cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix B550-XE Gaming Wifi and Kingston Fury Renegade M.2 PCIe 4.0 1Tb

Gjeewaytee
Level 7
So...i have this MB and also a Kingston A2000 M.2 drive which works like it should. But i have no chance whatsoever to install windows on the fury rengade in either gen4 or gen 3 slot. When looking in BIOS in EZ mode i can see the Fury disk is found with correct name and such along with the other kingston drive. When i activate CSM the disk is found under the boot section but refuses to get windows installed. If i deactivate CSM the disk is gone except for in the main screen in EZ mode in BIOS. Kingston SSD Manager does not find the disk either. AS SSD benchmark finds it but calls it microsoft storage device. The disk then works like a normal storage disk, but the speed is pretty slow. Disk managment in Windows finds it too and also calls the disk for microsoft storage device. I have formatted that disk in all sorts and ways but it does not work. Turning it to GPT does not change anything either.
So what am i still missing?
Yes the Fury drive is in Gen4 slot.

CPU is Ryzen 9 5950X and bios is 2803

So my conclusion is that the card is either broken or is not supported from the motherboard. I have checked the supported M.2 drives on the ASUS support page and it was not listed...neither the Kingston A2000 but that disk works with windows installed. In the support page actually very few m.2 drives are listed except a bunch of ADATA drives and 2 from colorful and corsair.
1 REPLY 1

Barktoothx
Level 7
Gjeewaytee wrote:
So...i have this MB and also a Kingston A2000 M.2 drive which works like it should. But i have no chance whatsoever to install windows on the fury rengade in either gen4 or gen 3 slot. When looking in BIOS in EZ mode i can see the Fury disk is found with correct name and such along with the other kingston drive. When i activate CSM the disk is found under the boot section but refuses to get windows installed. If i deactivate CSM the disk is gone except for in the main screen in EZ mode in BIOS. Kingston SSD Manager does not find the disk either. AS SSD benchmark finds it but calls it microsoft storage device. The disk then works like a normal storage disk, but the speed is pretty slow. Disk managment in Windows finds it too and also calls the disk for microsoft storage device. I have formatted that disk in all sorts and ways but it does not work. Turning it to GPT does not change anything either.
So what am i still missing?
Yes the Fury drive is in Gen4 slot.

CPU is Ryzen 9 5950X and bios is 2803

So my conclusion is that the card is either broken or is not supported from the motherboard. I have checked the supported M.2 drives on the ASUS support page and it was not listed...neither the Kingston A2000 but that disk works with windows installed. In the support page actually very few m.2 drives are listed except a bunch of ADATA drives and 2 from colorful and corsair.

you need to do the following to be able to write to the disk.

https://youtu.be/No-ct8pQcIg