cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Fan control not working

twinpeaks
Level 7
On this motherboard on Windows 11 I recently uninstalled AI Suite 3 and installed Armory Crate. Ever since then the fans run at super turbo blast. I have uninstalled AI Suite 3 and gone into the BIOS and adjusted the fan curve there and saved, but that has not put the fans back.

I have downloaded some other fan utilities but haven't figured them out too much. Fan Control does change the speeds as it calibrates. I haven't yet learned it to save a fan curve there.

Any other advice?
10 REPLIES 10

TheLastElite
Level 7
twinpeaks wrote:
On this motherboard on Windows 11 I recently uninstalled AI Suite 3 and installed Armory Crate. Ever since then the fans run at super turbo blast. I have uninstalled AI Suite 3 and gone into the BIOS and adjusted the fan curve there and saved, but that has not put the fans back.

I have downloaded some other fan utilities but haven't figured them out too much. Fan Control does change the speeds as it calibrates. I haven't yet learned it to save a fan curve there.

Any other advice?

Make sure the fan is clean and run the bios at default settings, see what it does. If it's still doing it you may need to RMA.

knt
Level 7
Have you tried using Armoury Crate to test the 4 different fan speed options to see if the fan ramps up & down between the fan speed setting.

Another option is to unistall any installed software that can control fan speed and just test use the options in the BIOS settings.

Test the various fan speed settings via within the BIOS enviroment only and see if the BIOS can control different fan speeds.

twinpeaks
Level 7
When the computer boots, the fans do go from high to low.

I have installed a fresh bones Windows 11 instance on a brand new NVMe. I have the same issue, when booting into Windows 11 fans are on hair dryer mode.

In the BIOS when I click on the various speeds all I see are graph changes to the curve. I do not hear any changes. No matter what I select, i get hair dryer mode during Windows bootup that does not decelerate at the desktop.

I did a full Macrium Reflect save before installing Armory Crate since it's so hard to uninstall. I then installed Armory Crate. Yes, when I click on the fan options I can hear difference - at the desktop I'm back to regular mode. If I were to boot up Cyberpunk (as an example) would the fans know to increase speed?

May go back to my upgraded Windows 11 NVMe but I may stick with the fresh install because I had a smattering of minor miscellaneous issues, as happens over time, with my upgraded Windows 11 NVMe.

knt
Level 7
If you stress the CPU multicores test with something like Cinebench, you can certainly hear the fans ramp up during the benchmark.

If Cyberpunk stresses the CPU similarly then the fans should also ramp up, but I think that game is more graphics stressed than CPU.

twinpeaks
Level 7
yeah my problem is more that I want the fans to ramp DOWN when I'm on the web and not default to hair dryer mode

knt
Level 7
What are your fans setup in the case and how many do you have?

What BIOS version are you on?

Check to see if you're using the correct power mode PWM or DC for the fans you are using.

knt wrote:
What are your fans setup in the case and how many do you have?

What BIOS version are you on?

Check to see if you're using the correct power mode PWM or DC for the fans you are using.

Hi sorry for the delay -

The CPU is an Amd Wraith cooler RGB

The GPU is a new 3080ti Gigabyte

The rear fan is a Corsair RGB

The front 3 fans came with my Lian Li Lancool II the specs say "
3 x 120mm ARGB Front Fans Included"

You are on to something as I have no idea what is the correct "PWM" or "DC" mode I should use.

twinpeaks
Level 7
Any thoughts?

knt
Level 7
Look at the fan controls in the BIOS and have a play through the different settings and/or options. You could also try the fan calibration settings in the BIOS to auto setup the fans and see if that makes any difference.

All I can suggest is to check the cables on the fans are connected properly to the MB and install and update Armoury Create only and update all to newest via update centre.
Don't install AI Suite 3 as that has caused many crashes on my Windows 11 system.