cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios update?

thomson1969
Level 8
Hi,

Does anybody knows when there will be a new bios for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming.
The latest one is dated 2019-07-05, an there is nothing about which AGESA its using.
1,337 REPLIES 1,337

chief gunney wrote:
Clear cmos, load optomised defaults, re-do your settings and save by over- writing all your old profiles.
tried 1405, seems good, temps and chipset a bit lower and performance seems the same on R5 3600.

Yes, that is what for I've paid 350 euros, to get a board that I will have to clear cmos in every bios update because asus is incompetent to make a quality check of their software!
Irony aside, this is ultra bad for asus.

comfuzio13 wrote:
Is there any changelog? I mean even the 1403 official changelog is trash

Changelog doesn't say much. It is the same as with 1403.

If you not set the voltage to manual do you set it to auto or offset ( with + or - values)?
I have 3900x and Rog strix x570-f,
I notes that offset -0.1 voltage I get a bit higher score in ciniebench r20 (about 120p more) but I read somewhere that we should not under voltage T
I am in 1404 update I manage to update via internet in bios and I got the latest 😮 as it's not available yet on web.
Another question here Which monitor to belive more Razen Master or HWInfo 64 as Rayzen show a bit higher voltage!!

still having graphical issues with 1404. Now I'm seeing little discolored pixels around the screen. Aorus Engine doesn't recognize my graphics card anymore. Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC.

Everything else runs ok though.

djxpress wrote:
still having graphical issues with 1404. Now I'm seeing little discolored pixels around the screen. Aorus Engine doesn't recognize my graphics card anymore. Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC.

Similar problems here. x570-f, Bios 1404, Asus Strix 2070 OC, Ryzen 7.
Had blocker issue with 1403, black screen, not booting.
Flashed 1404, booting ok, RAM at 3600MHz 16-19-19-36 also ok. But issues with GPU. I would not recommend flashing 1403 nor 1404 yet. Wait for 1405 maybe or until there are no more posts in this thread... 🙂

haloharry97
Level 7
Am Lucky, i've had no problems

DazzXP
Level 7
The 1405 BIOS is ok, still on my Strix X570-F i can't set CMD to 2T it just ignores what you set in the BIOS and defaults to CMD 1T like before but atleast now i can boot and works at T1 when going past 3600MT/s so getting to 3733MT/s with 4x 8GB DIMM's is far far far less a pain in the ass as you have to use Ryzen master to do it and that thing keeps screwing up your settings. Gear down also appears to be getting ignored now too, but i can't be chewed with that right now. Prior to upgrading the BIOS i spent 3 hours on 1404 this morning in getting the damn thing to boot at 3733MT/s almost broke down in tears and was on the verge of snapping the bloody thing in two, but would you know it that it finally stuck on my last attempt. Temps appear a little lower and i am not seeing radical spikes like playing games is around 62C before it would be 68C then spikes to 80C then goes back down so it's less annoying on the ROG Ryujin 360 as the small fan which i have at 10% would go to 100% at 80C.

Also why do you suggest clearing CMOS after upgrading the BIOS? i have never had to do that after upgrading the BIOS on past ASUS, Gigabyte or MSI boards, as all configuration loaded was already wiped during the upgrade anyway or is that more of a habit you have picked up?

I still reserve judgement on the motherboard with the 1405 BIOS. i have been building computers for the last 30 years, since i was 7 years old and thus far anyway this has been the worst motherboard i have owned or even built for clients EVER. These BIOS releases don't feel retail release, but more like pre-alpha. Even as a day one owner of Ryzen and crosshair 6 with at the time Hynix memory had less issues than this thing with Samsung B-die.

selarom
Level 7
Wow! and I just bought a Strix x570-e from Amazon during the CyberMonday deals... got it for $279... Will it give me toruble to run Gskill FlareX 3200mhz c14 at rated speeds? I got 4x8GB sticks...

selarom wrote:
Wow! and I just bought a Strix x570-e from Amazon during the CyberMonday deals... got it for $279... Will it give me toruble to run Gskill FlareX 3200mhz c14 at rated speeds? I got 4x8GB sticks...
At stock or D.O.C.P (aka XMP) they are fine but i would suggest updating the BIOS to the latest revision.

Hey guys,

I'm about to buy this board and was trying to find information if there now is any control of the chipset fan in the latest bios versions?

The only reason why I've been really struggling to buy any X570 boards are the chipset fans which seems like going back to the 90's. But what I've researched from endless googling is that this board is one of the most quiet ones. Of course some boards have fan stop feature but also some say that it's almost worst when you hear the fan spinning up and down all the time.

I've read this whole thread and the impression is that the bios is not in that great shape? I'm now going to run 3700X and probably going to upgrade to 3950X when the prices go down, also not planning to overclock (at least for now).

Any information would be extremely valuable from you owners!