cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix x 570 E-gaming. The video card does not start in PCIe 4.0 mode

smuglyi_aa
Level 7
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix x 570 E-gaming (Bios v.4005)
Processor: Ryzen 5600x
Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Power supply: Fractal Design Ion+860 Platinum
Memory: G.Skill TRIDENT Z Neo RGB [F4-3600C14D-16GTZNB] 16Gb
SSD: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB

Hello guys, I need help. The bios has been updated to the latest version 4021. The graphics card is installed in PCIEX16_1 slot. After pressing the power button, the system fails POST verification, the postcode "02" lights up for a long time, then "07" and freezes on "97". The motherboard is constantly glowing with LED VGA. After 20-30 minutes of waiting, the "Republic of Games" logo appears on the monitor. When you start the bios, terrible friezes begin, the screen is drawn frame by frame. The system boots to user login window and crashes into a blue screen. It turned out that if you change the PCIEX16_1 slot mode from "Auto" to "Gen3" in the bios, the system starts and works perfectly without any complaints. I tried to change CSM to Enabled and Disabled, it did not bring a positive result. Also, if the PCIEX16_1 slot - "Gen3" is changed to PCIEX16_1 - "Gen4", the above problem is returned. Resetting the bios to default settings does not help, Clear CMOS is also to no avail. The graphics card is fully operational, I am sure of this, because it was tested on other assemblies, worked in PCIEX 4.0 mode without any problems. No m.2 memory have been installed. I swapped RAM bar places, left one at a time, it didn't help. In PCIEX 3.0 mode, the system load tests in OCCT 10.0.6 are successful. Bios flashed versions 4021, 4005,4002, 3604 did not help.
https://disk.yandex.ru/i/OChjs4ONYvyVrg- link to the video of friezes in the bios

19 REPLIES 19

MKEEN
Level 9
This forum is quite terrible TBH, best going somewhere like Guru3d, people will answer and actually help, they know a thing or two and it's quite active as well.

cnpcman
Level 7
smuglyi_aa wrote:

Hello guys, I need help. The bios has been updated to the latest version 4021. The graphics card is installed in PCIEX16_1 slot. After pressing the power button, the system fails POST verification, the postcode "02" lights up for a long time, then "07" and freezes on "97". The motherboard is constantly glowing with LED VGA. After 20-30 minutes of waiting, the "Republic of Games" logo appears on the monitor. When you start the bios, terrible friezes begin, the screen is drawn frame by frame. The system boots to user login window and crashes into a blue screen. It turned out that if you change the PCIEX16_1 slot mode from "Auto" to "Gen3" in the bios, the system starts and works perfectly without any complaints. I tried to change CSM to Enabled and Disabled, it did not bring a positive result. Also, if the PCIEX16_1 slot - "Gen3" is changed to PCIEX16_1 - "Gen4", the above problem is returned. Resetting the bios to default settings does not help, Clear CMOS is also to no avail. The graphics card is fully operational, I am sure of this, because it was tested on other assemblies, worked in PCIEX 4.0 mode without any problems. No m.2 memory have been installed. I swapped RAM bar places, left one at a time, it didn't help. In PCIEX 3.0 mode, the system load tests in OCCT 10.0.6 are successful. Bios flashed versions 4021, 4005,4002, 3604 did not help.
https://disk.yandex.ru/i/OChjs4ONYvyVrg- link to the video of friezes in the bios

Hello, is your problem with pci-ex 4.0 resolved?
I'm planning to swap my 2070 super for a 3080, my kit is 5800x+x570-F and I still have two ssd's on the m2 Gen 3.0 ports, I'm afraid I have the same problem. Sorry for my English.

cnpcman@gmail.com wrote:
Hello, is your problem with pci-ex 4.0 resolved?
I'm planning to swap my 2070 super for a 3080, my kit is 5800x+x570-F and I still have two ssd's on the m2 Gen 3.0 ports, I'm afraid I have the same problem. Sorry for my English.

Unfortunately, I did not find a solution to my problem. I'll probably contact the service center

knt
Level 7
smuglyi_aa wrote:

Maybe a silly question to ask, have you tried leaving it on AUTO and running a stress test like Furmark to see what GPU-Z displays.

Mine shows PCIe x16 4.0 @ x16 1.1 when nothing is stressing the card.

knt wrote:
Maybe a silly question to ask, have you tried leaving it on AUTO and running a stress test like Furmark to see what GPU-Z displays.

Mine shows PCIe x16 4.0 @ x16 1.1 when nothing is stressing the card.

When the PCIEX16_1 slot is in "AUTO" and "GEN4" mode, the system does not boot, freezes

smuglyi_aa wrote:
When the PCIEX16_1 slot is in "AUTO" and "GEN4" mode, the system does not boot, freezes

Have you tried researching for the error codes?

Lots of possible causes of the errors, best to try for example

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?113144-Crosshair-VIII-Formula-will-not-post-HDD-Code-02-Po...
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1108782-help-asus-x570-motherboard-q-code-02-vga-light/

Probably lots more.

Most of the time it's the quirks of the hardware combo used and try to see what works with other peoples solutions.

knt wrote:
Have you tried researching for the error codes?

Lots of possible causes of the errors, best to try for example

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?113144-Crosshair-VIII-Formula-will-not-post-HDD-Code-02-Po...
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1108782-help-asus-x570-motherboard-q-code-02-vga-light/

Probably lots more.

Most of the time it's the quirks of the hardware combo used and try to see what works with other peoples solutions.

I've tried a lot. I even changed the cable. Now the problem is POST CODE 07 and 97 and the VGA LED on the motherboard is glowing. Yesterday I gave the motherboard to the ASUS service center. Definitely faulty motherboard. On the assembly with the ASUS TUF B550 motherboard, the video card works properly

knt
Level 7
Hope the new motherboard is problem free for you.

knt wrote:
Hope the new motherboard is problem free for you.

I really hope so too

Chewbone0101
Level 7
smuglyi_aa wrote:

I have a Ryzen 3950x paired with a Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi). After upgrading my graphics card to an EVGA FTW3 3080 12GB, I had many problems including crashing after opening a browser, and GPU tools not being able to fully communicate with the card. If I could get a game to load without crashing, it had slideshow FPS. Replaced the card, but had the same problems. Upgrading the bios, flashing the card's firmware and every other option did nothing. I finally forced the card's PCI slot to Gen3, and suddenly everything works.

That's where I'm at now. I'm hoping the right people can read this thread, and fix the bios.