cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog strix x370 f gaming -problems- Help needed

Roggr
Level 7
Hello. I bought my new mb Asus rog strix x370 f gaming a few weeks ago brand new. I installed win 10 64 bit, mb cd with the drivers and utilities. After that I installed the updates from my products page (asus official page). As I have see the asus page chipset driver does not recognized by mb cd ,when I install this driver 5.12.0.38 the mb cd notes that I must install the cd chipset driver again. The second problem I see: at bios -advanced mode-sata the sata ports or entries are suffled: i should have sata6 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 and my mb has sata6 1-2-5-6-3-4-7-8 …? Third problem: mb recognizes my asus BW-16D1HT blueray writer as atapi, but this device is sata and is connected with sata cable to the mb. Fourth problem is that I cannot set in sli mode my vga cards. Bios see both cards , windows manager and nvidia panel also see the 2 cards ,but not an sli option. What I have already done: I installed latest firmware 4012 for mb and the latest firmware for the blue ray,i have reset cmos and I have contact asus helpdesk who gave me NO solution at all. I ask for your help in order to fix the problems. Unless my product is factory damaged. I would like to inform me also if there is some update for sata drivers ,because as I have see there are only for raid. Does the asus official page has the latest and correct drivers for every product of mine? I don,t know and I say that because in the asus page - my products notes that I have registered the BW -16D1HT PRO but I have the BW-16D1HT. I have contact asus Greece this time for that and I gave the serial number and agreed that is not the PRO but no one changed that. The result of this ASUS mistake ? WRONG FIRMWARE AND WRONG DRIVERS. I am looking forward for your help and advice at all. Cheers. At service-related inquires I have some photos which I don,t know how to move on this post
2 REPLIES 2

dihartnell
Level 7
I have the same mobo and dont experience any issues, although I dont have 2 GPUs or a Blueray.

Mine shows the same order for the Sata ports. Im not 100% sure but I thought has always been that way.

In the BIOS Advanced Onboard devices there are some options for configuring PCIe ports, the mode (Gen 1-3) they run in. Enabling some ports disables others etc depending what other hardware is plugged in and its PCIe requirements.

Thanks for your reply, as I understood the sata ports at your mobo are as mine? 12563478? I don,t believe asus made it like this... There must be a problem but what is it? I will keep trying to find what is going on. Anyone has this card please post. Thanks