cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

anub1s21 wrote:
as someone who downloaded and installed 2407, should i be concerned that there is now a 2408 but no longer a 2407 available?

also the changelog seems...off.

"ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING BIOS 2408
USB Flash Back :
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (SX570EG.CAP) using BIOSRenamer"

generally don't have issue's, some video driver crashes but those popped up after updating to windows 10 2004, nvidia geforce drivers 450+ and i think 2407 came out that week as well so not entirely sure which of those is contributing.

I updated without the name change and am having some minor issues. GPU lag with the nvidia 2070 super ryzen 7 3700x cpu.

Haven't noticed any CPU or other performance problems with v2408. CPU clock seems to stay above 4Ghz even while relatively idle. I do use custom fan settings so that the chassis and CPU fans crank as soon as the CPU temp goes above 45C or so, the whole system stays fairly cool in my basement.

For those of you having some issues...did you update to the latest AMD chipset drivers? Not saying that will fix anything, just curious to know if you're on the latest chipset drivers.

Shenny
Level 11
Flashed to BIOS 2408 to keep my mobo up to date. No problems during the flashing process itself, also didn't need to rename the BIOS file.
However, what appears strange to me after the update is that the CPU clock of my Ryzen 7 3700X goes down to as low as 3.5 GHz when idle, given that the nominal speed should be at least 3.6 GHz. Has anybody noticed the same with his/her CPU?

modreck
Level 8
I personally stay with the bios 1407, because with what I signed with the bios that no longer appear on the web page of the plate no longer trusted me nor the ink.

Arokhantos
Level 10
Asus should not push out updates that aren't stable if they then somehow not manage to test it least they can do is flag it as beta, instead of pushing as non beta, haven't had issues with 2407 i would asume 2408 is stability fixes mostly anyway
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming/ Ryzen 9 5950x / 4x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN / Liquid Devil 7900 XTX / 2x samsung 980 PRO 2 TB / 2x samsung 860 evo 1 tb / 2x crucial mx500 2 TB / LG 38WN95C-W 3840x1600 144hz / 12 inch system info display

Arokhantos
Level 10
Is there a waterblock replacement for the chipset cooling on 570-e ? may just do that in the future have triple 360mm rad anyway

anub1s21 wrote:
yea i think the heatsync on the strix-E is so weak we'll never have an fan off at idle mode, i mean have you seen it? 1x4-5cm aluminium block with i think 6-8 fins on there, was shocked when i took of the shroud to see that tiny heatsync in a board this expensive and fancy (i kinda feel like the old X58/Z87/Z 77 had a much beefier cooling solution for there southbridge).

in my case (lian li 011 dynamic) i have 3 fans on the floor blowing air up across the board, and i have 3 fans blowing air across so you'd think with the sheer amount of fresh air getting pumped towards the heatsync fan it's temps would be noticably different to when i didn't have those fans in yet but the temp dropped by maybe 1-2 degree's by feeding it air >.> almost think the case fans are accidentally trying to overpower what the chipset fan uses for an exhaust 😛

I have a lian li O11 dynamic xl altho bottom fans are blowing radiator air into the case as well as my side radiator and then rear exhaust and top exhaust with silent fan profile altho it does kick in to full gear if gets to hot
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming/ Ryzen 9 5950x / 4x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN / Liquid Devil 7900 XTX / 2x samsung 980 PRO 2 TB / 2x samsung 860 evo 1 tb / 2x crucial mx500 2 TB / LG 38WN95C-W 3840x1600 144hz / 12 inch system info display

New_Ninja
Level 7
Just installed the last bios update version 2408 dated 7/24/2020 and there is a feature that it was working before and now it isnt:
When system is in sleep, hibernate or soft off states
I want to select the option STEALTH so all rgb light is turned off when you turn off the box. Anyone else having this same issue?
Thanks.
See specs...

New Ninja wrote:
Just installed the last bios update version 2408 dated 7/24/2020 and there is a feature that it was working before and now it isnt:
When system is in sleep, hibernate or soft off states
I want to select the option STEALTH so all rgb light is turned off when you turn off the box. Anyone else having this same issue?
Thanks.

last time I updated bios my ssd wouldn't boot without csm enabled. I cleared the drive and reinstalled windows and boots fine now. Should I even update it again or just use the current version have now?

Did anyone experienced restart loop with bios 2407, 2408? PC got stuck in a circle, and the only solution was reverting to bios 2204. What could be the problem?

purple_0 wrote:
Did anyone experienced restart loop with bios 2407, 2408? PC got stuck in a circle, and the only solution was reverting to bios 2204. What could be the problem?

I get all sorts of codes with these new bios' and am seriously irate with this crap. Known settings that used to work have issues. And simple things like rebooting throw codes.