflux wrote:
Do you mean 2606?
Can anyone confirm if the ERP Ready setting is back in version 2606?

I downgraded to 1405 in order to use ERP Ready again. It is missing in all versions from 1407 to 2408.

Apologies, I meant 2204. ERP shows up for me.
ASUS removed 2204 from their BIOS list.

Could this be related to PSUs?
I'm running a Corsair RM850

Off-the-wall somewhat unrelated question...

Just recently upgraded my GPU to a PCI 4.0 model. I have it plugged into the first PCI express slot, but it's still showing as PCI Express 3.0x16 in the graphics card settings (within Windows 10) for bus speed, instead of PC Express 4.0. I set the slot to "Gen 4.0" within the BIOS, but it still shows up as PCI Express 3.0x16. Is this expected behavior or is there some other config change required within the BIOS? Thanks.

ForkWNY wrote:
Off-the-wall somewhat unrelated question...

Just recently upgraded my GPU to a PCI 4.0 model. I have it plugged into the first PCI express slot, but it's still showing as PCI Express in the graphics card settings (within Windows 10) for bus speed, instead of PC Express 4.0. I set the slot to "Gen 4.0" within the BIOS, but it still shows up as PCI Express 3.0x16. Is this expected behavior or is there some other config change required within the BIOS? Thanks.

What GPU do you have ?
As far as I know all current gen graphics cards are PCIe 3.0

It's a XFX RX 5700XT Thicc III Ultra, fully PCI Express 4.0 compliant.

I found the culprit - the riser cable I was using was not PCI Express 4.0 compatible, only supported 3.0 and earlier. Got rid of riser cable and plugged the new GPU directly into the X570E PCI express socket #1. Powered back up, card running at PCI Express 4.0x16. Previously the screenshot (below) was showing PCI express 3.0x16 (with the riser cable plugged into the GPU). All good now with the added bonus of the GPU running cooler since it has more direct airflow from the front chassis fans.

Fortunately I no longer needed the riser cable - I used to have an old RAID disk array that was taking up a good chunk of space within my tower, so I had the GPU plugged into a different area of the tower using a PCI riser cable. I got rid of the disk array a few months back and have plenty of space in there now. The card is a beast though, over 12" long and probably weighs 3 lbs.

Dan69 wrote:

I'm using a Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 750 PSU. Really hoping someone can confirm if ErP Ready is in any of the available later versions before I update. :confused:

Dan69 wrote:

I have a Corsair RMx 750W Gold, should be a pretty similar situation to you.

Like the other guy, I'm stuck using 1405 for ERP Ready. Everything beyond that up to 2408 is missing ERP Ready for me. Too bad that 2204 has been removed. I haven't checked 2606, because I don't want to go through the trouble of upgrading and downgrading again if ERP Ready isn't available on it.

Gigaflux wrote:
I have a Corsair RMx 750W Gold, should be a pretty similar situation to you.

Like the other guy, I'm stuck using 1405 for ERP Ready. Everything beyond that up to 2408 is missing ERP Ready for me. Too bad that 2204 has been removed. I haven't checked 2606, because I don't want to go through the trouble of upgrading and downgrading again if ERP Ready isn't available on it.

Here's a trick:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_X570-E_GAMING/ROG-STRIX-X570-E-GAMING-ASUS...

Dan69 wrote:
Here's a trick:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_X570-E_GAMING/ROG-STRIX-X570-E-GAMING-ASUS...

Well that's kind of neat. Why was 2204 removed in the first place though? I assume some stability issues?

Can anyone comment on ERP Ready (Under APM) being available or not in 2606?

Gigaflux wrote:
Well that's kind of neat. Why was 2204 removed in the first place though? I assume some stability issues?

Can anyone comment on ERP Ready (Under APM) being available or not in 2606?

what do you want ERP ready to do for you?